Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  School > diplomas > jobs - in your country
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School > diplomas > jobs - in your country  (Read 1445 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: April 22, 2006, 04:19:45 AM »

Hi motherfuckers
Let's be serious for once.

Following the debate we're having here in France about the distance and deconnection existing between the school system and the Job's world.
I wanted to see how it was done in your respective countries.

For example, in France,? it was all about getting a diploma and going as far as you can in your studies. As University is free, more and more people reached high diplomas (5/6/7 years of unuversity - not counting med). Therefore this devaluated the diplomas.
So governments invented more "professional" studies; where your program is shorter (3 years) and more related to the industry or such *real* jobs.

After our CPE issue ( the demonstrations we had weeks ago), the problem of young people finding the entry door to serious jobs is asked.

One other problem (kinda) we have is the Grandes Ecoles (great schools) system we have. there are like 6 or 7 famous school in the country, and when you go through them you have no problem finding jobs, [but you get in these schools through a hard selection, wich is taboo in France].
I went to the Sciences Po school of paris, and i can feel how privileged i am, and how easier it is for me to get jobs.

So how do you go from university to work in your country ? is it done by a final internship and that's it ? do you have to do it yourself ? how long must you study, in general, to be secure ? How did u find your job ?

rant
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 04:21:27 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 10:16:19 AM »

Here in Ecuador when you finish high school you have 2 choices or go to collage (university in our country) or look for a job. The major part of the country look for a job cause they dont have enough money to survive then when they have made enough money they start to go to collage, The goverment has never paid anything.
For the people that after highschool goes to college in general we used to work and study so we can have our personal thing but we are minority is like 5% of the Country  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: