Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  what band do you think licks ass but everyone else loves?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what band do you think licks ass but everyone else loves?  (Read 17777 times)
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2005, 12:09:46 PM »

good charlotte!!! i hate them with a passion!

i kinda have to agree with the metallica(my best friend is going to kill me) i liked a couple of their songs but i dont think they are really all that great!i think theyr gud dont get me wrong but jus not that good.

What's interesting about Metallica is that they'd be ridiculously respected (albeit not as famous) if they had, e.g., all died on that bus with Cliff in 1986. The question is, does a band's present actions nullify their glorious past? I think calling Metallica mediocre is a bit over the top, no matter how much their latest album(s) sucks balls.

its like nirvana aint it,if kurt hadnt died ther wudnt be so much hype about them.

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2005, 05:36:33 PM »

I used to be one of those people ,"Metallica are sell-outs, to hell with them," when I was younger but I think what it is they just lost interest in the metal scene, I lose interest in things too, it's just part of life. Undecided
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2005, 08:16:38 PM »

Nirvana, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, and emo. (Emo must die)

-jack

Apart from the Iron maiden comment, i totally agree..........especially the emo scum!

html sucks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2005, 08:47:28 PM »

Radiohead

Wallflowers (are they still around?)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2005, 11:44:16 AM »

simple plan... the worst band. ever. period. musically it sucks majorly... lyrically its worst... stuff like "i crashed my dad's car, god must hate me..."     "i'm just a kid and life's just not fair..."   wtf...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2005, 02:12:21 PM »

simple plan... the worst band. ever. period. musically it sucks majorly... lyrically its worst... stuff like "i crashed my dad's car, god must hate me..."     "i'm just a kid and life's just not fair..."   wtf...

ROFL DIE EMO SCUM!!!!!!!! KILL EM ALL!!!!

html sucks
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2005, 12:29:24 AM »

Greenday, for one.  I don't get it - why they are so huge and have won all these awards?  Nickelback & Linkin Park.

And, (I know I'm going to be slaughtered for this one) Ozzy. I don't even like some of the old Black Sabbath stuff.  His voice sort of irritates me, has kind of a whine to it.  Then he sold out by doing a reality show, which sort of destroyed his image of big bad ass rock n' roller.  Now, I think he just looks like a little old man, kind of a pathetic one, at that.   
Mandy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2005, 01:41:37 AM »

Definately Nirvana and Coldplay - their music makes me wanna puke!!? ? Grin

Guns N' Roses Forum
Join the forum and you could win the Adlers Appetite EP.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2005, 02:27:55 AM »

My Chemical Romance, I hate emo music period and I hate their self loathing in specific.

The Frontman is pretty decent though, but he would need to be in a punk,metal, and cock-rockish band to really shine.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2005, 02:29:24 PM »

I agree - i like a couple of their songs, but their albums have so many sub-par tracks and the childish lyrics - all seems rather silly when its supposed to be metal....

Really? from someone that likes Deff Leppard it's kinda weird that you hate Maiden

Goblins.....*shakes head*

I think maiden is more than goblins, songs like Still life in Piece of Mind album, The evil that men do in 7th son album, Afraid to shot a stranger in Fear of the dark album, are a great proof that they write almost about everything.

Dance of death (the album) is without doubt the most boring guitar rock album ever released - 3 guitarists and thats all they could manage?!?

Yes that album doesn't make fair appreciattion of the good music they can make, but Brave New World is not boring at all, I recomend you to listen Dream of mirrors, The thin line between love and hate, Fallen angel; are great songs on that album. And that album also have 3 guitar players

Not even they claim that....maybe u've forgotten about the rubbish that fills Number of the Beast?

Rubbish?  are we talking about the same record?, 22 acacia av, children of the damn, run to the hills, halloweed be thy name, number of the beast and yes is a 8 track records, so I think for someone who doesn't aprreciate much Maiden it's quite a great album. And I leaving behind Inviders (great intro for an album), The prisoner (another excellent song), Gangland (great drumming, even though Maiden didn't like it either, so I give you a point for that).

No man can be my equal
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2005, 09:21:48 AM »

first of all, can anybody explain to non native english speaking people like me what "emo" is?

well, a list of bands I don' t like:

50 cent and hiphop in general
greenday
U2
good charlotte, simple plan etc...
metallica... I think they' re kinda boring...
franz ferdinand and stuff like that

i could go on with that list, but that' d be too much  Wink
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2005, 03:03:14 PM »

Gotta go with Nirvana.  Why do they get all the credit when Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, and STP were superior bands?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2005, 12:28:08 PM »

first of all, can anybody explain to non native english speaking people like me what "emo" is?

Emo is my chemical romance, and all those other moany assholes.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2005, 01:37:13 PM »

Emo = Emothional Hardcore. Swaying away from traditional hardcore, lyrically emotional and musically more experimental.

Check out Dag Nasty, Embrace (not the indie band), Rites Of Spring and Verbal Assualt.

The media have labelled alot of todays bands EMO, and in some ways they are quite the opposite. All though, are shite.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2005, 01:48:45 PM »

Air Supply is my favorite EMO band.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2005, 12:20:06 AM »

Oh God...I had so forgotten about Air Supply, and would like to keep it forgotten!  Another bad band.   Speaking of 70's, a lot of people liked REO Speedwagon, but not me. 
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2005, 03:47:08 AM »

Oh God...I had so forgotten about Air Supply, and would like to keep it forgotten!?   

Lynn, you know you're a closet Air Supply fan. Stop fronting! hihi
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2005, 08:26:59 AM »

Thanks for explaining  ok
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2005, 09:31:32 AM »

the killers, radiohead, crap sing, slow,boring depressing songs, U2 (i like some of their songs but i dont know why they are so big)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2005, 10:16:16 AM »

Oh God...I had so forgotten about Air Supply, and would like to keep it forgotten! 

Lynn, you know you're a closet Air Supply fan. Stop fronting! hihi

Oh no!  My secret is out! And I thought I could hide it forever....  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: