Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 383926 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1440 on: September 04, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »

whatever, he says "i'll never say good bye" in til
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1441 on: September 04, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »

Can u see Axl really going out and promoting GNR though? He just seems to not be into that kind of stuff anymore.......

Depends what it is I guess.

Jarmo, how many times did GNR really hit the stage after 10:00 but before 11:00.  Between '02 and '06 I saw the band 10 times (not including the Philadelphia fiasco) and only New York in '02 did the band come on any time close to 10:00 pm.  Every other time it was 11:30 at the very earliest.  This isn't an exaggeration, this was my experience; one I'll bet good money was shared by hardcore and casual fans alike.

Of the shows I've seen, all the ones in Japan come to mind.

Stockholm started before 10PM, Download and Dublin started before 9PM.....

That's just the first ones that come to mind.

So there you go.

Most weren't pleased at having to take cabs home because public transit shuts down at 1:30 (some actually left early so they could catch the last train).  

This is an interesting thing that's often attached to GN'R as being something GN'R specific.

The most recent show I saw was Pearl Jam at the O2 in London. I saw a bunch of people leaving before the show ended. It happens!

P.S.  I'll say it again, the argument that there's a downturn in the economy is one of the worst arguments for why there's no tour.

If you read Bumblefoot's quote, you'll see that's not what he meant...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1442 on: September 04, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »

no one would hate to see their fav band being successful and their fav songs loved.

don't worry fellow fans from the us the world loves GNR. Reportedly CD in the first month sold 4 times more abroad than in the us.

I should hope so.  The US represents just a fraction of the total population.  It's a worthless stat.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1443 on: September 04, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »

No, not whatever. I think Prostitute speaks miles towards Axl's thoughts on going out and promoting. Its not just about it, but it relates. There is of course the line in the lyrics about him not Prostituting himself for fortune (and shame). So why are people still wanting him too? I say, leave him the fuck alone. He is Axl. He will do whatever the fuck he wants. But I never thought that would include heavily promoting something like Chinese Democracy. People seem to think this is just like any other record or piece of music. And Axl should do the things that is accepted of other people who make music. He is an artist. Chinese Democracy is good because he isn't like everyone else. And maybe after all is said and done, he has walked away. For how long, only Axl can answer that.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #1444 on: September 04, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »

No, not whatever. I think Prostitute speaks miles towards Axl's thoughts on going out and promoting. Its not just about it, but it relates. There is of course the line in the lyrics about him not Prostituting himself for fortune (and shame). So why are people still wanting him too? I say, leave him the fuck alone. He is Axl. He will do whatever the fuck he wants. But I never thought that would include heavily promoting something like Chinese Democracy. People seem to think this is just like any other record or piece of music. And Axl should do the things that is accepted of other people who make music. He is an artist. Chinese Democracy is good because he isn't like everyone else. And maybe after all is said and done, he has walked away. For how long, only Axl can answer that.

For a guy who worked on making AFD the best selling debut rock record, he's definitely fallen a long way down in promoting the music.
Then again, this was a guy who could have just as easily walked away from it all in 1994 and had his music success and legacy intact for all time.

I guess you could see it coming when he offered by buy back the November Rain music video in 1992.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1445 on: September 04, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »

If Axl wants to be like the Beatles at the end of their career together and not tour and just be a recording band, that's fine.  I would have no problem with that.  But just tell us.  Is that really asking too much.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1446 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »

No, not whatever. I think Prostitute speaks miles towards Axl's thoughts on going out and promoting.

if my intentions are misunderstood....

im saying he won't walk away after telling us he cares with the album.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #1447 on: September 04, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »

Same here.
I don't expect GnR to do anything at all ( tour, video, album ) but I just wish they would say "GnR is still alive" or "GnR is dead"...
I know that it's not Axl's fault that I care but if I remember well, in the chats, he says "I wish more people were supportive".
Well, for one, I am 200 % supportive but just tell me if there is anything left to support  hihi

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1448 on: September 04, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

If Axl wants to be like the Beatles at the end of their career together and not tour and just be a recording band, that's fine.  I would have no problem with that.  But just tell us.  Is that really asking too much.

No. I have said this for a long time. Axl is the only artist I can think of that would excel following their mold.

No, not whatever. I think Prostitute speaks miles towards Axl's thoughts on going out and promoting.

He could have walked away and said fuck everyone, and never gave us Chinese Democracy. But he didn't. He cared enough to actually finish it, and give it to us, gift wrapped with a bow.

"There's not anymore that I can do."

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1449 on: September 04, 2009, 02:40:27 PM »

No. I have said this for a long time. Axl is the only artist I can think of that would excel following their mold.

He could have walked away and said fuck everyone, and never gave us Chinese Democracy. But he didn't. He cared enough to actually finish it, and give it to us, gift wrapped with a bow.

"There's not anymore that I can do."

The difference is the Beatles constantly released material. Axl really doesnt. Regardless if the Beatles toured or not they promoted there albums through other methods ( I:E: interviews, appearances). They released albums every year.

And regarding your other point I think Axl was pressured into releasing the album. Did he care about finishing it? Definitely. But dont for a minute think that he wasnt pressured to release it. Whether we like it or not this is a business. Its always about "what have you done for me lately?" Do you think the label will give them a blank check again to make a new album? I feel that this album had alot riding on it. I thought it was a good album. Promotion wise the ball was dropped big time on all levels.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1450 on: September 04, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »

beatles was a band of the days when rock music was enjoying its dog years.

Well, for one, I am 200 % supportive but just tell me if there is anything left to support  hihi

they don't cos there is.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:46:49 PM by ppbebe » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1451 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

For a guy who worked on making AFD the best selling debut rock record, he's definitely fallen a long way down in promoting the music.

And he's not the same 20-something he was back then. He's way more experienced in the music business than he was at the time.

I don't get why anybody could be surprised at Axl's selective nature regarding promotion, interviews etc. He didn't do a lot of interviews back in the early 90s either.

Interviews with a few journalists here and there plus MTV. That was basically it.

You read some magazine print shit about you for years, so you're just supposed to help them sell more issue by granting them an interview?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1452 on: September 04, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »

And he's not the same 20-something he was back then. He's way more experienced in the music business than he was at the time.

I don't get why anybody could be surprised at Axl's selective nature regarding promotion, interviews etc. He didn't do a lot of interviews back in the early 90s either.

Interviews with a few journalists here and there plus MTV. That was basically it.

You read some magazine print shit about you for years, so you're just supposed to help them sell more issue by granting them an interview?

/jarmo

But Jarmo unfortunately that's the nature of the biz. Magazine's will always talk shit regardless but you need them to help promote your art. They both get the same out of it. One sells magazines the other gets promotion which in turn may lead to more records sold as well as provide a voice to help put certain rumors to rest.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1453 on: September 04, 2009, 03:17:32 PM »

I can understand where Jarmo is coming from on certain things, I mean CD did just come out not even a year ago. Axl did forum chats just 9 months ago............ We do kind of act like we haven't heard from Axl in 5 years. I think the internet and us talking about it everyday makes time seem like it is longer than it actually is.

My wish is that Axl could somehow just keep a consistent lineup. when i first saw the new lineup at RIR III, I was blown away.

I understand Axl doesn't like playing the game and I can't argue with that the way he has been represented, but he does have to give a little if he is going to get back to where he belongs.

I am still SHOCKED there wasn't a huge Rolling Stone piece which is weird cause I thought RS always treated Axl pretty well.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:19:14 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1454 on: September 04, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »

But Jarmo unfortunately that's the nature of the biz. Magazine's will always talk shit regardless but you need them to help promote your art. They both get the same out of it. One sells magazines the other gets promotion which in turn may lead to more records sold as well as provide a voice to help put certain rumors to rest.

I know.

It will stay the same until they realize it hurts them to print shit.

My wish is that Axl could somehow just keep a consistent lineup. when i first saw the new lineup at RIR III, I was blown away.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wished the same, but it's not always up to him....

/jarmo

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1455 on: September 04, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

beasides i believe that smaller venues with the consequent less investment, less possibilities for the technical side of the show (light n sound) woun't make justice to CD or the band, not to mention how some "critics" would have a field day.

I saw them at the Hammerstein and Warfield and the stage show such as light, sound, and pyro wasn't effected at all by the fact the venues were only around 2,500 people.

If anything, the sound quality was superior in these small, intimate venues than in the hockey arenas I later saw the band.

I don't recall Warfield reviews, but am pretty sure the "critics" were extremely impressed with the Hammerstein shows, so I don't see any pertinent danger in getting flack from critics for performing in more intimate venues.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1456 on: September 04, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »

Anyone consider that possibly one of the main reasons Axl had things postponed with the tour was so that he could finish work on the next album?

We all know that finishing what needs to be done for the next album would be near impossible if they were on tour right now. (2006 anyone?) Maybe Axl figured that he would need this time to put the,  nervous, finishing touches on the follow-up to CD and postponed things before they were officially announced. Wouldn't be the first time he's had things cancelled or postponed to finish things up. That said, hopefully Axl was just being evasive about the next album in the Del interview to discourage leaking and come in under the radar.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:49:25 PM by sofine11 » Logged
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #1457 on: September 04, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »

I know.

It will stay the same until they realize it hurts them to print shit.

/jarmo

IMO that?s never going to change. Look at the Dexter chats, he talked in the forums because he wanted to talk directly to us so that his words weren?t twisted or taken out of context. And that was not enough to prevent that because I remember reading some mags and internet articles and they misquoted what Axl said.

I guess some things never change  Sad

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1458 on: September 04, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »

Bumble says he hasn't recorded anything in 4 years though.......... Unless he is just swaying us.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1459 on: September 04, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »

Bumble says he hasn't recorded anything in 4 years though.......... Unless he is just swaying us.

I'm talking about final mixing and mastering....With possibly some additions from DJ.  You never know.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: