Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)  (Read 10688 times)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

Are Frank and Richard members of The Compulsions?

You're saying they're not?

Exactly.

I saw the band in NYC last December. Frank played drums, Richard wasn't there.

Frank seems to play with them when he's home and not busy with GN'R.

He plays on some of their releases, but not all of them. And I think Richard is on some tracks as well.

/jarmo

Dude, I gotta offer my 2 cents here. I play in a band and i KNOW i wouldn't want to go out and jam with someone who uses my band name ( in a negative way) on there myspace page. Honestly you say its a review written by someone else. What is the point of having it posted on there site? To garner publicity for there band? Thats lame and I dont see why Frank or Rich would want to play with someone who has to resort to posting shit about  there band on there site. If theyr'e true friends who respect there playing and appreciate them coming down to play every so often they would take the posting down. Just my 2 cents.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »

If theyr'e true friends who respect there playing and appreciate them coming down to play every so often they would take the posting down. Just my 2 cents.

They did....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »

they aren't that slow afterall
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

If theyr'e true friends who respect there playing and appreciate them coming down to play every so often they would take the posting down. Just my 2 cents.

They did....

/jarmo

beer Good for them!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »

They did....

/jarmo

Thats a step at least... I'd like an apology from the leader of this band  on behalf of the asswipe who wrote it, if i were frank or richard...

Not saying they're not entitled to their own opinion, but they went way out of their way to piss on it
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 02:54:27 AM »

Hell yeah, cant wait I'll be there!!!

Rob told me about this the other night, I've seen The Compulsions a bunch of times with Frank but never with Richard, Rob told me Richards not really a band member but he is on a couple of tracks

NYC Rules!!! peace

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 03:24:40 AM »

Since they're playing in NYC in a few weeks, maybe you can go and tell them exactly what you think of that instead of posting about it on the Internet?

Tell it to Frank's face that you don't like the quotes he never said in the first place....

I would gladly tell them what I think if you give me their email or something.

LOL COWARD!  You write that angry email!  You tell them what you think about it!  Be sure and use angry emoticons!

(You could not go to the show since you hate Frank and Rich so much, but you could wait outside to have a word with them, seeing how this topic is so important to you.)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »

LOL COWARD!  You write that angry email!  You tell them what you think about it!  Be sure and use angry emoticons!

(You could not go to the show since you hate Frank and Rich so much, but you could wait outside to have a word with them, seeing how this topic is so important to you.)
For starters it wouldnt be angry ok

WHy would I travel an hr or so to tell them this? It not something that I think about all that much Wink

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »

If Frank were to come through Detroit, I'd love to meet that dude and shake his hand. His contributions on CD are some of my favorites.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »

For starters it wouldnt be angry ok

WHy would I travel an hr or so to tell them this? It not something that I think about all that much Wink

Ahhh, but YOU DO think about it A LOT!  You've dominated this thread with your sentiments, so perhaps it would be healthier to voice your concerns in person rather than through an electronic medium.  Dig?

mikeaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »

I was the person who first brought this to this thread.  I did not do it to create controversy or get the BS flowing.  Jarmo u know this... I have had limited posts I am an ardent supporter of the band and am one of the few on this board who stays out of the soap opera.  I just found it insulting to Axl. I apologize but in no way was I creating hostility.  but I will not cower to anyone,  been to loyal  at this shit for as long as anyone on this board... i am 40. guess what changed my mind...NO APOLOGIES!!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2009, 12:15:30 AM »

I got a facebook invite from Frank for this show,as im sure anyone else who is friends with him on facebook did.  I'm checking it out..
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »

Have a good time Old Man.  I saw Dizzy and Richard last Saturday, and it was so much fun seeing the GN'R guys play again.  It's been almost three years since I had seen them.  Fortus brings so much energy, it really is a joy to see him play.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »

Have a good time Old Man.  I saw Dizzy and Richard last Saturday, and it was so much fun seeing the GN'R guys play again.  It's been almost three years since I had seen them.  Fortus brings so much energy, it really is a joy to see him play.

I saw Dizzy and Richard play a club here in NYC back in 2004, it was a lot of fun.  They played "Pretty Tied Up"...cant ask for more than that.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2009, 05:38:06 PM »

I saw Dizzy and Richard play a club here in NYC back in 2004, it was a lot of fun.  They played "Pretty Tied Up"...cant ask for more than that.

I was hoping for PTU, but they only had time for 5 songs.  Undecided

I can't wait to see the whole band again.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2009, 07:24:03 AM »

Update from Richard

richardfortus - 2 NYC shows comin' up. Sept.16 with the Bashers @ Bowery Electric. Sept 17th with The Compulsions (also at) Bowery Electric
about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: