Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:32:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Things I'd like to see happen in the next few months
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I'd like to see happen in the next few months  (Read 1547 times)
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 15, 2006, 10:49:09 PM »

After being a GNR fan since 87 when I was 7 years old, learning about Chinese Democracy from Spin in 99, following the saga online since 01, and seeing them in Vegas(NYE 01/02) Chicago(02) and NYC(06) here are things that Id like to see to bring this all together this year:

1) A Single on the radio at the start of the tour. Even though they have technically been on tour since May, Id like to think it will help jumpstart tickets in smaller markets, and just bring more focus in a positive way

2) A revamped setlist. When i saw them, 3x's now, I realized in NY that the set bogs down with 5 slow songs and too many guitar solos to count. I'd say out of Patience, The Blues, KOHD, Madagascar and November Rain...two need to go, whether they are rotated nightly, or they just cut The Blues and KOHD(the new version dont do it for me). Also, let Richard and Robin do there Beautiful spot, and give Bumblefoot a quick spot, and thats it...enough said

3) and here is my marketing stratedgy. Since the "new" songs that have been played live and "leaked" online, are sort of old news, make them bonus songs for the album. That way the album is all fresh new songs. I even think you could do a thing like preorder CD from Itunes, and get all 9 previous songs downloaded at that time(prerelease) for free....and in the stores just make them a bonus disc on the first million copies. SO say if the preorder for Nov 21st is tommorow, and you bought it...you get access imediately to the songs like Madagascar, Better, Exct....

4) Show up everynight of the tour!

5) Throw in some suprises. Bust out some different covers...rotate Appetite songs nightly, rotate the new songs nightly. Nothing is more lame than a rock show that is predictable as rain
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:52:42 PM »

Great things to think about..but don't we ALL want this already?  Your just stating the obvious.  We all want GN'R to succeed and have another great run...but do we have to KEEP repeating ourselves over and over again?  GN'R will rock on in 06 and beyond .
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:52:12 PM »

These are all things I agree with...

GNR and its management need to start thinking about having a successful tour.

gnrevolution.com
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:20:13 AM »

2) A revamped setlist. When i saw them, 3x's now, I realized in NY that the set bogs down with 5 slow songs and too many guitar solos to count. I'd say out of Patience, The Blues, KOHD, Madagascar and November Rain...two need to go, whether they are rotated nightly, or they just cut The Blues and KOHD(the new version dont do it for me). Also, let Richard and Robin do there Beautiful spot, and give Bumblefoot a quick spot, and thats it...enough said

I gotta disagree here. Even though I'd love to see a little more variation in set lists, I disagree with your view. GNR are no longer just a hard rock band, and I think there's an okay number of softer/slower songs... On top of that: November Rain can't be cut, it's the best known GNR "soft song," it's all around awesome, and Axl loves it. Madagascar and The Blues are fan favorites and they really need to play these everynight (they skip Madagascar somenights, which I disagree with) - as much new material as possible. KOHD is one that I COULD see drop, but I don't think they should - crowd interaction is great, and it shows how the new band can mix up old songs and still sound great (IMO). Patience was really popular, but I think they could put this in the "maybes" with Rocket Queen etc. ... I don't know, people love it, not sure Axl will drop it anytime soon.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: