Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Banning of da_pope
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Banning of da_pope  (Read 4109 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« on: June 13, 2006, 02:43:02 AM »

Thank you. The boards are noticeably better without him.

Good work  ok
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:50:58 AM »

I agree that banning him is a good decision. ?Wink

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:22:59 AM »

why exactly was he banned?
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 03:26:16 AM »

go to his "last posts" and you'll see why.

he was negative, dissed posters, and gnr..

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:49:16 AM »

why exactly was he banned?

I dont think it was so much his opinion of the band, though Im sure hell claim that. He was really antagonistic about how he didnt like the band plus he would single people out and attack their opinions. And thats about all he did on the board. Basically he was a shitstain.

Oh yeah, then he stupidly posted a picutre of himself because people were joking that he was Mick Wall. He was revealed to be a really skinny 14 year old (or something) and he got laughed at by the whole board. Probably best for his pride hes gone.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 04:06:24 AM »

I just looked over his posts...and I personally don't feel he deserved to be banned.....but then its not my site so I accept that it's not my call.

I mean...i don't agree with a lot of the stuff he used to say, but all he did at the end was post some comments that it might be weird for izzy playing songs with the new band, when the songs were written in partnership with the old band...and thats not an unreasonable point. I mean it may not be true - maybe izzy doesn't care at all - maybe he loves the new guys - its not like'd we'd know. But it seems harsh to ban him for saying that and his "this aint GNR" thing - when a lot of people seem to feel that way. (i'm not saying i'm one of them).

yes he did turn out to be a punk 16 year old, and yeah most of his posts annoy me - but I didn't see him break a lot of rules there at the end...its not like he went on full attack mode and spewed filth at people....and in the end the idea of a board is to discuss opinions isn't it? So i like to here it, even when someone thinks different to me.

Anyway...just my 2c on the matter.....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:07:30 AM by monkeychow » Logged
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 04:48:46 AM »

But it seems harsh to ban him for saying that

I'm sure he wasn't banned only because of that single thread. The shit had been piling up for a long time before that...

edit: heh, I should steal your avatar Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 04:49:35 AM »

I just looked over his posts...and I personally don't feel he deserved to be banned.....but then its not my site so I accept that it's not my call.

I mean...i don't agree with a lot of the stuff he used to say, but all he did at the end was post some comments that it might be weird for izzy playing songs with the new band, when the songs were written in partnership with the old band...and thats not an unreasonable point. I mean it may not be true - maybe izzy doesn't care at all - maybe he loves the new guys - its not like'd we'd know. But it seems harsh to ban him for saying that and his "this aint GNR" thing - when a lot of people seem to feel that way. (i'm not saying i'm one of them).

yes he did turn out to be a punk 16 year old, and yeah most of his posts annoy me - but I didn't see him break a lot of rules there at the end...its like he went on full attack mode and spewed filth at people....and in the end the idea of a board is to discuss opinions isn't it? So i like to here it, even when someone thinks different to me.

Anyway...just my 2c on the matter.....
I don't care if thats the opinion a poster has, but people like da-pope would post that opinion in every single thread no matter wat the topic is.    It really ruins the quality of threads around here when they all turn in to 'its not gnr wihtout slash' threads  Angry

Besides, as much as he clearly doesn't like the band, I dont understand why he'd spend hours on end posting on a board about a band he no longer likes  Huh

good riddence i say.
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 07:01:40 AM »

Worst poster ever!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 09:21:55 AM »

Oh yeah, then he stupidly posted a picutre of himself because people were joking that he was Mick Wall. He was revealed to be a really skinny 14 year old (or something) and he got laughed at by the whole board. Probably best for his pride hes gone.

He said, in one of his previous posts, he was 17. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »

He had nothing to add but negativity..........
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »

Yeah, the main thing was.....he goes into this whole spiel about how he grew up with the real GNR and such and these new guys don't measure up.  Now an opinion is one thing and I respect everyone who feels their way about which version of the band they like.........but after it was proven that he wasn't even alive during the original GNR lineup, then his credibility went kaput.  And like it was said before every single post he turned into the same thing, he was an instigator.  I never had anything against him other than that.  I feel sorry for the little guy...too bad there wasn't a way to just ban him from the first section of the board.....How about this!!!! Permanent residence in the Dead Horse section.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 03:37:19 PM »

Man am I glad that guy's gone!! WTF was his problem!!? He needs to grow up and realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and yes... if you loved the old band, you're allowed to love the new band, and if you love the new band you're allowed to also love the old band too!!

... and he picked on me a few times too for no other reason other than that I am an Axl fan.

What a wankstain!!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 12:25:40 AM »

go to his "last posts" and you'll see why.

he was negative, dissed posters, and gnr..

How does a person check another member's past posts? Banned or not.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 12:27:41 AM »

How does a person check another member's past posts? Banned or not.

Click on their profile and you will see the option listed...........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: