Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racial pride and prejudism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racial pride and prejudism  (Read 28743 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 03:02:32 PM »

i have very mixed views on this sort of thing and i never can generally make my mind up.

ok the best example of the type of things that piss me off are, funnily enough today, myspace bulletin someone had sent round some chain mail of a poem taking piss out of chavs, now thats fine cause i hate chavs. the chorus though was t he bit that annoyed me "x white chavs", i found that rather annoying as there are many, black and indian etc chavs too, so why single out the whiteman, yes, the stereotypical chav is white, but they base themselves on stereotypical black rapper icons. and if someone had put a song saying "x black chavs" there would have been account lockings etc and i just find the racial balancing very biased.

i agree on the everyone lives on the same planet, but when youve got idiots like Hitler (making people have something against germans) or i cant even remember his name the man that organised 9/11 (making people very, in a way scared of the middle eastern born community) i think racial equality just wont be gained. i mean humans are naturally competative, so competing races is probably natural.

anyways thats my oppinion lol. btw may i make very clear now i have no problem with any other race, i treat every person with the same attitude. They are fine with me and i will be fine with them, if they choose to be a dick and become a problem in my life then i will do the same.

html sucks
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 03:39:11 PM »

This is a difficult one for me. I'm sure a lot of you know that I'm very liberal in my beliefs, so in that respect I have a certain disregard for national boundaries and cultural difference. But at the same time I love my country (Ireland) and am proud of it's history, it's heritage and it's various cultural activities; traditional music, sports etc. I suppose if I was made to choose I would be in favour of nationalism provided it is passive, I see nothing wrong with someone being proud of their country, as long as this doesn't breed hatred or prejudice, and that there is a respect for other cultures, for instance I have an interest in far Eastern cultures such as Japan, as well as many others, i.e Africa, France.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 03:40:21 PM »

whatever... who cares... yeah we do everything the best... and you know it... who cares what your poll says or who can find what on what map...means shit to me.... dont care... fuck it.. coz i bet what ever kind of silly country you sititng in right now hasnt been to the moon or sent things to mars or even has shit to do with dick in the big picture... piss off..

Clearly the good 'ole U.S. of A also has the best education system in the world too. ?rofl

And everyone who's from a loser silly country better make way for #1!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »

whatever... who cares... yeah we do everything the best... and you know it... who cares what your poll says or who can find what on what map...means shit to me.... dont care... fuck it.. coz i bet what ever kind of silly country you sititng in right now hasnt been to the moon or sent things to mars or even has shit to do with dick in the big picture... piss off..

Clearly the good 'ole U.S. of A also has the best education system in the world too.  rofl

haha *resists saying alot of things to own  kockstar999s ass* it would get political if i said what i though to you.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 04:58:18 PM »

my country ahs probably invented more things per head than any other country in the world dimwit

the country i live in, invented television, telephones, tarmac, radar, logarithms, whisky, anaesthesia, the first cloned mammal,  microwave ovens and the modern day economics your country now uses.

hehe i think i know what country you are reffering to  peace , but you forgot one thing.....hovis best of both  rofl

on the the more serious side. his kockstars earlier comments saying that egypt was of no importence was absolutly retarded, they were one of the first civilisations, they built things like the pyramids (which later inspired pyramid tea bags) when they had no machines, some of the things today that t hey made cannot be understood, there whole relationship to do with the stars is very interesting stuff.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

Clearly the good 'ole U.S. of A also has the best education system in the world too.  rofl

Don't make us come up there and "liberate" you............
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 07:05:24 PM »

Sure, things aren't looking up for us at the moment, but come on.  It's so cool to bag on us Yanks, but when another Hitler comes around, who ya gonna call?

Id call for the country that removed Hitler and took Berlin hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »

Ooohhh, I'm so cool!  I hate the United States!  Yeah, who needs those Yankees!

You guys are so unappreciative of all the good we do.  Sure, things aren't looking up for us at the moment, but come on.  It's so cool to bag on us Yanks, but when another Hitler comes around, who ya gonna call?  The U.S. of A., that's who!

And too much nationalism leads to radical movements, i.e. Arab cultures and the like.  Everything in moderation kiddies!

problem there is. every war ive seen the USA come into, and late, is because they would financially benefit.

oh and not to mention your leader is insane and a threat to the world until he is removed. anyways ignore that but it had to be stated.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 08:18:22 PM »

No, I won't ignore it Mr. Lee, because you are absolutely correct!  But the horizon doesn't look too bright, his brother Jeb is on the way.  I wish we could enact a policy of "Splendid Isolation."  The last honest war was WW2.  And Vietnam. (to a certain degree)

I wouldn't worry about Jeb, after Dubyas run nobody will want another Bush, not for a while anyway.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »

Just wait 'til the Religious Right endorses him Wink

It ain't gonna happen............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »

Everybody is jumping ship. W has hit an political iceberg and is sinking fast. Do you really think that his stupid brother will have a chance after this mess?
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »

and what is turkey about smart guy? who gives a god damn rats ass about turkey or chad or egypt or venezuala or any of those other no name shit places on the map that dont mean shit about anything... if they were so concerned about trying to emphasize thier history and cultrue then stop trying to act american. dont buy our clothes or watch our movies or listen to our bands.. listen to some bullshit turkey band or a band from Chad.... bet you they dont want to do that coz you know why? it sucks. it would suck shit.... you just proved my point... americans do it better and thats fact... you cant post whatever shit you want about our problems and what you want but still you all wear levi jeans, listen to guns n roses, drink jack daniles and smoke marlboro smokes...? all american made...

jack daniels...i wouldnt exactly call that real whisky? hihi drink Scottish whisky, you know, the real stuff? hihi

and btw, after a wee search, marlboro was actually begun in London? hihi

Levi Strauss was born in Germany? hihi

oh and Slash just happens to be English, not completely American made you know? hihi

thats why i said we have the best of all the countries.... doesnt matter where it came from origanly its american now isnt it?
Brody
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 10:16:41 PM »

I am proud to be an American. I'll fly my flag where ever and how ever I want .There is nothing wrong with flying the flag or being patriotic. I have a cross with an American flag on one leg and then an Italian flag tattooed on my forarm.

How could you not take pride in who you are and where you came from and who your ansesters(sp?) were.

1st your ancesters are certainly not from the us of a.
second, the fact that you can't spell some of your language words makes it all funny Smiley

Im damn proud to be american.. and my ancestors are americans.. Maybe you just have nothing to be proud of.. when was the last time the french had something to be proud of? I have nothing against the french but its pretty funny when they bash americans..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »

when was the last time the french had something to be proud of?

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »

problem there is. every war ive seen the USA come into, and late, is because they would financially benefit.

90% of wars, at least, are fought for economic reasons. The first law of economics is scarcity. Fundamental beliefs in biology are that all species reproduce more than needed, and the strong survive. Putting these 2 fields together explains most wars.
Brody
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 02:39:47 AM »

US vs. EU on foreign aid

Europeans frequently criticize the U.S. for not giving as much foreign aid as they do. The Oxford Analytica think tank, though, has gone beyond governmental giving and concluded that "if private donations are included in this analysis, the United States is among the most generous donor countries in the world." The U.S. governmentally gave 16.3 billion dollars in aid in 2003, but religious organizations contributed $7.5 billion, private foundations and corporations $6 billion, and universities $2.3 billion by providing scholarships that support students from developing countries. Individuals also made donations. Europeans give much less privately, often believing that social problems should be taken care of by governments.

Ahh Bleeding heart european liberals are quick to hate the US.. But lets see them empty there pockets!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »

Stay on topic.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:44 AM »

US vs. EU on foreign aid

Europeans frequently criticize the U.S. for not giving as much foreign aid as they do. The Oxford Analytica think tank, though, has gone beyond governmental giving and concluded that "if private donations are included in this analysis, the United States is among the most generous donor countries in the world." The U.S. governmentally gave 16.3 billion dollars in aid in 2003, but religious organizations contributed $7.5 billion, private foundations and corporations $6 billion, and universities $2.3 billion by providing scholarships that support students from developing countries. Individuals also made donations. Europeans give much less privately, often believing that social problems should be taken care of by governments.

Ahh Bleeding heart european liberals are quick to hate the US.. But lets see them empty there pockets!

Just stop it.

The foreign aid is based on GDP, and the USA places near the bottom.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 05:44:13 AM »

I am proud to be an American. I'll fly my flag where ever and how ever I want .There is nothing wrong with flying the flag or being patriotic. I have a cross with an American flag on one leg and then an Italian flag tattooed on my forarm.

How could you not take pride in who you are and where you came from and who your ansesters(sp?) were.

1st your ancesters are certainly not from the us of a.
second, the fact that you can't spell some of your language words makes it all funny Smiley

Im damn proud to be american.. and my ancestors are americans.. Maybe you just have nothing to be proud of.. when was the last time the french had something to be proud of? I have nothing against the french but its pretty funny when they bash americans..

first, if you read what i said, you'd understand that i dont care about my nationality or country, so bash the french as you want, it makes me smile Smiley

second, i say it again, your ancestors are not americans, their most likely french, irish, belgian, or what ever, ..... unless you're a native american.

Wink

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 05:48:22 AM »

US vs. EU on foreign aid

there was an article about that in today's paper
an example,
private american foundation donations,
                   3 billions for foreign issues
                   30 billions for national issues

but lets not go on that matter, american private foundation do a lot and give a lot, so that's good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: