Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 137111 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »

just want to bring up Michael Jackson.. he was accused twice acquitted but yet people still piled on and condemned him.

same situation if u ask me.

guy putting himself in a bad situation more than once.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

Ok, need some fantasy football advice

I can keep 3 of these... only 2 at one position

WR Brandon Marshall Keeping no brainer
RB Deangelo Williams  Keeping

ok, out of these which ONE do i keep?

Myles Austin
Matt Forte
Knowshown Moreno
Jerome Harrison

Forte was my guy till Martz came there and they signed Chester Taylor.. now i don't know

sandman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

just want to bring up Michael Jackson.. he was accused twice acquitted but yet people still piled on and condemned him.

same situation if u ask me.

guy putting himself in a bad situation more than once.

horrible comparison. TOTALLY different. first of all, MJ is far more popular and far more of a tabloid king than any sports star would ever be. second, those allegations seemed a little more likely to be true. the dude was creepy and hell...he admitted to "sharing his bed" with kids.

like i said, michael irvin is a bigger star who was accused of all kinds of shit. and i feel the coverage was about the same. so there's actual evidence to suggest that it would NOT be different if he were black.

axl4prez - as far as him using better judgment, i disagree. he's single and he's doing what most single guys do. nobody should have to limit their social life and live in fear of being sued all the time. that is an unfortunate part of being famous.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 01:23:07 AM »

Again I have to agree with sandman.  The Michael Jackson comparison is an awful one.  Not even remotely similar, as sandman pointed out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:41 AM »

why?

two kids/families tryin to extort Jackson

two women trying to extort Ben.

seems similar to me.

From what I've pieced together.. it was a blowjob or something of that nature and somehow she slips and falls......

i think he was in the bathroom getting a blowjob.. someone walked in and he just instinctively pushed her away and she was drunk and fell.. makes sense.. cause its like when u get caught doing something u have immediate reflexes.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »

why?

seems similar to me.

From what I've pieced together.. it was a blowjob or something of that nature and somehow she slips and falls......

i think he was in the bathroom getting a blowjob.. someone walked in and he just instinctively pushed her away and she was drunk and fell.. makes sense.. cause its like when u get caught doing something u have immediate reflexes.

Because like sandman said, Ben is a single guy out doing what single guys do.  Michael Jackson was a grown man who would have little boys over and sleep in his bed.  One is normal, one is not.  It's painfully obvious Jackson was putting himself in bad situations.  It's a little tougher for Ben.  What's he supposed to do?  Become a recluse and never leave the house?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 12:36:22 PM »

why?

seems similar to me.

Because like sandman said, Ben is a single guy out doing what single guys do.  Michael Jackson was a grown man who would have little boys over and sleep in his bed.  One is normal, one is not.  It's painfully obvious Jackson was putting himself in bad situations.  It's a little tougher for Ben.  What's he supposed to do?  Become a recluse and never leave the house?

Honestly, if you think it's good judgement to be drunk in a bathroom getting a blowjob from somebody you just met...well I guess we have different definitions of "good judgement."  How much harder is it to meet a girl, introduce her to your friends, maybe get to know her for a couple days, and NOT worry about lawsuits?  I'm sorry, Ben Roethlisberger is no different from any other sports star who's been through the same shit. 
Was it 2-Pac who once said, "Money brings bitches, bitches bring lies..."  Well Ben, like it or not, you best be humming, "All Eyes on Me," the next time you choose to do something so fucking stupid.

Millionaires are wise to avoid sluts.  That bj will cost 'em big time.  ...and yeah, if she's suckin' your d after just meeting you, she's probably a slut.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »

Myles Austin
Matt Forte
Knowshown Moreno
Jerome Harrison

Forte was my guy till Martz came there and they signed Chester Taylor.. now i don't know

I'd go Moreno.

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

And regardless of what may have occurred, Big Ben still showed incredibly bad judgement. It's like when someone took a photo of Michael Phelps smoking from a bong . . . Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with marijuana. I think it should be legal. (I'm still buzzing from getting high last night, lol.) But still, if you're a famous athlete, with sponsorships and responsibilities as a role model, you don't smoke pot at a party in front of bunch of people you don't know. Smoke in the privacy of your own home, alone or with only your closest friends and people you can trust. Don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

I don't think Big Ben should be a recluse or anything, but there's a difference between going out and having fun and going to a college bar and getting a blowjob (or whatever may have happened) from some girl you don't know. People are going to try to take advantage of you, and whether Big Ben harmed the girl or not, he put himself in this situation by acting stupidly and not being responsible. How many atheletes and rappers  have gotten into a shitload of trouble because they keep going to nightclubs and strip clubs, where they then get drunk and get in a fight, or flash a weapon, or shoot themself in the leg (Plaxico!), or some other stupid nonsense? DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN THAT SITUATION!

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »

Myles Austin
Matt Forte
Knowshown Moreno
Jerome Harrison

I'd go Moreno.

Moreno's probably got the most upside...but, that said, D, you are a Cowboys fan.  How fucking bad would it feel to spurn your own team's guy and have him turn into a perennial All-Pro?  #1 wr on a very good offense.  Tough situation, but I know I'm a sucker for keeping my Vikes.    
Forte's o-line is shit and aint gettin' any better any time soon...plus, Taylor's gonna vulture 3rd downs and some td's...and Forte looked like he was missing his old burst/escapability last season.
Harrison doesn't even have a qb.  Anderson's gone, Quinn's likely to be traded, and they've got Seneca Wallace coming in.  Yikes.  LATE EDIT:  I just found out the Browns signed Jake Delhomme to a 2-year deal.  Wow.  A qb who couldn't succeed with the best backfield in football and Steve Smith at wr...wow.  Poor Browns fans.   confusedbtw, ditto to what Gilee said about Big Ben while I was posting this.   yes
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:59:23 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »

from Peter King's MMQ....

Why are teams not fighting to get Donovan McNabb or Kevin Kolb from the Eagles?
It's interesting how this story of the Eagles quarterbacks has stretched out. We all know it's unlikely Philly opens the season with McNabb, Kolb and Michael Vick as the quarterback depth chart. If I'm laying odds, it's 60-40 McNabb is under center for the Eagles on opening day. But that 40 percent (who knows -- maybe it's 30 or 35) means something. Andy Reid has said McNabb is his quarterback, but the one thing he has not said is "I absolutely will not trade Donovan McNabb.''

Case in point. Remember last summer, two weeks before Philly landed Vick, when Reid said signing Vick "is not the direction we're looking"? He never said, "We have no interest in Vick.'' So when he says he's happy with his quarterbacks and feels McNabb is his guy, it's a lot different than saying he wouldn't deal him.

A playoff quarterback near his prime can be had for a premium price. The fact that there's a real chance the Eagles could deal McNabb, and that McNabb is a half-year younger than Peyton Manning and apparently intends to play four or five more seasons, and also apparently has kicked the injury bug, leads me to this question: What in the world are all these quarterback-needy teams doing? Why aren't teams running to deal for McNabb?

The prime object of this game in the personnel area is to get a quarterback who can win games and lead your team, and a good, proven one is out there. The Eagles aren't shopping him, but they surely are listening.

I asked a coach with a quarterback need about McNabb, and the coach said because McNabb is on the last year of his contract and would probably need to be re-signed, and the fact that Philadelphia would want a high draft choice for him in a very good draft, and the fact that he doesn't have a lot of years left, all combine to make it a tough trade. Understood. Good factors all. But McNabb is 33.

I have my own problems with McNabb. I don't consider him on the Manning-Brady-Brees plane. I think the Eagles should go with Kolb and make the best deal they can for McNabb this offseason, because, basically, it's Groundhog Day in Philadelphia. Every year's the same, and I don't see McNabb getting Philly over the hump and into another Super Bowl.

So why would I want to pawn him off on another quarterback-needy team when I don't think he's a top-five quarterback? Simple. Because he's a top-10 or top-12 quarterback, and they're too hard to find to let one pass when he's just sitting there for the taking. McNabb would shore up any team's most important position for the next half-decade. Some team's going to take Jimmy Clausen between, say, the fourth and 20th pick in the first round, and whoever takes him is going to have no idea if he's the long-term solution at quarterback.

NFL teams have picked 30 quarterbacks in the first round since 1999. Of those 30, I'd say six (McNabb, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers) have turned into top-flight starters. Six more (Chad Pennington, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Vick, Daunte Culpepper) have been well worth the pick; Vick, remember, had the Falcons on strong playoff runs early in his career.
The other 18 include four No. 1 overall picks (Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell) who have either failed or need career CPR to get back on track. JoeyHarrington, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Kyle Boller, J.P. Losman -- finished far too soon. Twelve success stories out of 30, with a few more hanging in the balance.
What would you rather have, a four- or five-year shot at a relatively sure thing in McNabb (with a +12 TD/INT ratio in each of his past four seasons), or a guy who makes you go to bed uneasy every night for the next two or three years because you just don't know how he'll pan out?

I've also heard what a great draft this is, and I respect teams determined to build through the draft. Long term, it's clearly the best way to build your team right. The last time I heard so many raves about a draft beforehand was the 2004 crop, with the three good quarterbacks (Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger) and rock-solid depth at several other positions.
Well, I looked up that draft Sunday, and here were the fifth through 10th picks in this so-called superior draft:
5. Washington: Sean Taylor, S, Miami (Fla.).
6. Cleveland: Kellen Winslow, TE, Miami (Fla.).
7. Detroit: Roy Williams, WR, Texas.
8. Atlanta: DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech.
9. Jacksonville: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington.
10. Houston: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina.
Forgot to mention Robert Gallery, second overall pick. Six years later, six of the top 10 picks in a thought-to-be excellent draft are gone, with just traces of the impact they were supposed to have left on their teams. A seventh, Gallery, was so unimpressive at tackle the Raiders moved him to guard.

It's time for one of the QB-needy teams to step up. Seattle has the sixth and 14th picks, San Francisco the 13th and 17th picks.
Re: Seattle, franchise saviors usually don't last forever. Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier can tell you that. If I'm Pete Carroll, and I can have McNabb as my quarterback for the next four years, I jump at it. Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo and Jacksonville are 7 through 10. If I'm Reid, I'm keeping Kolb (which I think he aims to do), and hoping/praying some team comes to its senses and chases McNabb before the draft.
I think one of the quarterbacks is going. Where, I don't know. When, I don't know. But one last note about the Eagles and quarterbacks: Fordham University, not exactly a football hotbed, had its pro day for NFL coaches and scouts Friday in the Bronx. Fordham has a late-round quarterback prospect, John Skelton. The Eagles were at the workout with not one coach but two -- quarterback coach James Urban and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. Maybe it means nothing, but it's pretty rare for two coaches to be looking at a late-round quarterback -- especially when you're as packed at quarterback as the Eagles are. Unless, of course, you're planning to jettison one of your quarterbacks before the draft.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 07:16:33 PM »

Well, thing with Mcnabb is, u can't give him a career achievement award. Look how Mcnabb finished the season..... I mean, def hurt his trade value with how he stunk up it in the most important games of the year.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

There's no way in hell the Eagles start the season with McNabb-Kolb-Vick 1-2-3.  Somebody's goin'.
I have no fucking idea what the Eagles are going to do!  They are awesome poker players that's for damn sure.  My gut tells me they want to ride McNabb one more season with Kolb taking over in 2011...and they'll try to amass picks for Vick.

I think the Rams will take qb Sam Bradford.  The money aspect makes it almost impossible for teams to trade out of the #1 pick, but if they could find a team to do it, the Rams would/should do it in a heartbeat.  They don't need one great player, they need many above average players. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

What would you rather have, a four- or five-year shot at a relatively sure thing in McNabb (with a +12 TD/INT ratio in each of his past four seasons), or a guy who makes you go to bed uneasy every night for the next two or three years because you just don't know how he'll pan out?

This is exactly why the Eagles should hold onto McNabb for as long as possible. Unlike apparently everyone else in the world, I don't judge a QB based on two starts. Kolb is far from a sure thing. McNabb is a sure thing, and I think he is the only chance Philly has of winning a Superbowl within the next few years.

Reid has said repeatedly that he'd like to keep all three of his QBs, yet everyone on ESPN kept saying that the Eagles would either trade Vick or just not sign him to the option. Yet they did. Teams are supposedly calling all the time to inquire about McNabb, but reports I've read say the Eagles aren't listening. McNabb will be the starter; Kolb will be the backup. The only QB I think may get traded is Vick. If I was the Rams, I'd trade for Vick. That way they can have Suh and Vick, instead of risking the pick on injury-prone Bradford.

But, of course, I forget we're talking about the Philadelphia Eagles, a team that seems to care more about saving money than winning a Superbowl . . .

Here Today . . .
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 09:41:47 AM »

Eagles should keep McNabb for one more season.  After Favre plays one more year, Vikes can then pick him up. Smiley

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 02:35:08 AM »

What's everyones take on the OT rule change? Now if the team who wins the coin toss scores a field goal the team that lost the toss gets a posession.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »

What's everyones take on the OT rule change? Now if the team who wins the coin toss scores a field goal the team that lost the toss gets a posession.
It's a step in the right direction.  I don't think it should be limited to JUST the post-season though.  I guess they are having a vote in May on if they should use it during the regular season too.

I'd rather see a shortened quarter instead.  How about a 7 or 8 minute OT?  That way you pretty much guarantee each team will at least get the ball once and you still have the time element where you have to manage the clock.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »

It's a step in the right direction.  I don't think it should be limited to JUST the post-season though.  I guess they are having a vote in May on if they should use it during the regular season too.

I'd rather see a shortened quarter instead.  How about a 7 or 8 minute OT?  That way you pretty much guarantee each team will at least get the ball once and you still have the time element where you have to manage the clock.

I agree, i would like to see it include the regular season as well. Hopefully when they vote in may they will vote yes.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »

not the best solution for OT in my opinion, but it is an improvement. hopefully they implement it for the regular season as well.

trade talks for mcnabb are heating up.

McNabb to the Rams "not yet completed"      

ORLANDO -- Andy Reid confirmed yesterday that the Eagles are entertaining offers for Donovan McNabb.

Asked whether a deal between the Eagles and Rams that involved McNabb for St. Louis? second-round pick (33d overall) was on the table, a league source said it was ?not yet completed.?

Whether that deal or any deal is imminent is unclear. The Eagles had no comment. Rams general manager Billy Devaney told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he has not ?talked to Philadelphia about any of their players.?

However, another source close to the situation said that the teams have talked, but that Eagles are still trying to get the best deal possible. Rams free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe could also be involved in the deal, according to speculation. Atogwe is a restricted free agent that has yet to sign his tender. He couldn't be traded until he signed his tender, which was at the lowest level.

The Rams also hold the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and could use that pick on Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 10:49:20 PM »

Interesting stuff on the McNabb dealings...who the hell knows.  Anything can happen.  As a McNabb fan, I'd be a little disappointed with him going to a team as bad as the Rams...but who knows.

On the overtime rule...it sounds pretty cool.  I'm a traditionalist and love the old-fashioned sudden death...but, since the NFL got all pass-happy with rule-changes assisting the offense, the old 50-50 odds for the team winning who won the toss are now what, 60-40?  That's nuts.

I'll be happy if the new system of OT results in a 50-50 spread over the next decade.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: