Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 383702 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1480 on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »

Partly, yes. Thats what people in the real world do. When their integrity, character, etc is being defamed they generally defend themselves or at least PRESENT their side of the story. Axl did not do that. Why allow the media and fans to only get one side of the GNR story? Doesnt make any sense.

Maybe the fact that if he comments on one article, they can use his comments to sell more magazines and/or it leads credibility to the shit they print.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "no comment"? It's pretty commonly used by people who wish to have no part in what somebody might be involved in.

Again, maybe your not reading or understanding my posts. Im saying that if things were being "twisted around", Axl should have nipped it in the bud early on....or at least give his side of the break up and relationships, so he can wash his hands and move on. Leave it to the public to decide.

Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. He could comment on something and his comment could be misquoted, taken out of context and/or twisted around to fit the agenda of the story.

In addition to to above mentioned possibilities.

Everything isn't always as easy as you think. You have to think about what you think is best and decide what's right for you.

What's right for younggunner might not be right for Axl Rose.

The point is that he would have washed his hands a long time ago and left it up for the public to decide.

Even some of his so called fans, who have access to all kinds of direct quotes and more true GN'R information than the regular music listener, think he's a liar and whatever else.....

And you wonder why he's not that interested in talking to the media...

Ironic. Some of the people who "want" him to do more interviews are the same ones who call him a liar every chance they get.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1481 on: September 04, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

Axl said it best during ALbany 2002 when he said "just cause a bunch of people agree doesn't mean it is or something a long those lines

point is, Axl should've given his side of the story. maybe he feared a lawsuit or something.... I don't know the behind the scenes ramifications, but the more I hear Axl's side now, the more i do believe him. Just a shame it took so long and so many people made their minds up already and once people make up their minds, it is damn near impossible to change them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1482 on: September 04, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »

Maybe the fact that if he comments on one article, they can use his comments to sell more magazines and/or it leads credibility to the shit they print.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "no comment"? It's pretty commonly used by people who wish to have no part in what somebody might be involved in
He had every right to say no comment. But with that comes consequences.
If you use the no comment early on dont come to your fans 10 yrs later saying that you were given a raw deal in the media when you had every chance to at least get your side out. Thats weak.

He could comment on something and his comment could be misquoted, taken out of context and/or twisted around to fit the agenda of the story.
whats that song called....one hit wonder.....Paranoia, Paranoia....?

Even some of his so called fans, who have access to all kinds of direct quotes and more true GN'R information than the regular music listener, think he's a liar and whatever else.....

And you wonder why he's not that interested in talking to the media...

Ironic. Some of the people who "want" him to do more interviews are the same ones who call him a liar every chance they get.

I never said hes a liar. I said its weak to blame the media when he could have at least been vocal early on.

message boards were of no relevance during the late 90's. stop with the nonsense

point is, Axl should've given his side of the story. maybe he feared a lawsuit or something.... I don't know the behind the scenes ramifications, but the more I hear Axl's side now, the more i do believe him. Just a shame it took so long and so many people made their minds up already and once people make up their minds, it is damn near impossible to change them
exactely.

the whole lawsuit thing is just an excuse. One that Axl has not even given. The people here have.  How come everyone associated with the old lineup, including its members, spoke out and gave their versions? hellloooooo peopleeeee
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:51:25 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1483 on: September 04, 2009, 04:50:39 PM »

What legally could have prevented Axl from giving his side of the gnr breakup?
Perhaps you should post that in "Questions for GnR" section...maybe someday he will let us all know.

there shouldnt be any lawyer talk in r n r either ok
...unfortunately, it appears that Slash, Duff, Adler didn't feel the same way.  Maybe someday in the near future we will all learn the 5W on this whole saga.

Take your own advice then....
Lost me here..do you mean no crying in rock and roll?  Hmmmm...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: September 04, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

Perhaps you should post that in "Questions for GnR" section...maybe someday he will let us all know.
You brought that excuse up, not Axl. There is no need to ask Axl that question.So Im asking you what would have prevented Axl, from 97-2003 from giving his version of the breakup, etc. Like his former friends.....

Lost me here..do you mean no crying in rock and roll?  Hmmmm...
no, you are insinuating that people here are crying and whining. You say thats not r n r . Im saying that if there is no crying in rnr then there is no lawyer talk in rnr either
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:57:09 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1485 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

He had every right to say no comment. But with that comes consequences.

Another thing for you to disregard: Maybe he didn't feel like talking about the stuff?

If you use the no comment early on dont come to your fans 10 yrs later saying that you were given a raw deal in the media when you had every chance to at least get your side out. Thats weak.

Yeah, coming to your fans explaining something. What was he thinking?

How could anybody think that the fans would understand? How weak!

Roll Eyes

I never said hes a liar. I said its weak to blame the media when he could have at least been vocal early on.

I have listed several reasons why I personally could see him not taking part in something like that.

They're up there, but you choose to disregard them as usual because they don't fit your own way of "I know what's best for Axl" thinking.

message boards were of no relevance during the late 90's. stop with the nonsense

Just because you weren't around, doesn't mean the world didn't exist.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here with the message board comment. I bet you weren't around GN'R message boards in the late 90s....

Anyway, that's not what I meant.

I said even GN'R fans who have access to all kinds of information that regular People magazine reading music fans don't know exists, are bashing Axl for the things he actually says.

The same people who claim to be fans, the same people who are supposed to be on the same side as the band. But you expect the people on the other side to just read an Axl interview and understand everything..... Oh right, you said "decide". You didn't even "guarantee" that they would understand.

Another reason why somebody might be reluctant to talk. Because not many people will understand what's been said!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1486 on: September 04, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »

Thats all understandable Jarmo but usually when people are accused, they respond.

the fact several people have negative stories of Axl mixed with Axl's silence give credibility towards the other side no matter how full of shit those people are.

It shouldn't be that way, I agree but u know how people are. They read or hear something, they think it is true. U let 4 or 5 people say the same thing and the accused never responds... it just looks bad.

I, like I said, have started learning towards Axl's side over Slash's version but not everyone is going to take the time and give Axl the benefit of the doubt to read both versions, weigh it out and really think about it.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: September 04, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »

Another thing for you to disregard: Maybe he didn't feel like talking about the stuff?
again, thats fine but with that comes consequences ok

Yeah, coming to your fans explaining something. What was he thinking?

How could anybody think that the fans would understand? How weak!
It was nice of him to explain. But what he was explaining has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Im talking about the initial phase of Axl and new GNR...97-03ish

example: you just went through a nasty divorce. Your wife says her version of the divorce. All these nasty things you said and did to her that drove her  to the point to divorce you and end the beautiful lifestyle and family you both shared and built. Your wife keeps rambling and rambling on about this. People you know and love begin to hear of all this. They ask you for your side....but you say "no comment"(  Grin ok).... they try to give you space and time....over that space and time they keep hearing your big mouth wife...say the same stuff over and over again. They keep coming to you but you close them out. They eventually start believing that version of the divorce. Whos fault is it?

generally the husband will give his side and it will be up his friends and family to decide where they fall. thats how the real world generally works

I have listed several reasons why I personally could see him not taking part in something like that.

One last time.....why was it not best for Axl to nip the negativity early on before it peaked to what eventually turned into  an onslaught.

I said even GN'R fans who have access to all kinds of information that regular People magazine reading music fans don't know exists, are bashing Axl for the things he actually says.

The same people who claim to be fans, the same people who are supposed to be on the same side as the band. But you expect the people on the other side to just read an Axl interview and understand everything..... Oh right, you said "decide". You didn't even "guarantee" that they would understand.

Another reason why somebody might be reluctant to talk. Because not many people will understand
Again...Im not bashing Axl for what he has said in terms of his side of the story of old gnr...is that clear? comprende?

Im commenting that Axls inability to get that very same story out there at a more crucial time cost him in the long run. Capisce?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:21:22 PM by younggunner » Logged

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #1488 on: September 04, 2009, 05:17:40 PM »

You brought that excuse up, not Axl. There is no need to ask Axl that question.So Im asking you what would have prevented Axl, from 97-2003 from giving his version of the breakup, etc. Like his former friends.....
From Axl Rose (available on this site): "Couldn't talk sooner as it could have jeopardized whatever nonsense was going on."

Yes, lawyers are very un-R&R...I bet Axl, et al, would agree with you on this point (after years of legal struggle).  

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: September 04, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

From Axl Rose (available on this site): "Couldn't talk sooner as it could have jeopardized whatever nonsense was going on."

I will admit Im wrong in that stance if you could please provide a link to that and or the context of the question...thanks

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1490 on: September 04, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »

Im thinking Axl speaking out could've hurt his chances in the various lawsuits.

Maybe it made him look better taking the high road etc.

If that is so, I can't fault any of that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1491 on: September 04, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »

Thats all understandable Jarmo but usually when people are accused, they respond.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Easy as that....

The following is a general statement and not aimed at above poster personally.

But what we have here is a bunch of fans thinking they know better than Axl what to do. I bet he didn't just decide to not comment without reasons for it.

Some of you aren't interested in hearing about reasons or explanations. Because it just goes against your personal wishes.

You want Axl to do interviews so you can dissect every word, twist it around and call him a liar if something he says doesn't happen. If he doesn't, well then it's "weak".

again, thats fine but with that comes consequences ok

You keep saying that.

Cop out!

Maybe you could, for once, say: "Ooh, now I get why he possibly didn't do it.... That makes sense to me.".

Instead of the usual broken record routine of "yes, but he didn't so it's weak!".

It was nice of him to explain. But what he was explaining has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Im talking about the initial phase of Axl and new GNR...97-03ish

We keep going around in circles because you chose to disregard everything...

One last time.....why was it not best for Axl to nip the negativity early on before it peaked to what eventually turned into  an onslaught.

Jesus! I have spent some minutes listing several possible explanations why he might not have been interested and you keep saying "but with that comes consequences".

Take a deep breath and read.

Don't tell me that I don't understand when it's clear that it's impossible to have any kind of conversation with you because you seem to love to look at your own words while disregarding any kind of attempts others might have to have a some what normal discussion with you.

Im commenting that Axls inability to get that very same story out there at a more crucial time cost him in the long run. Capisce?

It seems like you're the one who doesn't get it.....

Since you keep repeating yourself.

"He should've explained  Cry "

What if he didn't because....

"He should've explained  Cry "

People who have an open mind and understand the possible reasons for a decision, that they might not agree with in the first place, don't seem so eager to have a need to point out the wrong in that decision.

Because they understand why the decision was made.

You on the other hand, don't fall into that group. You have no interest in the "whys", you just like to point out how wrong the decision is in your opinion.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1492 on: September 04, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »

If that is so, I can't fault any of that.

Good point.

Maybe he just wasn't interested in another "rock n' roll feud" in the open.....

You also need to look at the past to understand that some of these people back in the late 90s weren't really where they might be today.

So any publicity for them might've been great and welcome.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1493 on: September 04, 2009, 05:25:32 PM »

Thanks for clarifying

I like hearing Axl's side of the story like with the fan interviews and the homework stuff he answered.

I wasn't a big fan of the interview in Billboard where he just sounded really bitter and mean

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: September 04, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

Im thinking Axl speaking out could've hurt his chances in the various lawsuits.
What lawsuits? And how come it didnt...or did it...hurt Slash, Matt,Duff, and basically the whole old gnr crew in their lawsuits?

And thats perectly understanable too. Which is what I personally think he did. But dont come back 10 yrs later and say its totally the medias fault

You keep saying that.

Cop out!

Maybe you could, for once, say: "Ooh, now I get why he possibly didn't do it.... That makes sense to me.".

Instead of the usual broken record routine of "yes, but he didn't so it's weak!".
What am I dodging? With actions comes consequences. His inaction during those early stages had consequences. That is not a cop out.

People who have an open mind and understand the possible reasons for a decision, that they might not agree with in the first place, don't seem so eager to have a need to point out the wrong in that decision.

Because they understand why the decision was made.

You on the other hand, don't fall into that group. You have no interest in the "whys", you just like to point out how wrong the decision is in your opinion.

I have an open mind. which is why I will always love Axl. Despite his inconsitencies and faults. Everyone isnt perfect...even Axl ok

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:29:19 PM by younggunner » Logged

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #1495 on: September 04, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »

I will admit Im wrong in that stance if you could please provide a link to that and or the context of the question...thanks
From 'Axl's Homework Assignment'

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=55296.msg1146678#msg1146678

The 'old lineup' all quit, and Axl had a 'contract' giving him the rights to the name/band...they had very little (legally) to lose, and could have benefitted by baiting him into making public statements.  it is completely understandable why he didn't 'talk sooner'...could he have written up a statement, and had the lawyers read it...yes...but that goes back to my original sarcastic point about the Mona Lisa...it is what it is, appreciate it, hate it, ignore it...it does nobody any good to second guess the past (learning from it is completely different!).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:35:24 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1496 on: September 04, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »

fair enough. I was talking more about the Axl vs bandmates relationship and overall band direction......but the whole stage/name thing was a big talking point in the media onsluaght. So Ill grant you that. But I still personally think he could have commented on other things about the band that had no legal consequence. But in terms of that I stand corrected.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1497 on: September 04, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »

I will say this

read Axl's homework assignment and then read Slash bashing SCott Weiland and I guarantee even the worst Axl hater will look twice and think "HMMMMMMM"

I always put the blame 50/50 but after reading the above...... Im not sayin Axl is an angel and has no blame but I am starting to lean 75/25 for Axl.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #1498 on: September 04, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

What lawsuits? And how come it didnt...or did it...hurt Slash, Matt,Duff, and basically the whole old gnr crew in their lawsuits?
You know - this made me think...we 'know' of 3+ possible cases*...don't we have any members who live in California?  These things should be a matter of public record if they actually made it into the courts?  Someone should do some digging!  A whole new thread we can destroy!   hihi

Seriously, someone must have access...unless they were settled and sealed.

*Band Name/Contract suit, Royalties/switch in publishing co. suit, and the Steven Adler affair (settled out of court I believe).

By the time we get going with this, hopefully we will have a tour to discuss!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:47:19 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1499 on: September 04, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »

Well, Axl has control of the GNR name, so maybe all that shit did hurt Slash and Duff.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: