Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10  (Read 21689 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »

Down goes Kansas mwahahahaha! 

UK can definitely win this thing now.

Is it me or did Georgetown and Kansas and Villanova screw everyone's brackets up also?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 11:43:38 PM »

Is it me or did Georgetown and Kansas and Villanova screw everyone's brackets up also?

Villanova not so much, but definitely Georgetown and Kansas. In nearly every bracket I filled out I had Kansas winning it all, and I figured Georgetown would get to the elite 8. My brackets were busted even earlier than usual this year. And I've noticed that in the ones where I actually tried and put thought into my picks, I've done terrible. But then in the couple that I just threw caution to the wind and picked randomly, I've actually somewhat decent. This has been a crazy tournament.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »

I filled out 4 brackets, 3 of them I had Kansas winning it all.  The other I've got Kentucky, and that one I actually adjusted at the last moment.  I had the same final 4 for all brackets to that point, but after I slept on it, I thought that was a stupid idea since last year I was doing awesome with my picks.  I had 7 of the 8 elite 8 teams, which I've never done before.  But that was the end of that.  I got ZERO games right from there on out. 

So anyway, that one last minute bracket is by far my best one right now and all my final 4's are still alive.  I didn't pick Nova or G'town past the sweet 16 in my brackets.  Nova has been on the decline for some time now, and while Georgetown showed some life in the Big East tourney, they've been highly inconsistent and overrated all season long.  Kansas though, didn't see that one coming.  Unfortunately I think they kind of got screwed having to face a highly under seeded Northern Iowa team in the second round.  I think they would've wiped the floor with Cal, Wake, etc.  Northern Iowa is such a tough team to prepare for and play because they play such good defense and almost force you to play at their slowed down pace.  They only have 4 losses on the season, they probably should've been a 5 or 6 seed instead of a 9.  And it sure didn't hurt them, that they were shooting the lights out this weekend.  Not sure if they can keep THAT up next week.  One thing is for sure, the other number 1 seeds certainly took notice of Kansas losing and made sure they got out to quick starts to avoid an upset.  Kentucky, Duke, and Syracuse looked every bit deserving of the #1 seeds they received.

Great first weekend overall.  Lots of close games and buzzer beaters.  Plenty of upsets.  All of which make March Madness so great.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »

My only bracket has my Finals hopes still alive (Syracuse-West Virginia)...but those 2 are my only saving graces.  The rest of my bracket is fucked 6 ways from Sunday!   hihi

GO 'CUSE!!!  (we NEED Onuaku back soon if we have any hope.  I think we can beat Butler without Onuaku, but Kansas State and Ohio State...and possibly Kansas in a Championship game, that's a tall order without our big man.

GO CORNELL!  Fucking great.  This is why I love March Madness.  Teams like N. Iowa (my fav. game of the tourn.) and Cornell...how great is this tournament???   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

So it looks like the NCAA is going to expand the tournament to 96 teams or some bullshit. I think that's pretty much the worst idea ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I think the tournament is pretty much perfect the way it is. If anything, the tournament should get smaller, not bigger. Why water it down to the point it doesn't mean anything to get in?

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »

So it looks like the NCAA is going to expand the tournament to 96 teams or some bullshit. I think that's pretty much the worst idea ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I think the tournament is pretty much perfect the way it is. If anything, the tournament should get smaller, not bigger. Why water it down to the point it doesn't mean anything to get in?

Exactly.  What a load of crap.  96 teams? 
So many reasons why this is just dumb...but the one reason that trumps all of them:  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »

Exactly.  What a load of crap.  96 teams? 
So many reasons why this is just dumb...but the one reason that trumps all of them:  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 Sad
I agree.  BUT, they've expanded the tournament before and it worked out just fine so who knows.  96 does seem a little overboard, but I'm sure people thought the same about 64 back in the day.

How are people going to fill out brackets with 96 teams?  That's gonna be crazy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 12:43:05 AM »

What a crazy tournament we had this year.  More first-round upsets than anytime since 1991, and a mid-major program makes it all the way to the final game.

Already ready for next season.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »

By the way, I like the format for the tourney next year.  FOUR play in games.  I like that kind of expansion.  96 teams would've been a little much, but 4 play in games to decide the 16 seeds makes sense to me.

Also, ALL the games will be available to view as TBS, TNT, Tru TV, and CBS will all televise different games during each block.  Can't argue with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: