Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How low can Limbaugh go?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low can Limbaugh go?  (Read 36983 times)
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 02:41:32 AM »

i think using fox for political gain is a smart move by the dems.

You are walking lockstep with Rush, repeating his second attack on Fox.

Fox also did an ad promoting Arlen Spector (R) in 2004 as well you incoherent stooge.

Are you going to claim they were "using" Fox then also?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 02:52:34 AM by Bud Fox » Logged

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
sandman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2006, 08:10:15 AM »

Fox also did an ad promoting Arlen Spector (R) in 2004 as well you incoherent stooge.

yes. and it was a smart move by them as well.

I am not blinded by partisanship to any party. you should try it.  hihi

and in my entire life, i've probably listened to about 90 seconds of rush limbaugh.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Surfrider
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »

Good job in refraining from namecalling.
Surfrider
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2006, 10:34:58 AM »

One thing I find peculiar: didn't Fox admit that he purposely did not take his drugs when he testified in front of Congress so that the effects of his condition would be more profound?  Doesn't Rush have a right to say that he may be doing that here to get across a political point of view?  If that is so, shouldn't Rush do it?

I certainly don't agree with attacking the messenger, but if Fox really has used such tactics then I don't think it is terrible to point them out.
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »

One thing I find peculiar: didn't Fox admit that he purposely did not take his drugs when he testified in front of Congress so that the effects of his condition would be more profound?  Doesn't Rush have a right to say that he may be doing that here to get across a political point of view?  If that is so, shouldn't Rush do it?

I certainly don't agree with attacking the messenger, but if Fox really has used such tactics then I don't think it is terrible to point them out.

His movements are a side effect of the drugs. Not from not taking them. That is how dumb druggie Rush and his stooges are.

What's next? Muhammad Ali a faker?

VP Cheney faking his heart condition?

You pretending to be stupid for a cheap laugh?

-Lenny Bruce
Brody
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »

I see you have come to yet ruin another thread.

Ok so i see alot of you people saying its ok for Fox to be political cause it brings light to the issues that he believes in! but then why is it not ok for conservative celebs to talk about an issue that they care about? I sympathize with fox and his condition but what I don't sympathize with the blatant lies that his add portrays. 
Surfrider
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »

One thing I find peculiar: didn't Fox admit that he purposely did not take his drugs when he testified in front of Congress so that the effects of his condition would be more profound?? Doesn't Rush have a right to say that he may be doing that here to get across a political point of view?? If that is so, shouldn't Rush do it?

His movements are a side effect of the drugs. Not from not taking them. That is how dumb druggie Rush and his stooges are.
That is not what Fox said on the Today show or when he testified in front of Congress.? He said that when he testified in front of Congress he purposely did not take his medication so that they could hear and see the effects of his disease.? I am not criticizing him for this at all, but pointing it out is not criticizing him either.?

It is his disease that cause the uncontrolled muscle movements, not the medication.

You pretending to be stupid for a cheap laugh?
More namecalling.? Keep it up.? How have you not been banned?? I don't think I have ever read one post from you that doesn't have personal attacks.? Many people have been banned for much less.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:20:15 AM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2006, 11:13:02 AM »

It is the drugs that cause the uncontrolled muscle movements, not the medication.

OK, Bud Fox changes his mind.

You aren't acting for a cheap laugh are you?

-Lenny Bruce
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2006, 11:14:04 AM »

Ok so i see alot of you people saying its ok for Fox to be political cause it brings light to the issues that he believes in! but then why is it not ok for conservative celebs to talk about an issue that they care about? . 

Who said that?

You?

-Lenny Bruce
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »

If stem cell researchers were talking about cures for  baldness, being overweight,  drug addiction, hearing loss, or trouble getting a hard on you can be Rush would be at Fox's side.

-Lenny Bruce
Surfrider
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 11:21:32 AM »

It is the drugs that cause the uncontrolled muscle movements, not the medication.

OK, Bud Fox changes his mind.

You aren't acting for a cheap laugh are you?
Berkeleyriot apologizes.  Berkeley create typos.  Berkeley think Budfox so smart.
Surfrider
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »

If stem cell researchers were talking about cures for? baldness, being overweight,? drug addiction, hearing loss, or trouble getting a hard on you can be Rush would be at Fox's side.

Berkeley think Budfox brilliant.  Berkeley think Budfox nail coffin on head. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »

One thing I find peculiar: didn't Fox admit that he purposely did not take his drugs when he testified in front of Congress so that the effects of his condition would be more profound?? Doesn't Rush have a right to say that he may be doing that here to get across a political point of view?? If that is so, shouldn't Rush do it?

Because showing the true symptoms of the disease, without expensive medications that many people can't afford and many insurance companies won't cover, is somehow dishonest?

You talk about Fox "admitting" he didn't take his meds like he suddenly decided to put on a performance...when, in fact, he was portraying a much more realistic picture of what the disease does to many, if not most, people.

As for Rush's right to criticize Fox....does Fox now have the right (or obligation) to point out that Rush was a drug addict who's opinions and thinking may very well be muddled by that previous addiction's effect on his brain (witness his hearing loss as evidence of some serious neurological damage)? ?Or that he spends hours on end preaching about morality and ethics after spending much of his "political commentary" career being a complete hypocrit? I think doing so, while possibly true, wouldn't exactly be the right thing to do...do you? ?Because, if you do...this whole conversation is moot.

No one denies Fox is sick. ?He has Parkinsons. ?So Rush first accuses him of acting. ?Then backs off THAT assertion and just says "Well, the guys off his meds....that makes the ad misleading". ?Bullshit. ?It's not misleading. ?It's an accurate portrayal of the disease. ?So what's the problem?  That Rush doesn't like it because it portrays his "party line" on embryonic stem cell research poorly and makes the opposing view point more sympathetic?  Well no shit it does.  That's entirely the point.  So just say it.  It was an ad designed to play on people's sympathies.....

But how can Rush garner ratings by saying that? ?Or by actually attacking the ad, rather than just Fox's appearance in it? ?The answer is, of course, he can't. ?So he says the most outrageous (but calculated, make no mistake about it) thing he can think of...and it worked. ?Look at the press he's getting.....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:34:39 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »

^^^ I agree.  You're basically saying anybody suffering these days should just take their meds and be quiet so none of us healthier people have to feel uncomfortable - rather then ACTUALLY SEEING the effects of their illness.  Huh

Berkeley - you think he likes taking his meds? you think he likes the side effects?  Are you on medication?  hihi  how about finding a cure for these diseases so you dont' HAVE to take medication?  Oh wait, then the pharm companys would lose money, nevermind.  Roll Eyes

Pretty sick that you would think someone is showing a more "profound" display of their terribly condition just to get across a "political point of view".

Fox told Couric that he did the ads only to advance his cause, and that he doesn't care about politics.

"Disease is a nonpartisan problem that requires a bipartisan solution," he said.

"Would you support a Republican candidate?" Couric asked.

"I have," Fox replied. "I've campaigned for Arlen Specter," describing the Republican Senator from Pennsylvania as a "fantastic champion of stem-cell research."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 02:57:20 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »

Limbaugh is an ass. I never did like him.

My opinion about stem cell research ( neither party has come up with this)

Let the parents make the choice whether their "specimen" should be used for reserch. We have a choice if we want to donate our body to science after we die. If a fetus did not make it, why throw it away? Why let it die in vain? It can help someone else's life, making its short existance make a difference.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

Showing the effects of the disease is part of the whole point of the campaign because we should all know that pharmecutical companies are NOT about finding the cure but rather to keep people paying high prices for their drugs to so call "control" the disease.  Finding a cure doesn't help them because it eliminates the need for people to pay them for these overpriced drugs.

So why wouldn't it be OK for MJF to show what the disease looks like without the drugs?

Rush on the other hand loves the pharmecutical companies because he is an overpaid windbag who can afford to buy them for his recreational activities. Roll Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »

Showing the effects of the disease is part of the whole point of the campaign because we should all know that pharmecutical companies are NOT about finding the cure but rather to keep people paying high prices for their drugs to so call "control" the disease.  Finding a cure doesn't help them because it eliminates the need for people to pay them for these overpriced drugs.

So why wouldn't it be OK for MJF to show what the disease looks like without the drugs?

Rush on the other hand loves the pharmecutical companies because he is an overpaid windbag who can afford to buy them for his recreational activities. Roll Eyes

You nailed it Bandita.

Its not ok b/c some people think "whats MJF complaining about, we have medication for that, whats he got to worry about - hes just using this as a tactic for political reasons"   Roll Eyes  Pretty retarded.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »

If stem cell researchers were talking about cures for? baldness, being overweight,? drug addiction, hearing loss, or trouble getting a hard on you can be Rush would be at Fox's side.

rofl Im sorry but in a very serious topic here this is amusing but very true..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 06:35:42 PM »

I think Rush Limbaugh makes alot of very good points in his criticizing of the Democrats and the liberal media. But he never thinks the Republicans do anything wrong or bad and everything they do is right. He always thinks the Republicans are the good guys. Which is so wrong in my opinion. That is just too extreme to have that point of view. What he said about Fox is wrong. And it's disgusting how the Democrats have used people like Cindy Sheehan and Fox to push their agendas.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 07:05:24 PM »

Remember Drew, Michael J. Fox has also appeared in ads for Arlen Spector, Republican from Pennsylvannia.  Michael J. Fox is doing what any of us would do if we were put in the same horrible position he is in right now.  Stem cell research isn't some pipe dream pie in the sky theoretical concept like cold fusion.  It is real science and our best bet at taking out (not just treating symptoms with pills, sorry pharmaceutical companies) dreaded diseases.
It just happens to be an idea that an overwhelming majority of Americans support.  A greater percentage of Democrats believe in allowing (not mandating) federal funding of such a great pursuit that will benefit mankind!  Of course Democrats are going to bring this to the attention of the American people.  It's an issue that works. 

Rush should stick to the Republican M.O. that worked for them in '04.  Fear.  Fear of war and fear of gays.  Talk about a great motivator.  It's win-win for the Republicans.  If we don't get attacked, it's because we brought the war over there!  If we get attacked, just think how bad it would have been had the Democrats been in power!  There's also alot of hidden anti-gay sentiment in the US (especially potent with the right-wing evangelicals).  Any type of mention of gay marriage, even if no legal actions to stop it are taken, will help the Republicans.  For some reason, people think acknowledging gay people exist may turn their kids gay.  (think Family Guy..."take that Nancy-Boy!"   rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: