Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Jimi Hendrix
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimi Hendrix  (Read 3440 times)
conny
« on: December 05, 2005, 06:18:25 PM »

Anyone check this out yet? It has (almost) the entire performance, I watched it today and it was fantastic. I've been a fan before, didn't think this would blow me away, but it did.

I can recommend this to anyone who likes Hendrix. The DVD set is very good, lots of background info, press conference with Jimi and all, very nice.

If you haven't seen it, check it out, it's great!  ok
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 06:19:57 PM »

It's outstanding. More for the atmosphere surrounding it than the playing, which admittidly wavers sometimes.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 12:51:40 PM »

Yes i got this, its great, i like how it has all interviews and stuff etc.

html sucks
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »

I remember seeing a part of it a long time ago...i didnt realise it was out...is it just the Hendrix concert and noone else from Woodstock?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
conny
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 02:49:49 AM »

Yeah, no one else from that festival, just Jimi's performance, almost complete now, as usual the two songs by Larry Lee are missing and his rhyhtm guitar is inaudible, but at least he gets some attention in the bonus material.

It has two DVD's the first one being a pro shot as known from the Woodstock movie, the other one a grainy low-fi amateur film that shows a lot more of Jimi's hands so this one is a goldmine for guitar players.

The sound is excellent - stereo, DD 5.1 and DTS. Cool press conference with Jimi and Eddie Kramer speaks about the recording and all.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »

The legend that was Jimi Hendrix died in London on the 18th September 1970. The man was and still a legend and in my opinion the greatest and most influencial guitarist in the history of music. Some say the guitar held him back he was that talented. 
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:13:54 AM »

The man was skum. It's pitiful to hear ignorants bastards talk about about great the guy was.

As a musician he was a genius but let's just put it this way; he and axl rose treated women the same way!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

The man was skum. It's pitiful to hear ignorants bastards talk about about great the guy was.

As a musician he was a genius but let's just put it this way; he and axl rose treated women the same way!

what are you? i think you fit the definition of scum, yes its spelt with a C.

R.I.P hendrix!!!! He Was Awesome

html sucks
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 08:36:50 AM »

what are you? i think you fit the definition of scum, yes its spelt with a C.

R.I.P hendrix!!!! He Was Awesome

yes i/m a cunt for not liking women beaters

Read one of the many books about him and read 'room full of mirrors; i

i've just read it all; very shocking. Half of it talks about his childhood and parents.

It doesn't focus on the bad of jimi alot but mentions some horrific things;

jimi beat the mother of his first suspected child with a belt while she was pregnant!

Jimi twice smashed a vodka bottle in his girlfriend carmen's face; she had to go to emergency room on both occasions. The first time the docs thought she was gonna lose her eye!

He beat kathy with a phone becuase he thought she was ringing a guy!

Devon and Kathy aren't the only people who have spoke about Jimi's violence all these people have;
noel
faye
chas
swedish model who had her head smashed against the floor
carmen(HIS GIRLFRIEND)+
at least another dozen witnesses.

On top of that there is diary account written at the time which talk about violent incidents including when Jimi attacked two women in their sleep and started beating them and banging their heads together!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »

this thread is about his music. not his personal life.

how many artists would people not listen to if they were judged by personal life.

jimi was a stoner so its no wonder he was voilent. The Women were probably using him for money anyway.

however this does not mean i agree with beating, but it doesnt make his music crap.

html sucks
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »

I'm sure most fans love him for his guitar and song writing skills. As is usually the case with most musicians. We're not here because Axl or Slash are saints, giving and donating to charity. Hell, most rockers are fuck ups as far as their personal lives are concerned.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:16:20 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »

how many artists would people not listen to if they were judged by personal life.

jimi was a stoner so its no wonder he was voilent. The Women were probably using him for money anyway.

however this does not mean i agree with beating, but it doesnt make his music crap.

By stoner do you mean he smoked weed? You dont get violent when you smoke pot.

RIP. Some of the best music ever written goes to this man and all should show respect.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 03:58:14 PM »

RIP. Some of the best music ever written goes to this man and all should show respect.

oh i always thought weed made people get voilent in time. well who knows.

still surely you agree with me that it doesnt matter on what he did outside of music, his actual music is legendary.

html sucks
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »

still surely you agree with me that it doesnt matter on what he did outside of music, his actual music is legendary.

ha ha what an idiot! weed does not alter anyones's mind; it relaxes the body and WOULD NEVER EVER MAKE ANYONE VIOLENT!
Jimi beat women WHO WERE PROVIDING FOR HIM BEFORE HE WAS FAMOUS!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:57 PM »

ha ha what an idiot! weed does not alter anyones's mind; it relaxes the body and WOULD NEVER EVER MAKE ANYONE VIOLENT!
Jimi beat women WHO WERE PROVIDING FOR HIM BEFORE HE WAS FAMOUS!

sorry but im not a a idiot who takes drugs.

your the idiot here with your "if the musician isnt a nice man/woman there music must be crap" attitude.

html sucks
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Anyways, the guy was just awesome. Ok, I know I'm pretty biased here, but his All Along The Watchtower solo is just genious...

Watching the dvds still makes me wonder what he would do if he didn't died that young...

RIP Jimi. peace

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 07:30:02 PM »

he had an alcohol problem, which made him very violent, his father also mistreated his mother while he was younger.  I'm reading Roomfull of Mirrors.

But still, this is a time to honor his greatness of his musicianship.  He truly break down barriers with his music.  Rest in peace, you were near Godly, Jimi.
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 06:41:31 AM »

he had an alcohol problem, which made him very violent, his father also mistreated his mother while he was younger.? I'm reading Roomfull of Mirrors.

But still, this is a time to honor his greatness of his musicianship.? He truly break down barriers with his music.? Rest in peace, you were near Godly, Jimi.

Yeah i read that book in about 2 hours or less. It's nit the only book which tells of these incidents; it is however 4 years of painstaking research and 300 interviews getting to the truth.

Jimi was an amazing musician though!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »

Jimi Hendrix fans were arguing over whether he followed his famous rendition of the "The Star-Spangled Banner" with a stab at the Welsh national anthem after a mysterious old demo tape emerged.

Producer Dave Chapman stumbled across a squalling electric guitar version of "Land Of My Fathers" on the end of a tape from 1970, which he found at his recording studio in Crouch Hill, north London.

The recording was hidden at the end of a session by a long-forgotten band called the New Flames, whose bass player, Vivian Williams, was good friends with Hendrix.

It recalls the distorted sound of Hendrix's 1969 performance of the United States national anthem at the Woodstock festival.

And it is thought almost certain that Hendrix was in London on September 10, when the New Flames recorded their tape.

This was just over a week before he died at the age of 27.

Chapman found out before his death in 2005 that Williams had brought Hendrix to a pub next door to the Crouch Hill studio days before the guitarist died.

The party drank into the small hours thanks to an after-hours lock-in laid on by the landlord.

Could Hendrix have recorded the Welsh anthem that night? No-one knows, and fans debating the issue on the internet are split.

The tape is now owned by former record producer Martin Davies, who inherited it from Chapman on his death.

He is attempting to track down Vivian Williams, who originally came from the town of Crickhowell, south Wales, and is now thought to be aged 64, in a bid to clear up the mystery.

Hendrix fans can make up their own minds on the recording by listening to it at www.thereddragonhood.com/pages/jimi.html

Source: Yahoo News

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: