Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Guns N Roses GNR Japan EP - learn to spot the fakes!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses GNR Japan EP - learn to spot the fakes!  (Read 2123 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« on: December 16, 2008, 10:44:06 PM »

Real - http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-n-Roses-GNR-Japan-Promo-only-12-Axl-Velvet_W0QQitemZ360113304052QQihZ023QQcategoryZ58657QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Real - http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNS-N-ROSES-JAPAN-PROMO-ONLY-4-TRKS-12_W0QQitemZ260327956210QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16138QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FAKE!!! - http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNS-N-ROSES-paradise-3-RARE-JAPAN-4-trk-EP-RECORD_W0QQitemZ310106697261QQihZ021QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at the record in the third listing carefully.  Look at the 2nd picture of the record, above the Geffen logo.  See that white lining on the outside of the record label (not part of the paper sleeve)?  That shouldn't be there.  In this case though I highly doubt the seller knew it was fake.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »

It could also be explained that the printed label on the fake version was printed with insufficient print bleed that meant when punched out left a slight white border. (The labels would be printed 40-up+ on a sheet and therefore and variance when die-cutting the label could cause a slight white border.)

Or am I missing something else?

Keep em under your wheels.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:01 AM »

It could also be explained that the printed label on the fake version was printed with insufficient print bleed that meant when punched out left a slight white border. (The labels would be printed 40-up+ on a sheet and therefore and variance when die-cutting the label could cause a slight white border.)

Of course all things are possible, but my source on this one is none other than eil.com.  I've purchased many things from them over the years, so they told me how to spot a fake.  I should ask them about Live Like A Suicide.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:47:40 AM »

I laughed.

Description    

Item Specifics - Music: Records   
Genre:    
Rock-n-Roll
      Record Size:    
LP (12-Inch)

Hard Rock
      Speed:    
33 RPM

Condition:    
Used
      Compilation:    
--

This translation is provided as a service. eBay cannot guarantee its accuracy.      View Item Specifics in original language.

Guns n' Roses"GN'R"Japan Promo only Vinyl 12"

Now Out of Print

Please check at My Other Guns n' Roses Items now on Ebay.

from Warner Pioneer Japan in 1989  # PRS-10

Rare Strictly Official Japan Promo only Vinyl 12" from Warner Pioneer Japan in Unique Picture Sleeve.

Rinernotes and Discography are on Back Sleeve.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:10:13 AM »

Of course all things are possible, but my source on this one is none other than eil.com.  I've purchased many things from them over the years, so they told me how to spot a fake.  I should ask them about Live Like A Suicide.

ask em about that green suicide on ebay last week!  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: