Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:28:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH - Solo Tour Dates
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH - Solo Tour Dates  (Read 91156 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »

Slash's Tour has the potential to draw as much as a the current GNR tour.... Especially if some of these songs get a lot of air play.

Slash will be lucky to draw 2500 a night in most cities, back away from the crack pipe.

I don't know if this is the case in the US, but in Europe he could easily fill a 2500 seat place.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

I don't think the last Alter Bridge album did really well-the Creed tour I guess didn't do that well according to Rolling Stone-Alter Bridge is just trying to keep people interested who might think he is leaving-I would imagine in the US at least a Slash solo tour might draw close to or better than an Alter Bridge tour

Slash's Tour has the potential to draw as much as a the current GNR tour.... Especially if some of these songs get a lot of air play.

Whatever your smoking or snorting you need to stop now, its melting your brain. Slash is not even going to draw close tot he numbers Guns is doing now, hell VR and AIC were not even drawing those kind of numbers on the last tour.

Hook, Line, sinker.....HA!!!!!  I love fishing sometimes, I caught a big one here!!  I hope he does small theatre shows...  Depending who is in his band, he may get some good crowds....
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »

i like myles, i really want a AB3, but seeing him with slash would be cool

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »

I don't think Slash would do anywhere near GN'R size venues, but no doubt this tour will get a hell of a lot of promo for it, so I could definitely see some smaller venues selling out, especially if the album has a few hits and his touring band is a solid bunch of musicians.

Any guesses as to who the rest of the bad will be?
It'd be cool to to see Gilby on rhythm guitar with him again.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 01:04:10 AM »

In the US, I suspect he'll do places like the Fillmore in Frisco, Nokia in LA, Area 5 in NYC, The Joint in Vegas, House of Blues' etc..

Keep it intimate and get a buzz, make it a hot ticket.

There'nothing worse than a overblown production playing to a half empty venue..

Just an opinion..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »

I think the singer will prob play rhythm with Chris Chaney (Alanis Morrisette, Janes Addiction. Panic Channel, Camp Freddy) on bass.

He won't have any problem getting someone behind the kit, wouldn't surprise me if Travis Barker gets the gig...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 01:33:48 AM »

I'm really excited that in Australia we'll finally get to hear some Snakepit songs live too, as Slash has suggested he'll be covering that, VR and GN'R as well as his newest solo stuff.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »

In the US, I suspect he'll do places like the Fillmore in Frisco, Nokia in LA, Area 5 in NYC, The Joint in Vegas, House of Blues' etc..

Keep it intimate and get a buzz, make it a hot ticket.

There'nothing worse than a overblown production playing to a half empty venue..

Just an opinion..

I second this, small venues that he knows will sell well -- maybe not a sell out, but enough to make it worth it.

I'm planning on seeing him when he comes around, saw VR back in 2005 and I loved every minute of seeing Slash.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 06:27:56 AM »

I'm a HUGE slash fan but there is just no way in hell he can pack an arena like Axl and Co are doing right now. It's gonna be  House of Blues smaller venue type thing which is still f'n cool but lets be realistic.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »

i think he'll do 2,000 capacity places

i prefer smaller venues anyway  ok

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »

I think the singer will prob play rhythm with Chris Chaney (Alanis Morrisette, Janes Addiction. Panic Channel, Camp Freddy) on bass.

He won't have any problem getting someone behind the kit, wouldn't surprise me if Travis Barker gets the gig...
dunno, i think blink 182 will tour europe at least late summer
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »

Does anyone know what Josh Freese is going to be up to this year? He played drums for the album, so I would think maybe he might be the guy behind the drum kit if he wasn't busy. We know he took Jason Bonham to Quart festival last year, so maybe he could be another option depending on what he is doing.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:22 PM »

I was just throwing Barker's name out there, an uneducated guess at best.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »

I was just throwing Barker's name out there, an uneducated guess at best.

Kennedy is a very good guitar player, but I still hope they have another guitar player to cover all the parts and so that on some songs Myles can just rock the fuck out!  Eric Dover is a good guitar player as well, but even then Gilby stilled played rythym in Snkaepit 1.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 01:22:40 AM »

Just heard Slash is preparing to play some old GNR songs on tour....got to fill the setlist up ya know?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »

He is playing them because Myles has an awesome vocal range that not many others have.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

Smaller venues would be fine with me. The quality of the experience is always best when the venue is up close and personal.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
makane
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »

I hope to hear something from the UYI's. It's nice to see the man is constantly moving on and not living in the past, but still keeping people happy by playing his old songs. Go Slash  ok

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »

From Zakk Wylde:

Hey Phil I Spoke w/SLASH N FATHER CANTRELL ABOUT US 3 Amigo Idiots goin out ALICE/BLACK LABEL /SLASH We'd have a fuckin Blast!!!

8:11 PM Feb 15th from Twittelator

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »

It feel like Alter Bridge may be a little worried....  Are they scared they may lose their singer to Slash?

Its almost as if they keep commenting on his tour with Slash to convince themselves he "is" coming back.....

I didn't think so until I read this...now I'm not so sure.  You may be right. hihi  From another update:

February 16, 2010

And finally, Slash had some great things to say about Myles in an LA Times interview and Slash also revealed that he and Myles will be playing many old Guns 'N Roses tunes on the upcoming tour this summer. Please note that while the author states that Myles "fronted" Alter Bridge in the past tense, incorrectly, we all know that Myles will be back with us in October to begin our own World Tour.

Keep rocking,

Alter Bridge

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: