Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)  (Read 102425 times)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2006, 02:10:45 AM »

That picture looks like Robin's Guitar is in Axl's ass. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2006, 02:12:07 AM »

hmm well it was sort of dark already so i could of been brown or blonde hair i remember someone with a blue bandana and a black leather jacket. if that was you then i was right next you, i was wearing my gnr shirt from nyc, i only saw one other person with a nyc shirt out of everyone that was there
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2006, 02:14:28 AM »

No, I was never behind the barricade, I hung out awhile on the walkway between Loge and Lawn....
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2006, 02:16:18 AM »

oh alright... man my friend bought a 3row orc seat ticket from a scalper for 30$ last night i would of bought that sucker but you never know if they sell you a fake or real ticket
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2006, 02:19:08 AM »

Yeah, I was gonna do that too, but the very thing crossed my mind!  They were ALL OVER the parking lot...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »

yeah, well cya later got school tomorrow  confused
sswalk5
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2006, 06:05:18 AM »

that was fucking awesome!
the only bad thing was that my seat was the first one of a row, so the fucking security guys were all the time asking me for my ticket to make sure i was on the right seat.. after the 3rd time i said wtf! can i see the fucking show? and 2 guys grabbed me and took me up to the entrance of orchestra.. i was so pissed off.. then i went all the way to the front, behind the pit and they didnt find me!  hihi
the last show i saw was in brazil, rock in rio 3 (2001), and this one was also pretty damn good!
see ya

01/14/2001, Rock in Rio 3, Rio de Janeiro
09/23/2006, Inland Invasion, Devore
12/17/2006, Round 1, Los Angeles
12/19/2006, Round 2, Los Angeles
12/20/2006, Round 3, Los Angeles
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2006, 12:23:26 PM »

The show definatley ROCKED! I've never seen so many people wearing GN'R shirts gathered in one place. It was cool. I'm also glad I wasn't the only one singing along with the new songs. The guy further down my row was as well and when I moved up a couple rows he also moved up. Good job!
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2006, 01:09:15 PM »

OK ? Here?s my review 

First I will give you a brief idea of what my day was like.

I flew in from Boston, MA a few days before the show and stayed in Long Beach, CA.  On the morning of the show I drove to Ontario, CA and checked into my hotel there.  I got to the venue sometime around 12:30ish.  It was great walking around the parking lot because most of the people tailgating were blasting GN?R.  It was my understanding that KROQ fans are not really into GN?R, but you would never have know as there were so many GN?R shirts in the crowd.  I would probably say 3 of 5 people wore GN?R Shirts.  I flew out by myself so I pretty much just walked around for most of the day drinking tons of water (I spent $60 just on water) as it was in the 90?s all day). The other bands on the bill were pretty good ? I didn?t really sit in my seats until GN?R came out, but I could hear them throughout the venue.

So now to the good stuff ? The sun finally set and I could breath again without the hot sun soaking into my body ? and I knew that the GN?R show was right around the corner.  After Alice and Chains came out there was an hour in-between the set to allow for the GN?R stage to get set.  I was walking around, getting my last beer and bathroom break so I wouldn?t have to move while the GN?R show was on.  It was only 9:30 and the fans were getting tired and less patient after burning in the sun drinking all day.

It?s now 10:15 and there are still no signs of Axl and crew and the fans are getting restless.  The venue had videos of random bands playing on the big screens.  Around 10:30 the fans in the lawn started a few fires and I thought that the show was going to get delayed until they put them out.  Thankfully at 10:45 the lights went down and the GNR intro started ? and the fans went absolutely nuts. (In all fairness to the band ? the road crew was not finished with the stage until 10:30 and the stage was only empty for 15 minutes or so).

The band opened with the traditional Welcome to the Jungle, its So Easy & Brownstone.  Axl was on fire and won over 95% of the crowd that had any doubt. The pyro was awesome which always drew cheers from the audience.  Live and Let Die was followed by a well received Robin Fink solo and Sweet Chile O?Mine.  At this point the band was tight and flawless ? Axl stormed the stage with his classic snake like dances and moved energetically thought the show.  His voice was on-target and sounded better than he did during the 2 shows I saw in NY (Which I didn?t think was possible).  After Sweet Child the band went into the newest version of Knockin on Heavens Door which I thought was un-freakin real and well received.  At this point in the show you could see that the crowd was starting to drag a bit.  In my opinion it was not due to the band, but more because of the 10 hours of drinking in the sun, partying.  The band went into a piano moving jam (which I like) and broke into a Dizzy solo (Ziggy Stardust) and then The Blues followed by band introduction. Between the Piano IN Jam, Dizzy Solo, The new song, Piano OUT Jam and Band introductions, the crowd seemed to have lost its energy ? there was way too much of a lull to keep a crowd energetic after such a long day.  That being said, the band broke into Out Ta Get Me, which was well executed, and brought most of the crowd back. Out Ta Get ME was followed by another piano moving Jam, the Epic November Rain, another Band Jam and the new song Better.  Although November Rain an d Better were played unfuckin believable and at their best ? I think with-in the short period of time the fans heard 4 Jams, 2 solo?s, band intro?s, 2 new songs & 2 old songs ? this is where I think they had a hard time keeping the crowd ? at this point is when a chunk of fans had left ? probably just because from fatigue and the 45 min or so of unfamiliar music ? on the softer side of rock.

That being said, the Pit, Orc, Loge and Lawn seats were still 89% full at this point which I think is unbelievable.  Things started to pick up again after the flawlessly performed Better.  Axl came out and introduced his old friend Baz and they tore threw the old classic My Michele ? this was one of my many highlights ? it?s amazing how strong Axl?s voice is after all these years.  Ron Thol was introduced and performed his solo which included the fan favorite Don?t Cry. I.R.S. was the next song played followed and the lighter igniting Patience and the show ending Nightrain.  I.R.S showed both old and new fans that this band is not ready to quit ? they are in this for the long haul.  Nightrain just freakin Wowed me ? again ? how can Axl?s voice still be that powerful ? he tore through that song like a freight train (pun intended) and he finished the song with his traditional ?Good Fucking Night?.  At this point people started to leave as they were most likely unfamiliar with the set and did not know there would be an encore (why would they, none of the other bands had?)  Well I new better ? along with thousand s of other fans. The lights flickered and the band slams into (one of my favorites) Rocket Queen, the epic Madagascar which again performed flawlessly and finished up with a roaring crowd of support in Paradise City.

After the show that started at 10:45am and ended at 1:20am I went to my hotel in Ontario (20 min away ? but got there at 2am due to traffic) went to bed for 4 hours ? woke up drove to Long Beach to grab a flight to Boston which I arrived at 7pm ? long two days ? but well worth every minute of it.

Now that you have read my brief description of how the show went ? I will give you a few of my opinions.

1. Axl looked and sounded great throughout the whole show ? I can?t pick one moment in which I thought he was less than perfect.  I even liked the little ?Nice Boys? ditty he did with Baz before My Michele.

2. The band is tight ? although I loved the original group ? this new band has won me over and I am a believer.

3. The set list for me was perfect ? I understand why they play the Appetite songs and they sound great.  I think they could space out the solo?s and ballads so they don?t run together to keep the energy, but I think they should keep them in the set.

4. Sound was great ? the mix seemed perfect (no Technical Difficulties).

All-in-all it was one of the greatest GN?R shows I have ever seen. As corny as it may sound, they made me proud to be a Guns N? Roses fan.

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2006, 01:26:25 PM »

You're such a nice guy illusionone. No negativism at all.
I think for guns the venue was more like only 75-80% full, but when it has capacity of 65,000+ that is still something.
I thought what happened between Lawn and Loge sucked....That probably forced alot of innocent people to leave.
I go to many concerts and why is it that the biggest idiots I only see at GN'R concerts? Throwing shit on stage and at each other, starting fights, strating fire, even throwing fired objects at each other, chanting "bullshit" during the wait......whatever.
Great performance I agree but I was disappointed with Axl's lack of interaction with the crowd. If you saw the Vegas or SF shows you'll know what I mean. That said I was still pretty stoked since I got alot of interaction with Robin and Ron. I was in the pit.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

by the way, I don't think this venue holds anywhere near 60,000.  I think 45,000 is the MAX (sold out Ozzfest last year).
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2006, 01:34:43 PM »

by the way, I don't think this venue holds anywhere near 60,000.? I think 45,000 is the MAX (sold out Ozzfest last year).

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/453
"Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen is the nation's largest amphitheater, with the capacity to accommodate over 65,000 people. Located where the 15 and 215 freeways meet in Devore, the Pavilion hosts some of Southern California's biggest concert events."

There were at least 1000 in the pit alone. During AIC's set it was hard to breathe there. Some fights broke up during the wait for guns and people got thrown out and it felt comfortable after that.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

OK, here's MY review.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked every bands ass!? All these other bands used their distortion and other effects to hide behind their crappy playing.? And no, my head isn't in Axl's ass, you can ask anyone to compare the bands, and GN'R will always come out on top.

It was so cool, Jack and his crew found a way to sneak into Loge, and we then organized everything from there.? We started several GUNS....N'.....ROSES chants.? But then things got ugly.? The lame-brain morons in the Lawn section started throwing bottles (I assume they were full of piss).? So everyone in Loge retaliated.? It was so ugly.? Several families left, and the Loge was *About* half-empty.? And those drunk pot heads started several trash fires that raged on throughout the whole night.? And for the lame-o's that trashed Axl for bailing on Newcastle, SHUT UP!? Several coins missed me by mere inches, it was so scary when out of nowhere, there are coins whizzing past your head.? I got so angry, I caught a bottle and hurled it back to the Lawn morons.? There were bottles and cans flying above us for a good 30 minutes or so.

As SOON as the lights went out and the creepy intro music started, everyone ran to their seats and behaved!? Jack and I started the GN'R chant again, and as soon as Robin did his little Jungle bit, the crowd went wild!? And just as when we were going crazy from the suspense......

"Do you know where the FUCK you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?!?!?!?"? We all went nuts!? It was such a high energy show, I didn't sit down for one minute!? I was going crazy in the middle of the aisle, SCREAMING the lyrics at the top of my lungs for about 2 and a half hours.? I was jumping up and down, I was like a fucking cheerleader.? Axl kept staring at me (in a nice, loving way), since I was right in the middle, in front of him (a wee bit back, but still good).? And I kept calling the shots, when I shouted better, he played Better...I yelled out IRS, he played IRS.? (No, I didn't ORDER him...I just remembered the past setlists! Grin)

The best part was Paradise City!? I was going nuts with everyone during PC, and then right after the Hooooooome part, the solo, I just went nuts and starting bouncing off everyone and we started a little mosh pit in the aisle.? We couldn't tell anyone apart, and we accidently decked a security member.? Once we realized what happened, we helped the bloke up and behaved for the rest of the time...but we still had fun!? It was so much fun getting high fives from everyone, all the fans were like brothers!? People kept thanking me for the last part, and I got a lot of credit, because I was the smallest guy there, but I had a lot of spirit and fight in me.? love? We just had a kick ass time.

The 3 guitarist onslaught is just incredible!? They are such good players.? I have always been a fan of these guys, so it was such a pleasure to hear them.? Robin owned the first 3rd of the setlist, with his crazy shred solo and echo effects....Richard owned the second half...his solo+Beautiful won over the crowd...and Bumble owned with his shredding solo+Don't Cry.? Everyone was singing!

The reason energy was low is that people were partying the whole day, and past midnight, people started leaving, because they had their children with them and they were tired.? It doesn't mean the show sucked.? And to the MYGNR poster....you were probably drunk and had smoked a lot of pot, because you are obviously making shit up.? There were no anti-Axl chants, and there were absolutely no Slash chants at all!? Get a life, or better yet, go get the help that you need at a rehab facility!

Ooh, I get some Paradise City confetti!? Grin

If you guys have any questions, ask away!? You'll get a straight answer from me.

This guy nailed it.  I was there and it went just like this.  Wasn't the intro to Jungle bad ass or what.  It gave me shivers.  Then Robin teases us with his guitar it was incredible.  HE is right until you see these guitarist in person it doesn't do them jealous.  They seem to feed off each other.  Nightrain and Paradise with these guitarist in downright amazing.  They started playing Nightrain and started to get a little depressed because I knew they were just going to play Paradise City and thats it.  Boy was I wrong.  Rocket and Maddi came next it.  Hell yes I thought.  It was funny because after nightrain everybody thought it was over, but soon as Rocket came on everybody rushed back to their seats.  Wasn't the intro to rocket queen bad ass too.  It was longer than usual.  And then Paradise City.  I was in heaven.  If any of you get a chance go see these bad ass musicians, DO IT.  It will  blow any music nowdays away TRUST ME.
By the way I think I saw your little mosh pit when they were doing Paradise.  I was in LOGE 6.  If I'm correct you were on the left of me in the aisle doing the mosh.  You were right in the midddle of the stage but in the loge right.  One of the BEST NIGHTS I EVER HAD. peace
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2006, 03:02:54 PM »

Thanks for the compliments!  Cheesy

Dude, EVERYTHING was bad ass!  I loved how everyone ran to their seat when the intro music came on...WOW!  Shocked

And yes my friend, that's the mosh pit you saw!  I started it!  Grin  I was in loge 7, to the left of your section.  What an amazing night!
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2006, 03:06:47 PM »

Thanks for the compliments!? Cheesy

Dude, EVERYTHING was bad ass!? I loved how everyone ran to their seat when the intro music came on...WOW!? Shocked

And yes my friend, that's the mosh pit you saw!? I started it!? Grin? I was in loge 7, to the left of your section.? What an amazing night!

I was right next to you in LOGE 6 and row M almost parrelel to you guys, but I was in the middle of row M.  I was the one standing on my seat the whole time with My shirt off.  AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2006, 04:01:48 PM »

I was in Loge 5, Row Y.. *but* when the "riots" started, I moved to the front of Loge and found someone had left before that, so my wife and I were in the very front of Loge for the rest of the night.. Smiley

Even jumped the barrier when 'Paradise City' started.. Cheesy

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »

Cool beans man, I benefited from people leaving as well, I got to watch the show with my buds.

All hell broke loose during Paradise City, we didn't give a fuck about rules and there was nothing security could do.

Is it me, or was it annoying when they kept pacing up and down the aisles with their pussy little flashlights?  And how they kept checking my ticket everytime I left my section....I'm like, "Dude, don't you remember me?"
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »

Yeah no shit man.. it was the SAME security EVERY time I went back and forth.. they STILL checked..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2006, 05:37:51 PM »

Seriously. 

The security proved incompetent.  They couldn't even put out fires.  And keep some form of law n' order.  no
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »

hmm well it was sort of dark already so i could of been brown or blonde hair i remember someone with a blue bandana and a black leather jacket. if that was you then i was right next you, i was wearing my gnr shirt from nyc, i only saw one other person with a nyc shirt out of everyone that was there
I was wearing my Hammerstein Shirt maybe the guy you saw was me I was in the pit front dead center fucing great show sound was even better than vegas plus more energy beer
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: