Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week  (Read 67844 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 01:54:53 PM »

SLASH Approached For 'Rock Week' On 'American Idol' - Apr. 28, 2009

According to The Pulse of Radio, Slash revealed on his Twitter account that he has been approached to mentor contestants during an upcoming "Rock Week" on "American Idol". The VELVET REVOLVER guitarist simply wrote, "'American Idol' has asked me to do the mentor bit for 'Rock Week'," with no mention of whether he would actually agree to do it or when it would air. Previous stars who have mentored hopefuls on the show include Mariah Carey and Neil Diamond, while Jon Bon Jovi has mentored Rock Week.

Just don't expect Slash to look for the new VELVET REVOLVER singer during his stint. The guitarist has told The Pulse of Radio before that finding a new vocalist through an "Idol"-type tryout or a reality series is out of the question. "If we wanted to make a quick buck, that would be the way to go," he said. "There's such a huge lack of integrity in that process, be it putting a band together or finding a relationship or finding a new best friend, whatever the premise is. It's just a cheap way of doing things and I don't think that you can actually find the individual or the character or the quality or whatever it is that's important."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118997

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »

I heard from a buddy of mine Slush will be on American Idol tonight...anybody else heard this?
Honestly, I think that Adam kid's got talent...but wtf is Slash doing on American Idol?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »

I heard from a buddy of mine Slush will be on American Idol tonight...anybody else heard this?
Honestly, I think that Adam kid's got talent...but wtf is Slash doing on American Idol?

What is Slash doing on American Idol?  The answer = $

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »

Hateful idea.

Angry

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »

Was he on?  God I hope not.  I hate that show!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

They mentioned this on the Stern show yesterday and made fun of him a little bit.  Saying he used to be so dangerous and now he's twittering and going on American Idol.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »

They mentioned this on the Stern show yesterday and made fun of him a little bit.  Saying he used to be so dangerous and now he's twittering and going on American Idol.

HAHA, unfortunately you're only young once.  With a wife and kids, I doubt he'd get away with going through bottles of whiskey everyday!  I believe he has a pacemaker also these days.  And Duff can never drink again.  What really bugs me is that it upsets people that Slash is not the same as in 87.  Thing is, if he was, he'd probably be dead.  Is that what people want?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 11:52:20 AM »

I think it just makes people realize we're all getting older, and nobody likes that.

And unfortunately this is what the music industry has turned into.  If you want to stay relevant you have to appear on crap like this, at least that's the way it seems.  It's hard not to sell out these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

I doubt Slash would let himself sink to this level (besides, Slash is known for Guitar - AI is a vocal 'showcase')...maybe he was surprised by the offer and shared it on twitter...maybe not...I guess we will see (or in my case, wait to hear from someone that can actually stand to watch AI).

Opinion:  I get the impression, based on repeated google searches for GnR news over the course of the last 6+ mo. that there may be a deliberate effort by Slash to steal the thunder of every GnR news release, or keep his own name somehow attached.  It just seems, in my view, that each and every time GnR puts something out (press-wise), Slash has his own 'headline' shortly thereafter...perhaps this is also just a byproduct of the scumbag media running to Slash for comment every time GnR makes noise...or sheer coincidence, and I am just buying into the Axl/Slash battle paranoia?  Why do I even waste my time thinking about this stuff...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

SlashHudsonI'm going to attempt to make "Rock Week" on American Idol exactly that. # fb
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 05:35:14 PM »

Here is my opinion on the matter

As a fan, I always hate when my fave artists do shit like this

Realistically though, I am being selfish. in this day and age of music, u gotta do what u gotta do to keep your name out there. Appearing on a show that showcases a different demographic than u are known to and the fact it is seen by 20 plus million people................... Even though it is cheesy and it sucks etc, it is still a pretty damn good career move once u really look at it from that perspective.

Bon Jovi were on there and their country disc almost went double platinum in the states.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »

Bon Jovi were on there and their country disc almost went double platinum in the states.

wasn't it a good record?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »

wasn't it a good record?

I enjoyed it but still, to sell 2 million these days, it takes massive marketing.

AI is about as good as it gets from a free marketing standpoint.

we are talking over 20 million in the US alone watch that karaoke bullshit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

more likely cause he's friends w/ Simon Cowell and if a friend asks him to something, he usually does...........but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some sort of collaboration between slash and Adam lambert; either slash playing on his record or Adam singing on his.............. but really, who gives a flying if slash appears as a mentor on AI

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:16:59 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »

more likely cause he's friends w/ Simon Cowell and if a friend asks him to something, he usually does...........but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some sort of collaboration between slash and Adam lambert; either slash playing on his record or Adam singing on his.............. but really, who gives a flying if slash appears as a mentor on AI

Lots of people care if their "idols" appear on such a crappy show.  Artie Lange said on the Howard Stern Show if Bruce Springsteen ever appeared on American Idol he'd have his balls shocked, literally.

I mean, you can paint it as pretty as you want, but if I had my choice no one I've ever cared about in the world of music would set foot near American Idol and the show itself would be off the air.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 11:02:47 PM »

Lots of people care if their "idols" appear on such a crappy show.  Artie Lange said on the Howard Stern Show if Bruce Springsteen ever appeared on American Idol he'd have his balls shocked, literally.

I mean, you can paint it as pretty as you want, but if I had my choice no one I've ever cared about in the world of music would set foot near American Idol and the show itself would be off the air.

Faldor, so you want to control your idol and you don't want them to live their life and do what makes them happy.  That sux...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

My "idols" are free to do whatever they want.  That doesn't mean that I have to support their every move.  It's their life, it's my life, etc., etc.  I'm not gonna all of a sudden think Slash is less of a guitar player because he's going on American Idol.  Then again, I'm also not gonna have a big party and invite all my friends over to watch it.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

My "idols" are free to do whatever they want.  That doesn't mean that I have to support their every move.  It's their life, it's my life, etc., etc.  I'm not gonna all of a sudden think Slash is less of a guitar player because he's going on American Idol.  Then again, I'm also not gonna have a big party and invite all my friends over to watch it.

This is the VR section of a GNR site, get on board or FUCK OFF....

hahahaha, i am messing man, I like using some famous quotes by others sometimes... Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »

This is the VR section of a GNR site, get on board or FUCK OFF....

hahahaha, i am messing man, I like using some famous quotes by others sometimes... Wink
For the record, I am a fan of VR as well as GNR, as crazy as that seems. 

Again, Slash is free to do whatever he wants and I could really care less that he performs with anyone and everyone.  But I can't say that I'm excited that he might appear on American Idol.  I HATE everything that show stands for and I can't support him lending his services to that show.  As much as it would pain me, I'd have a hard time feeling different if it were Axl in this situation.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 12:27:02 AM »

How hilarious would it be if this was the GNR night that was rumored several weeks ago and Slash is the mentor?

I hate AI and everything it stands for, yet almost every season I get sucked into watching it. This season I've been watching because of Adam Lambert, the guy getting all the Axl Rose comparisons because of his amazing vocal range. I think he's the most talented contestant they've ever had, and the only one I might actually buy an album from.

But anyways, it doesn't surprise me that Slash would do a show like AI. He's been doing stuff like this for the past several years anyway. Somewhere, Axl is smirking.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: