Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)  (Read 102687 times)
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »

That sounds so sweet man.? How was bbf's solo on Better?? Robin's on I.R.S.?

I'm telling you guys right now until you see all these gutarist in person or live you have no idea how good these guys are.? People that are saying Finck sucks have no idea.?

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=18969

Wow poor Robin.? Must not have been too bad though.? I'm really in love with that dude.? This dude loves that dude.? By the way every time I visit that forum I can't wait to get back to this one.? ?ok :

I'm just stating the FACTS.
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2006, 03:26:03 PM »

I bet their was 40,000 to 60,000 there.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

there was a hell of a lot of people at that show, it was easy to get out though.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2006, 03:40:32 PM »

Good show everyone

I hope we can do it again sometime

T.T.
?.?.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

That show ROCKED!!!  I could care less what others say.. it was by far the BEST show I've EVER been to in my life.. I've been to A LOT of rock concerts, including GnR in 92.. Maybe it was the fact that it was so loud, maybe it was the fact that I was still pissed off and hurting from getting hit in the hand with a full water bottle while people are chanting BULLSHIT over and over again, maybed it's the fact that I'm just bias'd, but I'm working on a review of the show (as well as my entire trip out there) that's going to show that Axl and the band have what it takes to make a really good show..

I dunno what people are trying to tell you.. I have no idea how the webcast was, but that was the most adrenaline pumping show I've ever seen.. the crowd was really into it and there were A LOT of people there last night during the whole set..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2006, 04:21:49 PM »

JeRrYFaR
I know we shouldn't care about what others say but can you check the recording later and post what you think of it, as you said, some people here seem to love to bitch about the shows/members judging solely on the boots(and maybe with the prejudices?).

IRS sounded great....  it always sounds great live.... ok

thanks warose. yep I know it was great at rar paris or another. IMO this song is going to be a stairway for the 21st century boys and girls and guitar kids.
I just wanted to know about it at this show, as it on the web scan sounded to me a bit too tight in comparison to the other live versions.

before Better, Axl said something like "if it weren't for you downloading bitches, we wouldn't be here right now."  or something, maybe he meant that because we downloaded the leaks, he was forced to go on tour?  yay we helped axl.

If so, isn't it encouraging for us, the downloading fuckers?  Grin
I only managed to catch the line like "at least this is my take" just before the song.
Cheers WeHeldTogether. Oh and robin is also talented in song writing, I might add.  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:23:46 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2006, 05:19:11 PM »

Guns N' Roses relights fire
Axl Rose leads a solid revamped lineup that wins over some but not all of wee-hour fans at marathon KROQ show

By Ann Powers, Times Staff Writer

"I see fire!" said W. Axl Rose as he peered out at the masses filling the huge Hyundai Pavilion in San Bernardino. He'd spotted a small conflagration somewhere past the loge area, which was soon extinguished. But Rose, the singer and proprietor of the concept called Guns N' Roses, might have been articulating his hopes for the band's first Southern California appearance in 14 years ? a nervy homecoming that could have proved disastrous, but five songs in, was going all right.

Rose did bring the fire, but it wasn't always reciprocated by the fans, who'd been at the amphitheater all day Saturday to witness KROQ's annual Inland Invasion fest. After sets by arena-rock aspirants including Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, Papa Roach and Muse, plus the poignant return of grunge standard-bearers Alice in Chains (with solid new singer William DuVall replacing the deceased Layne Staley, and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park jumping out for a cameo), tens of thousands of black-clad beer drinkers were primed for GNR's onslaught of heavy-metal parking-lot hits. They didn't even riot when Rose took an extra hour to get onstage (around 1 a.m.). But GNR's two-hour set, which relied primarily those hits, only held half the room, as others fled when Rose tried new material or gave one of his three guitarists a lengthy chance to stretch.

Those who stayed enjoyed a rejuvenated Rose. In 2002, when he last unshackled GNR from the studio sessions for the perpetually delayed "Chinese Democracy" album, Rose wasn't really ready to tour: his pipes were rusty, his physique chunky, and his band unable to click. He proved free of those ills this time as he howled through such barn-burners as "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy" or mid-tempo epics including "November Rain," hitting even the high notes.

Still sporting that baffling corn-row ponytail and looking tight around the forehead, the 44-year-old Rose nonetheless reclaimed his mojo. Big rock gestures drew attention to his agility: his patented snake dance, now more of a big-cat prowl but still commanding; speedy runs down the long side-stage ramps; even a leap atop the baby grand as Dizzy Reed (the only band member from GNR's glory days) played the rolling, unreleased ballad "The Blues."

Rose's theatrics verged on mugging, but were perfectly timed. There was a bit of Sinatra-in-Vegas in his approach: Rose is aware that, this late in his career, his gestures could seem hardened, so he throws in a little emotional distance to epoxy the hits his way.

What's grown more flexible is Rose's relationship to his band ? always an autocracy, but now one that leaves a little room for his subordinates to relax. Guitarist Robin Finck, in particular, has grown toward something like equality with Rose; his solos flashed and bubbled, deviating enough from ex-GNR lead guitarist Slash's style that they gave hope that the new Guns N' Roses is becoming more than a replicant. The other two guitarists, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal, demonstrated killer chops but less brio, mostly hewing to notes that replicated the original versions. Still, when Fortus and Finck turned Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" into a sky-is-crying style blues, Slash's memory was almost ? not quite ? washed away.

That guitar interlude was one of many allowing Rose to exit the stage, presumably to rest his voice and maybe slap Sebastian Bach on the back. (The Skid Row singer joined Rose onstage in a chummy run-through of GNR's "My Michelle.") His costume changes, though simpler than Mariah Carey's, were just as frequent, and those absences affected the set's pace. The crowd's mood also sank when the "new" material surfaced. It's not that the prickly "Better" or the abstract but promising "I.R.S." were weak; they just couldn't match the excitement of "Sweet Child O' Mine," songs that reinvented the power ballad, or the exquisitely bittersweet "Patience." Those certified classics got the throng singing, which energized the band, the electricity trickling up until Rose himself gained another layer of rock-star aura.

A few fans could be spotted singing along with the night's four unreleased songs; they're easily available on the Internet. "You downloading ... ? you're responsible for putting us on this gig," Rose chuckled in a rare bit of stage patter. GNR doesn't need Internet buzz to attract fans, any more than Bob Dylan does, but if Rose needs to believe online buzz is bringing GNR back into the light, let him fool himself. Maybe he'll put "Chinese Democracy" up on iTunes.

ann.powers@latimes.com

Source: http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et-invasion25sep25,0,853034.story?coll=cl-music-features
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:22:47 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2006, 05:24:43 PM »

What's grown more flexible is Rose's relationship to his band ? always an autocracy, but now one that leaves a little room for his subordinates to relax. Guitarist Robin Finck, in particular, has grown toward something like equality with Rose; his solos flashed and bubbled, deviating enough from ex-GNR lead guitarist Slash's style that they gave hope that the new Guns N' Roses is becoming more than a replicant. The other two guitarists, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal, demonstrated killer chops but less brio, mostly hewing to notes that replicated the original versions. Still, when Fortus and Finck turned Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" into a sky-is-crying style blues, Slash's memory was almost ? not quite ? washed away.

Sweet! smoking
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

Another bull shit review.
Who fled during the solos or new songs? Everyone  clapped and cheered the new songs and teh solos.
The webcast does not lie

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

That show ROCKED!!!  I could care less what others say.. it was by far the BEST show I've EVER been to in my life.. I've been to A LOT of rock concerts, including GnR in 92.. Maybe it was the fact that it was so loud, maybe it was the fact that I was still pissed off and hurting from getting hit in the hand with a full water bottle while people are chanting BULLSHIT over and over again, maybed it's the fact that I'm just bias'd, but I'm working on a review of the show (as well as my entire trip out there) that's going to show that Axl and the band have what it takes to make a really good show..

I dunno what people are trying to tell you.. I have no idea how the webcast was, but that was the most adrenaline pumping show I've ever seen.. the crowd was really into it and there were A LOT of people there last night during the whole set..

the webcast was awesome...
the show was awesome.
One of the best GNR2006 show.

JeRrYFaR
Rocker

« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »

Agreed.. the review is bullshit, the fans stuck around, there were SEVERAL thousand people left as they were finishing up PC.. yeah, some people left, but I was looking back at the audience occasionally and still saw the grass was almost full, and that place is HUGE... I can only imagine how many people were actually there when GnR finished..

Granted people left, but when you're looking at a venue of 60,000 people (that was full when Alice in Chains came on), even if half the people left, that would still leave at least 30,000 and I highly doubt half the people left..

The reviewers need to get their heads out of their asses.. Axl's voice was very strong last night.. I heard a couple of cracks during the Blues, but that was it.. I was very impressed w/ the show..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et-invasion25sep25,0,853034.story
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »

OK, here's MY review.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked every bands ass!  All these other bands used their distortion and other effects to hide behind their crappy playing.  And no, my head isn't in Axl's ass, you can ask anyone to compare the bands, and GN'R will always come out on top.

It was so cool, Jack and his crew found a way to sneak into Loge, and we then organized everything from there.  We started several GUNS....N'.....ROSES chants.  But then things got ugly.  The lame-brain morons in the Lawn section started throwing bottles (I assume they were full of piss).  So everyone in Loge retaliated.  It was so ugly.  Several families left, and the Loge was *About* half-empty.  And those drunk pot heads started several trash fires that raged on throughout the whole night.  And for the lame-o's that trashed Axl for bailing on Newcastle, SHUT UP!  Several coins missed me by mere inches, it was so scary when out of nowhere, there are coins whizzing past your head.  I got so angry, I caught a bottle and hurled it back to the Lawn morons.  There were bottles and cans flying above us for a good 30 minutes or so.

As SOON as the lights went out and the creepy intro music started, everyone ran to their seats and behaved!  Jack and I started the GN'R chant again, and as soon as Robin did his little Jungle bit, the crowd went wild!  And just as when we were going crazy from the suspense......

"Do you know where the FUCK you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?!?!?!?"  We all went nuts!  It was such a high energy show, I didn't sit down for one minute!  I was going crazy in the middle of the aisle, SCREAMING the lyrics at the top of my lungs for about 2 and a half hours.  I was jumping up and down, I was like a fucking cheerleader.  Axl kept staring at me (in a nice, loving way), since I was right in the middle, in front of him (a wee bit back, but still good).  And I kept calling the shots, when I shouted better, he played Better...I yelled out IRS, he played IRS.  (No, I didn't ORDER him...I just remembered the past setlists! Grin)

The best part was Paradise City!  I was going nuts with everyone during PC, and then right after the Hooooooome part, the solo, I just went nuts and starting bouncing off everyone and we started a little mosh pit in the aisle.  We couldn't tell anyone apart, and we accidently decked a security member.  Once we realized what happened, we helped the bloke up and behaved for the rest of the time...but we still had fun!  It was so much fun getting high fives from everyone, all the fans were like brothers!  People kept thanking me for the last part, and I got a lot of credit, because I was the smallest guy there, but I had a lot of spirit and fight in me.  love  We just had a kick ass time.

The 3 guitarist onslaught is just incredible!  They are such good players.  I have always been a fan of these guys, so it was such a pleasure to hear them.  Robin owned the first 3rd of the setlist, with his crazy shred solo and echo effects....Richard owned the second half...his solo+Beautiful won over the crowd...and Bumble owned with his shredding solo+Don't Cry.  Everyone was singing!

The reason energy was low is that people were partying the whole day, and past midnight, people started leaving, because they had their children with them and they were tired.  It doesn't mean the show sucked.  And to the MYGNR poster....you were probably drunk and had smoked a lot of pot, because you are obviously making shit up.  There were no anti-Axl chants, and there were absolutely no Slash chants at all!  Get a life, or better yet, go get the help that you need at a rehab facility!

Ooh, I get some Paradise City confetti!  Grin

If you guys have any questions, ask away!  You'll get a straight answer from me.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2006, 06:41:53 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot.. I've got some of the confetti in my pocket.. Smiley

Great review.. I'm still working on mine.. mine's more like a story of the drive to get there, and how it all started, etc..

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2006, 06:45:50 PM »

Yeah, I gotta write up the rest too. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2006, 08:22:50 PM »

Another bull shit review.
Who fled during the solos or new songs? Everyone  clapped and cheered the new songs and teh solos.
The webcast does not lie

This is DEFINITLY not a bullshit review Dave. Half the audience was gone by the end of the show. I was there.

Anyways.. my review

First.. the riots before the show were awesome.. all my friends were bitching n being all "dude Axl isn't gonna show up!" but I knew he would so the rioting just made the experience more "GNR" in my opinion.

As soon as the intro started EVERYBODY shut up. It was insane! And the intro ruled!

Jungle, ISE, Mr. Brownstone and Live And Let Die were AWESOME. Nothing compares to the energy they put out in those 4 songs. Pretty awesome and the highlight of the night.

Robin's guitar solo was solid... and SCOM was pretty good (although I didn't really feel the solo)...

KOHD was really great though.. seriously I loved it. Singing along was great... Axl just makes everything he says sound so funny.. "Come on Inland Invaders.."

And people started moshing to YCBM... that kicked ass.

It started going downhill at Dizzy's piano solo.. people started sitting down or leaving... to be fair, it was pretty late.. and people had been there all day.. but still. People were not buying the very long solo.. likely cause a bunch of the crowd probably doesn't even know Ziggy Stardust... lame.

The downhill trend continued with The Blues... which was very good, but the crowd didn't know it at all. Most people seemed confused... I liked it alot though.. even if I prefer the '02 version.

The guitar duet seemed a bit strange. Like off time or something.. but it was cool! Same thing as with Dizzy's solo though.. people started to leave.

Out Ta Get Me... I really don't remember the reaction... mine or the crowds. I think people were starting to get tired. I enjoyed the song though.

Things picked up around November Rain! That was great. Everyone was standing and enjoying the song... I loved it. The solos were played perfectly.. and there was just tons of emotion.

Better KICKED ASS. Seriously.. the heavy part was awesome. The crowd didn't go crazy for it.. but when the record comes out.. its gonna be a crowd favorite. It was just greatttttt!

My Michelle with Seb was awesome too! Me and Garry were screaming "BACHHH!!! BACHH!! SEBASTION BACHHH!" before the song.. and hell, we were right!

IRS wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.. and the crowd continued to leave.. but it was still fun singing the chorus!

Patience was great.. honestly.. one of my favorite songs of the night.

Nightrain was cool.

Rocket Queen was a nice surprise! But people STILL left during it cause of an extended intro...

Maddy was sweet! I loved it. But for the general crowd it was a sit down or leave song.

And last.. and certainly not least.. Paradise City. Wow. Garry, Jon and I all went into the aisle and started a mosh pit with these other GNR fans.. it was awesome! Just when it was starting to get big though security broke it up.. =/. But it was cool meeting other fans and having a great time.

------------------------------------
All in all.. when Chinese Democracy comes out and people are familar with the new songs.. this band is going to be a force to reckon with in the US. As of right now though, Axl needs to make sure he keeps the momentum up.. especally when people have been up since 5 AM (me) and will fall asleep if given the chance. GNR showing up late and starting a mini riot was awesome for me.. but most of the people were freaking out.. and most of the people were pissed.. =/.

So.. I believe GNR can do it.. and I seriously loved their show.. but theres just some things they need to fix.
-----------------------------------
And why isn't Fortus main lead? That guy KILLS! In my opinion the order of the guitarists should be Fortus, Bumble, and Finck. Not Finck, Fortus, Bumble.

I guess thats up to Axl though. Plus, Robin has been in GNR longer than the other two...
-----------------------------------
And a big fucking "Thank You For Being So Awesome" to AxlsMainMan" and his dad! They were cool.

And a big SUPER AWESOME THANK YOU TO GARRY! Wo0o0o. Thanks for helping us ditch the crappy lawn seats! Thanks for moshing n shit with us.. it was great hanging out with you man and we gotta do it more often!  peace.

Oh yeah, Gracie says your personality is "adorable."

Jasjit said "Dude Garry is fucking awesome for helpin us in!"

and Jon said "Dude Garry is gay."... or was that your mom?! DAYUM. Jk.
------------------------------------
Anyways I'll have pictures... a video of WTTJ... a video of PC... and a video of the riot up soon!  hihi The riot was class. I loved it. Made my first GNR experence seem legit.

One last thing... my review might seem somewhat negitive cause I said alot of people left.. but its true.. im just being realistic. If Axl wants to make his show better he'll have to do a few things. I for one LOVED the show.... it was great... but im not gonna say it was flawless.

Awesome though.

TTYL guys

gnrevolution.com
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2006, 08:23:22 PM »

Cant wait for the reviews!!
Partyslammer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

I passed on yesterday's show once I heard of the two Universal Ampitheater dates in December.   I read elsware on this thread that decent tickets were tough to get but I had no trouble pulling GA Orchestra Pit tickets on Ticketbastard from Friday afternoon to 10am Saturday. It took a lot of effort not to snap on up but quite honestly, I really hate that shithole in Devore.  As it stands, I managed to score an excellent 5th row Orchestra (EE) in secion 4 for the Sunday show and I'm actually looking forward to finally checking out the band for the first time since the LA Coluseum date in the early 90's with Metallica.

T.B.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »

Just got back to Boston from the show. ?I'm really tired (only 4hours of sleep) ?I will give you all a full review of the show - but as a teaser - IT WAS UN-FREAKIN REAL

I loved it.

Wake up. . . .time to die
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2006, 10:12:41 PM »

as far as the people leaving go, first off, it was a festival show, not everyone was the to see GnR. Second, it was getting really late.  And third, the loge is what emptied out, but that was due to getting pissed on by flying piss bottles. There was still a hell of a lot of people there.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: