Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wimbledon!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon!!!  (Read 18577 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »

Glad Henman lost, little ponse

watching the ESPN wimbledon show Henman got crucified by this woman from the British Press for putting up such a meager effort against Federer....not for nothing but Federer can make the best players look bad
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 12:00:40 PM »

yea but henman is shit and put up no fight

That's a hatrick for Doull
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »

I dont know what's with the british they are supposed to be great in grass but i dont know why the british havent got one good tennis player in the last few years  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Shirell
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »

I dont know what's with the british they are supposed to be great in grass but i dont know why the british havent got one good tennis player in the last few years? Undecided

That's so true, embarrassing isn't it.  We'll have to see how Murray gets on.  Mind you the womens tennis is at least interesting this year.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 04:16:46 PM »

yea but henman is shit and put up no fight

He hust beat Agassi at Quens club few weeks ago; Fedderer is playing a different game on grass than anyone....the only person to beat him this year is Nadal and that's on clay, where Nadal hasn't lost in 60 matches

Some of the shots that guy comes up with just shouldn't be possible to make Huh
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

I dont know what's with the british they are supposed to be great in grass but i dont know why the british havent got one good tennis player in the last few years  Undecided
That's so true, embarrassing isn't it.  We'll have to see how Murray gets on.  Mind you the womens tennis is at least interesting this year.

Murray is Scottish, not British ...and after the anti-Scottish bile and the comments about the Dunblane massacre posted on his blog, even more so

He plays tomorrow, come on Andy!!!

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Shirell
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »

I dont know what's with the british they are supposed to be great in grass but i dont know why the british havent got one good tennis player in the last few years? Undecided
That's so true, embarrassing isn't it.? We'll have to see how Murray gets on.? Mind you the womens tennis is at least interesting this year.

Murray is Scottish, not British ...and after the anti-Scottish bile and the comments about the Dunblane massacre posted on his blog, even more so

In the absence of any dec ent English players, Scotland will do nicely, my hubby is Scottish.

Olorin
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2006, 03:18:09 PM »

Because tennis is a middle class sport here, only the financially well-off have access to facilities.
I loved tennis as a kid but had to play on concrete, broken glass and discarded needles. That was what our tennis courts looked like, not very inspiring, and you give up interest. Grass courts? Never seen one in my life.

Dont mean to sound too bitter here but, middleclass and lower upper class folk dont make champions, they just don't have that killer competitive instinct that poor kids have in abundance.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2006, 04:00:28 PM »

Murray through in straight sets against Roddick...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 04:08:57 PM »

Because tennis is a middle class sport here, only the financially well-off have access to facilities.
I loved tennis as a kid but had to play on concrete, broken glass and discarded needles. That was what our tennis courts looked like, not very inspiring, and you give up interest. Grass courts? Never seen one in my life.

Dont mean to sound too bitter here but, middleclass and lower upper class folk dont make champions, they just don't have that killer competitive instinct that poor kids have in abundance.

Aye, here here.

The closest that I could ever get to playing tennis properly was sharing the courts during lunch break at school... So there were about seven different matches being played simultaneously over one net. Then there was always climbing over the fence of the private tennis court...

Football can be played anywhere with any number of people, and it isn't too difficult for youngsters to excell. Tennis is all far too exclusive....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 06:55:41 PM »

That's so true, embarrassing isn't it.? We'll have to see how Murray gets on.? Mind you the womens tennis is at least interesting this year.

So when Henman was good he was just British but when it's Murray he's Scottish not British?

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

So when Henman was good he was just British but when it's Murray he's Scottish not British?

Didn''t we have this conversation a while back?...lol

Murray likes to be known as Scottish and that is good enough for me

I've never supported Henman, English is British anyway, most people outside Britain couldn't tell the difference while anyone in Britain knows better...when people think of Britain they dont think of Scotland or Ireland or Wales, we have our own identities (well apart from Wales hihi)..Britain = stiff upper lip whatto chocks away, upper class twats, racism, skinheads, the queen whatever and that's the same as the English flag... blame the media...the BBC after happily promoting the England football team as English not British saturating the channels with England this and England that over about 4 weeks, rarely did i hear the word Britain said...and now the BBC suddenly refers to Murray as British or "of the Nation" rather than Scottish while hearing complaints of Murray wearing an armband with a saltire print is inflammatory to English people ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5128028.stm and comments on several messages boards )...what fuckwits...and you complain too!...i think you are smarter than that...

btw last article on the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/5137408.stm
4 "england"s, 1 "briton", no "scottish"

(Winston Churchill)"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »

... Aye.

It's like when the Americans go "he speaks with a British accent''.......... Chances are they probably aren't refering to a good ol' strong Welsh accent.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »

Didn''t we have this conversation a while back?...lol

Murray likes to be known as Scottish and that is good enough for me

I've never supported Henman, English is British anyway, most people outside Britain couldn't tell the difference while anyone in Britain knows better...when people think of Britain they dont think of Scotland or Ireland or Wales, we have our own identities (well apart from Wales hihi)..Britain = stiff upper lip whatto chocks away, upper class twats, racism, skinheads, the queen whatever and that's the same as the English flag... blame the media...the BBC after happily promoting the England football team as English not British saturating the channels with England this and England that over about 4 weeks, rarely did i hear the word Britain said...and now the BBC suddenly refers to Murray as British or "of the Nation" rather than Scottish while hearing complaints of Murray wearing an armband with a saltire print is inflammatory to English people ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5128028.stm and comments on several messages boards )...what fuckwits...and you complain too!...i think you are smarter than that...

btw last article on the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/5137408.stm
4 "england"s, 1 "briton", no "scottish"

Yea we have had this arguement before, I would have gone into more detail if I wanted a full on arguement, it just got to me yesterday with Murray being called Scottish and Henman British, it should be one rule for everyone, either we're all British or we seperate us all.

And about the England football team, if Scotland had made it they'd be all the news aswell, but sadly you're not  Tongue

Evolution
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 12:27:41 PM »

And about the England football team, if Scotland had made it they'd be all the news aswell, but sadly you're not  Tongue

Thing is, in Scotland we get English BBC sports coverage. So your team would be plastered all over our screens even if Scotland made the World Cup.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 12:34:20 PM »

And about the England football team, if Scotland had made it they'd be all the news aswell, but sadly you're not? Tongue

Thing is, in Scotland we get English BBC sports coverage. So your team would be plastered all over our screens even if Scotland made the World Cup.

And to be fair yours would be all over ours if you made it, cos it's the same shows all across Britain...

Evolution
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »

Scottish football gets brushed over in BBC shows like nobodies business.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

... Aye.

It's like when the Americans go "he speaks with a British accent''.......... Chances are they probably aren't refering to a good ol' strong Welsh accent.

heyyy im just saying that welsh is probably the weakest of the 3 Celtic nations in the UK...thats all...boyo Tongue

Yea we have had this arguement before, I would have gone into more detail if I wanted a full on arguement, it just got to me yesterday with Murray being called Scottish and Henman British, it should be one rule for everyone, either we're all British or we seperate us all.

i agree, separation is good for me...i thought you were pro english? shouldnt that mean you should be complaining about the person who said British and not the one that said Scottish?...Tongue

on the BBC news today, "Britons" are waking up from a miserable day of football (or words to that effect)...umm..noo..."we" are overjoyed

Scottish football gets brushed over in BBC shows like nobodies business.

exactly, im not a celtic or rangers fan but they get a gate of 45 or 50+ thousand every week, and are probably in the top 5 supported teams in the UK...and are rarely mentioned in UK broadcasts while English teams of the same gate gets lots of air time...while cricket which has gates of a few thousand gets 3-5 minute slots on the news...do you think thats fair? do you think we are treated equally?...ummm...nowhere near it

(Winston Churchill)"
Shirell
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 04:42:11 AM »

OMG Murray v Roddick, was that an excellent match or what!  I was screaming and when Murray took the second set I managed to spray everyone with the chewed up burger I was munching at the time.  But, what a fantastic result. 
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 03:51:39 PM »

Haha, Murray lost, good, can't stand the little twat

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: