Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Christiano Ronaldo going to Madrid
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christiano Ronaldo going to Madrid  (Read 19744 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: June 11, 2009, 05:47:03 AM »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5374142,00.html

So, cristiano is finally going to Madrid.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »

Shocked

That's 93 million euros. A new record.

So Kak? first and now Ronaldo, wonder how much more money Real Madrid is going to spend. So far between these two they have invested more than 160 million euros!

...And they still want Villa, Silva, Ribery...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »

That's 93 million euros. A new record.

So Kak? first and now Ronaldo, wonder how much more money Real Madrid is going to spend. So far between these two they have invested more than 160 million euros!

...And they still want Villa, Silva, Ribery...

I know, its scary!!!  as a liverpool fan, im worried.  Stay away from Gerrard and Torres!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »

Barca could need some defense eh
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »

As a Utd Fan i'm sad to see him go.

However, He is not worth that amount of money.

Real Madrid have got IMO the best player in the world and a player that can score goals for fun. However he is a player who is an individual playing in a team and that will be no different at Madrid.

What i dont understand is why dont Real Madrid sign some defenders.... coz they can't defend and that why they are miles behind Barca and the English clubs.

Ronaldo leaving to go to Spain is disapointing for the neutral and to be honest i think Ronaldo will look back at his time at Utd as the best of his career. 3 leagues, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups, World Club Cup, 1 Champions League and Worlds best player. He won't get that at Real.

As a Utd fan i'm just interested to see what Ferguson does with the Money.... and just watch Wayne Rooney.

"The King Is Dead, Long Live The King" ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »

let's say ferguson buys ribery for half the money.. then united has gotten a player that's pretty much as good as ronaldo for half the price..

united are the winners in this deal
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »

let's say ferguson buys ribery for half the money.. then united has gotten a player that's pretty much as good as ronaldo for half the price..

The only reason Franck isn't a Real Madrid player, is they originally were asking for money than Madrid were trying to buy Ronaldo for. Franck has also said he doesn't want to go anywhere where the weather is as bad as Munich, which if he's serious, rules out Manchester. 
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »

The only reason Franck isn't a Real Madrid player, is they originally were asking for money than Madrid were trying to buy Ronaldo for. Franck has also said he doesn't want to go anywhere where the weather is as bad as Munich, which if he's serious, rules out Manchester. 
weather before money, that's what all the football players are saying Wink still think United won on this, i'd be glad to welcome ribery to barca Grin
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »

I've heard Real Madrid offered Velez Sarsfield something like 35 million dollars for argentine defender Nicolas Otamendi. He played his first official match with the argentine team yesterday, and he only has got 16 matches in first division.

I wonder what is ManU going to do with the money coming from Ronaldo's and Tevez's sells.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 03:06:20 AM »

Ribery is an awesome player, but I don't think he's just as good as Ronaldo. To me Ronaldo, Kak? and Messi (especiall Messi)  are the top three players right now. The closests ones to that group would probably be Iniesta, Xavi and Gerrard...followed by Torres, Drogba, Rooney, Lampard, Ribery...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 06:44:15 AM »

I wonder what is ManU going to do with the money coming from Ronaldo's and Tevez's sells.

United have never paid for Tevez.  The reason he may be leaving is because they dont want to pay for him.  He is still owned by his agent.
The thing being said now is that maybe they will use the ronaldo money to officially buy Tevez.

The rest of the money is anyone's guess at this stage.  Lets not kid around though, United are losing their best player and this might mean Liverpool can finally win a title!!!!  hihi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5375681,00.html

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »

Ribery is an awesome player, but I don't think he's just as good as Ronaldo. To me Ronaldo, Kak? and Messi (especiall Messi)  are the top three players right now. The closests ones to that group would probably be Iniesta, Xavi and Gerrard...followed by Torres, Drogba, Rooney, Lampard, Ribery...

To me i think Gerrard is the best all round player in the world. I think Ronaldo is better than Kaka and Messi IMO and i'm sad to lose him but we have sold special players before and came back even stronger.

Ronaldo was made the player he was by Utd and he's now going to a weaker league from top to bottom so he should do well. Whether he'll win as much as he did with Utd is to be seen and i think he'll look back at the 6 years at Utd as his most sucsessful period of his career.

There is only one way in your career when you leave Utd and that down. ok

[/color]

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:23 PM »

Ronaldo was made the player he was by Utd and he's now going to a weaker league from top to bottom so he should do well. Whether he'll win as much as he did with Utd is to be seen and i think he'll look back at the 6 years at Utd as his most sucsessful period of his career.

Yeah, the premiere is the strongest league hands down. This was not the case 7 years ago when LA Liga was on its prime, same as the Calcio during the lagte 80's and 90's. Now it's the english league but things could change again sooner or later.

Trust me, I'm a Bar?a fan and I'd love to agree with you, but  I wouldn't say Real Madrid is one step down from Man U. Real Madrid is the best football club in the history so eventhough it's been made fun of over the past 3-5 years, it's still Real Madrid.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 05:34:28 PM »

Trust me, I'm a Bar?a fan and I'd love to agree with you, but  I wouldn't say Real Madrid is one step down from Man U. Real Madrid is the best football club in the history so eventhough it's been made fun of over the past 3-5 years, it's still Real Madrid.

You ask David Beckham, Paul Ince, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Jaap Stam what happens when you leave Manchester Utd. Nothing is ever the same.

Its not about titles. Manchester Utd is just the best club to be involved in for 99% of players. The relationship between the players and Ferguson is unique in world football and has been for some years. Ruud, Stam and Beckham have all said that the years at Utd were the most special years of their lives and all didn't want to leave. Even Pique of Barca said that he'll never play for a bigger club when he left and he's been brilliant for Barca this year.

Real Madrid has a fantastic history and the Di Stefano/Puskas era was probally one of the greatest club eras ever but they have had 26 mangers for the same time Ferguson has been at Utd. Thats not good for the club and i believe thats their biggest mistake. But the way Liverpool took Madrid apart last year shows how bad they are and its not their attack thats the problem is their defence.

Barcelona will still win the title next year and Pellegrini will be out by this time next year.

Is anyone else wondering where Real Madrid have got all this Money from?

[/color]

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

You ask David Beckham, Paul Ince, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Jaap Stam what happens when you leave Manchester Utd. Nothing is ever the same.

Its not about titles. Manchester Utd is just the best club to be involved in for 99% of players. The relationship between the players and Ferguson is unique in world football and has been for some years. Ruud, Stam and Beckham have all said that the years at Utd were the most special years of their lives and all didn't want to leave. Even Pique of Barca said that he'll never play for a bigger club when he left and he's been brilliant for Barca this year.

Real Madrid has a fantastic history and the Di Stefano/Puskas era was probally one of the greatest club eras ever but they have had 26 mangers for the same time Ferguson has been at Utd. Thats not good for the club and i believe thats their biggest mistake. But the way Liverpool took Madrid apart last year shows how bad they are and its not their attack thats the problem is their defence.

Barcelona will still win the title next year and Pellegrini will be out by this time next year.

Is anyone else wondering where Real Madrid have got all this Money from?

In 2006 they signed a TV deal worth 1.1 billion Euros over 6 years, which equates to over 70 million more than Man Utd make from their matches each season.

Plus they are the most supported club in Europe and most supported European club in South America. Meaning they make over a hundred million each year on Replica shirt sales.

Then they make over hundred million on advertising/sponsorship. They made a ?270 million profit last year.

Their President also happens to be a Billionaire. 

ect...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:23 PM »

it's not the club that buys ronaldo, okay yes it is.. but the money is straight from perez pocket, not the clubs
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

Well...that's maybe what they said when they were playing in Man U, but when Beckham and Van Nilstelroy got transfered to madrid they said it was a dream come true for both players

Take Cristiano Ronaldo for example...he's always wanted to go to Madrid, even last year he said he wanted to get transfered but Calderon just didnt make it happen. This year though, things are different with Florentino. Cristiano could've chosen to stay in Man u, but he wants to play in Madrid.

Really, I'm not trying to proof anything GNrfan, but with piqu? I doubt he said that. Especially since he was born and raise in la Masia (Bar?a). He may have learnt to be a pro in Man U, but him being from barcelona, catalan and having played in bar?a 10 years, I don't think he really meant that. Bar?a is his dream team and will always be.

That really doesn't mean anything. Yeah, Ferguson has been the coach many years, but Real Madrid has won more titles than Man U throughout those years. Real Madrid also has won 9 european cup titles, whereas Man U has only three. Real madrid is the most prestigious team there is...it just can't be compared with Man U. If you'd said Milan AC instead, you could have a point, but not Man U. In football, just like any other sport is a matter of how many titles you win, and Man U is far, far away from Madrid and Milan.

I say Man U could be the strongest team this decade, but it just can't be on the same level as REal Madrid.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:38 AM »

Well...that's maybe what they said when they were playing in Man U, but when Beckham and Van Nilstelroy got transfered to madrid they said it was a dream come true for both players

Take Cristiano Ronaldo for example...he's always wanted to go to Madrid, even last year he said he wanted to get transfered but Calderon just didnt make it happen. This year though, things are different with Florentino. Cristiano could've chosen to stay in Man u, but he wants to play in Madrid.

Beckham has said this week that Ronaldo is a fool to move because Utd are the biggest club in the world. Van Nistelrooy has said that he isn't interested in Man City because his footballing heart is still with Man Utd.

We decided to sell Ronaldo. Make no mistake.... Ferguson could of said no. Ronaldo is young and being from Portugal sees Madrid as a bigger club.... but lets just see what he achieves there. With us he has won 9 trophies in 5 years that he was a regular including two Champions league Finals and 21 individual awards including the best player in the world. I'm just saying that at the end of his career i believe he'll look back and say those 5 years were incredible and the best footballing years of his life.

Really, I'm not trying to proof anything GNrfan, but with piqu? I doubt he said that. Especially since he was born and raise in la Masia (Bar?a). He may have learnt to be a pro in Man U, but him being from barcelona, catalan and having played in bar?a 10 years, I don't think he really meant that. Bar?a is his dream team and will always be.

I dont think he was being disrespectful to Barca and said they were just as big. But his exact words were something like "I'm sad to be leaving manchester, i want to thank them for my time here. I'm looking forward to returning home and to play for Barca. They are a massive club just like Manchester i know there is no bigger club in the world than Manchester and Barca"

That really doesn't mean anything. Yeah, Ferguson has been the coach many years, but Real Madrid has won more titles than Man U throughout those years. Real Madrid also has won 9 european cup titles, whereas Man U has only three. Real madrid is the most prestigious team there is...it just can't be compared with Man U. If you'd said Milan AC instead, you could have a point, but not Man U. In football, just like any other sport is a matter of how many titles you win, and Man U is far, far away from Madrid and Milan.

I say Man U could be the strongest team this decade, but it just can't be on the same level as REal Madrid.

Oh we are definatly the strongest team of the last 15 years. We play in the toughest league in the world where there are more than just two teams and have won 11 titles in 16 years (Pretty Much Double Real Madrid). We are definatly in Real Madrid's league and have been since 1993.

I disagree that its all about trophies. Yeah we have only won 3 champions leagues but Who knows how many titles we would have had if the Munich Air disatser hadn't have happened.... probally the greatest Utd team ever died in that accident. And you have to remember that the English teams were banned from Europe for a while and that took time to recover from. Its like the Nadal - Federer argument. Federer has won more titles but Nadal is the best... thats like Real Madrid and Manchester United. I'm not saying that Real Madrid are not a huge club coz they are and they have always been my favourite Spanish team. I'm just saying Teams like AC Milan, Barcelona, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester United & Bayern Munich are all on a level playing field in history and when you only win 4 Domestic titles in 20 years like Real Madrid then you have to say thats not good enough in this climate of Football. Since English Football went into the Premier League and we finally got enough Money to challenge leagues like Italy and Spain we have been the best league to watch and i think its undisputed that our league has been the strongest for at least the last 6 years.

[/color]

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 07:16:32 AM »

Beckham has said this week that Ronaldo is a fool to move because Utd are the biggest club in the world. Van Nistelrooy has said that he isn't interested in Man City because his footballing heart is still with Man Utd.

Did Beckham really say that?  I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just tht I find it hard to believe coming from Becks. He was one of the BEST and most repected professionals that Real Madrid's ever had and after 4 years with REAL, the Santiago Bernabeu crowd loved him cause he was much more than a marketing gadget. I never ever heard Beckham saying something disrespectful towards any team or anybody, so for me it's even harder to believe since all he's said about Real Madrid were and have been kind words.

Saying something like Ronaldo is a fool to move from Man U will imply he's a fool to move to Real Madrid...and I just don't think Beckham could say something like that.

We decided to sell Ronaldo. Make no mistake.... Ferguson could of said no. Ronaldo is young and being from Portugal sees Madrid as a bigger club.... but lets just see what he achieves there. With us he has won 9 trophies in 5 years that he was a regular including two Champions league Finals and 21 individual awards including the best player in the world. I'm just saying that at the end of his career i believe he'll look back and say those 5 years were incredible and the best footballing years of his life.

Well...Ronaldo was sold cause Man U set a price for him. All players are for sale, even Messi in Bar?a and Gerrard in Liverpool. It just takes a big chunk of money and the player's agreement to be transfered. If let's say Chealsea wanted to pay 150 million Euros for Messi (and Messi also wanted to go), I don't think Bar?a would say no. So, Ronaldo was sold REAL MADRID agreed to pay the price and because all parts involved wanted the transfer; MAN U, Madrid and Ronaldo.

In addition, I believe Man U has huge debts following Malcolm Glazer's takeover in 2005 so things may not look so pretty in Man U.

I dont think he was being disrespectful to Barca and said they were just as big. But his exact words were something like "I'm sad to be leaving manchester, i want to thank them for my time here. I'm looking forward to returning home and to play for Barca. They are a massive club just like Manchester i know there is no bigger club in the world than Manchester and Barca"

Ok, That would make more sense as long as the word Bar?a is also up there  yes

Oh we are definatly the strongest team of the last 15 years. We play in the toughest league in the world where there are more than just two teams and have won 11 titles in 16 years (Pretty Much Double Real Madrid). We are definatly in Real Madrid's league and have been since 1993.

True to that, but the english league is the toughest league in the world NOW, not for the last 15 years.

I disagree that its all about trophies. Yeah we have only won 3 champions leagues but Who knows how many titles we would have had if the Munich Air disatser hadn't have happened.... probally the greatest Utd team ever died in that accident. And you have to remember that the English teams were banned from Europe for a while and that took time to recover from.

Yeah, who knows what could've happened...I know it was a tragedy to football losing all those lives in that disaster but then again, we don't know how many titles they could've won (if any).

Its like the Nadal - Federer argument. Federer has won more titles but Nadal is the best... thats like Real Madrid and Manchester United. I'm not saying that Real Madrid are not a huge club coz they are and they have always been my favourite Spanish team. I'm just saying Teams like AC Milan, Barcelona, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester United & Bayern Munich are all on a level playing field in history and when you only win 4 Domestic titles in 20 years like Real Madrid then you have to say thats not good enough in this climate of Football. Since English Football went into the Premier League and we finally got enough Money to challenge leagues like Italy and Spain we have been the best league to watch and i think its undisputed that our league has been the strongest for at least the last 6 years

Yes, good point, but it's difficult comparing NADAL - FEDERER and Madrid and Manchaster. You know, Nadal and federer could play each other every week if both gotten to the finals so the comparission is not spot on.  To me, we could use a better analogy. I know you watch NBA some so maybe Real Madrid is like the Boston Celtics and Manchester united could be like the Chicgo Bulls in the 90's...The Celts have won 17 rings while the Bulls won 6. They were the biggest team in the 90's and they are now one of the best and most prestigious teams in the NBA, but nobody comes close to the Celtics (well, the lakers will if they win this title).

Really Gnrfan, I like MAN U. They have dominated football in Europe and England for the past 10-15 years. Kudos to them really. But I believe it's just too early to put Man U and Real Madrid on the same level. Real Madrid is the world best club of the 20th century, they have more domestic titles, european cups, international awards...than any other team in the history of football, so it's also safe to assume that Real Madrid is the most prestigious club in the world.

It's true that as of recently (past 5 years) Real Madrid has not been as successful as other teams. This is simply because bad management, corrupt presidents, mediocre aquisitions...and that I'm sure has hurt Real Madrid's reputation around the world, but it's still the #1 team.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 07:28:15 AM »

In addition, I believe Man U has huge debts following Malcolm Glazer's takeover in 2005 so things may not look so pretty in Man U.

Supposedly ("  "), word is, that none of the money from the Ronaldo transfer will go on servicing debt.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: