Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan's Loaded To Release 'Sick' In April
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan's Loaded To Release 'Sick' In April  (Read 59063 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »

he cut his hair again Sad

Still haven't checked out the rest of Sick, but that flatlined song does nothing for me Sad
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

^ To me Flatline stands a bit out from all the other songs on the album.. it sounds a bit different probably cause it's (co)written by a band outsider. There are some really cool rockers on there, No Shame, The Slide, Blind Date Girl and some nice ballads like Mother's Day and Wasted Heart electrical version. To me these type of songs are kinda what I expected from VR in the first place when they started Cool
spIdeZ
Opening Act

« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »

Got the album last night. Not bad at all.

I never really gave too much credit to Duff. "Believe in me" was shit really that's why I was so reluctant to get this record

You should check out Beautiful Disease - even better than Sick IMO.  Dark Days was decent too, much better than Believe in Me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »

Doesn't sound like Duff is anywhere near finished with Loaded just yet, so VR may be pushed a little further on the backburner.

From Duff's twitter

Will be writing new LOADED songs tonite and tomorrow. Some great ideas and riffs have come on this latest tour. Excited for sure!
about 4 hours ago from web

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

Looks like Duff is reading my posts,  hihi

duff64VR will continue our search for our singer. It WILL happen! When I speak of Loaded, I am certainly not speaking against VR!
11 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2009, 11:27:59 PM »

Duff needs to bring the guys to Baltimore, Philly, DC, or all 3 - there are some killer venues around here and I haven't been able to see the guys since Seattle in 2002 at the I-Spy with Shannon and (RIP) Lori Lepper

That show ranks up there with some of the best shows I have ever been to and I have been to GNR, Clapton, Dylan, Izzy, Dino, Foos, BB King, B Boys, etc - too many good ones to mention

Hey Duff - Get your bud Lanegan to tour with you while he is with the Soulsavers - (I love that collaboration and band)

I think Lanegan w/ Soulsavers and Loaded would be a killer co-headline - I know Lanegan loves Europe (as we all do), but c'mon!!  I was gonna go to Lollapalooza in 1996 (Metallica, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden) but couldn't convince any of my friends to go (douchbags  Cornell's voice is now shot, Trees are long gone since 2000 in Seattle, and Newstead left Metallica)

So I digress

The new album ROX!! - I was happy to hear the guys were in the studio again

BTW - Who sings that song on the album? (not Duff of course) (Jeff Rouse?) - that song might be my favorite on the album - (Lori had quite a thing for him - as i heard over endless hous on instant messenger)

Miss you Lori....Hope you are rocking out in heaven ...................................................................
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »

Jul 20, 2009

Duff McKagan's Loaded: Off Bass

By Kory Grow

Duff McKagan Originally published in Guitar World, June 2009

Duff McKagen talks to Guitar World about his band's second album, Sick.

Duff McKagan made his name playing bass for Guns N? Roses and Velvet Revolver. But when it comes to being frontman for Loaded, his punk-inspired side project, he?s strictly a six-stringer. Says Duff, ?Singing and playing guitar is way easier than singing and playing bass. I don?t know how Sting does what he does. He?s a freak of nature.?

The Seattle-based group released its debut album, Dark Days, in 2001 but parted ways after McKagan joined Velvet Revolver in 2002. The band reunited in 2008 during Velvet Revolver?s own dark days with former frontman Scott Weiland. Says McKagan, ?When it was getting really dramatic, it was nice for me to step away from it, musically, and just go play with Loaded up in Seattle.? The sessions yielded the Wasted Heart EP in 2008. Now comes Sick (Century Media), Loaded?s second full-length release in eight years. Says McKagan, ?I guess it?s never too late to make that second record.?

McKagan and the band?guitarist Mike Squires, bassist Jeff Rouse and drummer Geoff Reading?decided to write a new album when, at a Christmas benefit gig, they realized how many good unrecorded songs they had. Although McKagan wrote most of the songs on Dark Days, much of Sick was composed by the band or with other writers. One track, the somber ?Mothers Day,? took shape from McKagan and Rouse jamming together on bass guitars. It was called ?Two Basses? until McKagan wrote lyrics about friends he?s lost to drugs.

Surprisingly, although doing time in GN?R and Velvet Revolver cemented his association with Slash, McKagan credits former Gunner Izzy Stradlin as the guitarist that most influenced his own rhythm playing. ?I think from Izzy I learned where a rhythm guitar player should be, within the band,? McKagan says. ?As a result, I don?t overthink it.?

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/duff_mckagan039s_loaded_off_bass

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »

Been writing a lot of new music this week. Its ALWAYS cool when you get into these 'pockets' of inspiration. Its hot here in Seattle.

10 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

A short interview with Duff on Fox News.  He says he will not be writing a tell-all book, although he knows where the bodies are buried.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/25325069/duff-mckagan.htm#q=duff+mckagan

alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:03 PM »

Duff has always had a great sense of humor - always great to hear new tunes are in the works!!

I wish the guys would unearth some old songs off of Episode 99: Live - Sycophant is one of my favorites - Ridin' Home has got rock n' country mixed well

I know they probably don't play them because they were not written by Jeff, Geoff, and Mike - still would be killer to hear at least one

Great news guys!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »

Someone has posted a slideshow from the Caribana festival in Switzerland on June 10th to Loaded's "No Shame".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8fUzUX8hM4

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:27 PM »

From Duff...

LOADED 'Sick' limited custom art vinyl with 7" insert. Artwork is ridiculously cool-JUST RELEASED! Zodiackillerrecords.com

about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

You can get the album and see the artwork here:

Duff McKagan's Loaded "SICK"

$25.00

AVAILABLE NOW!!!!
LIMITED EDITION version of DUFF McKAGAN'S LOADED on custom multi-colored LP. The US version comes with exclusive LP only cover art by MEXICAN CHOCOLATE DESIGN, and is packaged with a bonus white lable, 2 track 7".
WE WILL START TO SHIP THIS TITLE BY AUGUST 1ST.

http://www.cockroachmedia.com/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »

From Duff...

U.K. Tour Fall '09

10/7/09 - Belfast - Spring & Airgate
10/8/09 - Dublin -The Academy
10/10/09 - Birmingham - Academy *
10/11/09 - Leamington Spa - Assembly
10/13/09 - Newport - TJs
10/14/09 - Portsmouth - Guildhall *
10/15/09 - London - Hammersmith Apollo *
10/16/09 - Leeds - Academy *
10/17/09 - Glasgow - Academy *
10/19/09 - Newcastle - Academy *
10/20/09 - Manchester - Apollo *
10/21/09 - Bristol - Academy *
10/23/09 - Norwich - UEA *
10/24/09 Oxford, Academy *

*The dates w/an asterisk are supporting Black Stone Cherry.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED: Four Special Customized Versions Of 'Sick' To Be Released - Aug. 13, 2009

Cockroach Media, an independent record label specializing in custom vinyl pressings, has teamed up with Zodiac Killer Records to release four special customized versions of "Sick" by DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED on LP in the U.S.

Unlike the U.K. pressing on standard black vinyl, the limited edition U.S. versions will be released on separate custom multicolored records, and be packaged with a bonus 7" single. The bonus disc will include two non-CD tracks, including a rare live acoustic recording of their single "Wasted Heart". This LP will also feature original U.S.-LP-only cover art by Mexican Chocolate Design.

This release was made available late last week through the Cockroach Media and Zodiac Killer Records web sites. "Duff's management sent out e-mails and announcements through their fan clubs and social networking sites late last Wednesday. Within minutes, our site traffic and sales were through the roof. We fully expect this limited pressing to sell out quickly," said Cockroach Media president Jimmy White. White went on to say, "The response was immediate and positive. The remarks on the various forums are extremely positive". The four versions will feature various multicolor combinations of purple, green and black vinyl. Each of these four pressings is extremely limited to 500 pieces or less. The U.S. retail street date for this release has been set for September 15, and will be distributed exclusively through Burnside Distribution in Portland, Oregon.

http://www.cockroachmedia.com/

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »

@duff64 Do you have any plans to come to Kansas or anywhere close by?

about 8 hours ago from web

@mwells78. Not at the moment but sometime this year maybe? Loaded does our best to go where people want to see us!

about 2 hours ago

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »

Loaded's drummer Geoff Reading is stepping down...

Hey everyone,

I am sad to report that, for now, I have to step down as drummer for Duff McKagan's LOADED.

The pressures of being in the "Duff from Guns n' Roses" spotlight, while thrilling, have left me unable to get back to the performer I was pre-cancer, and unable properly provide for my family. This combination has plagued my mental recovery, and I need to take time-now-to focus on these things.

The fellas have hired the great Isaac Carpenter to fill in for the UK tour, with a warm-up show at the Chop-Suey in Seattle on Oct 3. I wouldn't miss this show for anything. Issac is an AMAZING drummer and I, for one, will be right there in front of the stage, with all you Capitol Hill hipsters, arms folded, judging them.

Thank you all for the love and support you've shown me and LOADED.

Cheers,

Geoff

And a little info. on the warm-up show...

Duff McKagans Loaded

10/3/2009 8:00 PM at Chop Suey
Madison and 14th, Seattle,
Cost: 12.00

Come help us kick off our UK tour and blow doors on our first electric local show since the release of "Sick"!

http://www.chopsuey.com/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED Drummer Quits; Replacement Announced - Sep. 12, 2009

Drummer Geoff Reading has left DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, the band led by VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan. He says in a statement, "The pressures of being in the 'Duff from GUNS N' ROSES' spotlight, while thrilling, have left me unable to get back to the performer I was pre-cancer, and unable properly provide for my family. This combination has plagued my mental recovery, and I need to take time now to focus on these things.

"The fellas have hired the great Isaac Carpenter [LOUDERMILK, GOSLING, OURS, THE EXIES] to fill in for the U.K. tour, with a warm-up show at the Chop Suey in Seattle on October 3. I wouldn't miss this show for anything. Isaac is an AMAZING drummer and I, for one, will be right there in front of the stage, with all you Capitol Hill hipsters, arms folded, judging them.

"Thank you all for the love and support you've shown me and LOADED."

For more information on the new DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED drummer, visit his MySpace page.

"Sick", the new full-length album from DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, sold around 1,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"Sick" was released in North America on April 7 via Century Media Records. An e-card for the CD, which was produced by Martin Feveyear (PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, KINGS OF LEON), is available at this location.

In addition to McKagan, LOADED features bassist Jeff Rouse (VENDETTA RED, ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE) and guitarist Mike Squires (ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE).

LOADED released "Live Episode" (1999) and "Dark Days" (2001), before other commitments meant LOADED were put on the back burner to some extent, although they never split up.

DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED's five-song EP, "Wasted Heart", was released in September 2008 via Century Media Records.

Flatline video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126833

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »

Back in the saddle!

Hello everyone! After a little summer vacation, we are happy to say we are strapping our boots on and heading back out on tour. We have added a Seattle show(Only the second since our record "Sick" came out) to the schedule. Not only to bring the LOADED rock back home but....to introduce everybody to the new addition to the LOADED family. Isaac Carpenter will be filling Geoff Reading's very hard to fill shoes behind the drums. Issac played in the uber-awesome bands - LOUDERMILK and GOSLING - wait till you see this guy!
Past that, keep coming back for more tour dates. Looks like we will be heading to South America at the beginning of November!!! We will post them up very soon!

We can't wait to see you all out there, whoooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duff, Jeff, Mike and Isaac

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:05 AM »

Going to see "Loaded"  this Saturday night in Seattle ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »

^^Good for you!!  Enjoy the show!!  Smiley   
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: