Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins  (Read 51485 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »

I sure hope you're right about that.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »

The Charlie's Angels movies were awful. Uh oh.......

doesnt matter...Christian Bale is one of the best actors in the world today...it will be hard to mess up a movie that has him in it...

No actor is immune from making bad movies......at the end of the day its the directors vision..

its like saying 88 minutes was goign to be good because of al pacino.....or Rocky and bullwinkle because of Robert dinero
guns_n_motley
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 07:53:10 AM »

oh btw guys...its been confirmed that they will be shooting for a PG-13 movie....its all over the net..
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »

I'll be the first one to say it so no one else can...

Gn'R are coming out with a song on the soundtrack!  Roll Eyes

there i said it

I liked the first 3 pretty good, especially the first 2. I think it's time to leave the series alone though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 01:24:21 PM »

Charlie's Angels director McG will take the helm on the movie,

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

I read in an online article that james cameron recommended that director to the movie company...so maybe hes not that bad lol.

He's not.  At least not IMHO.

I agree, though...Charlie's Angel's sucked.

But the show he's involved with..."Supernatural"..is actually VERY well done and so is "Chuck".  I know those are EP credits....(though he may have directed an ep or two of Chuck...can't remember)

"We Are Marshall" was also well directed.

I think he can pull off a Terminator movie..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:31:32 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
guns_n_motley
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 01:43:28 PM »

the thing is, "we are marshal" is a cliched sports movie.....Terminator is a futureistic sci-fi/action movie....and his last "action movies" were charlies angels

plus with a Pg-13 rating dissapoints me..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »

the thing is, "we are marshal" is a cliched sports movie.....Terminator is a futureistic sci-fi/action movie....and his last "action movies" were charlies angels

plus with a Pg-13 rating dissapoints me..

But the Charlie's Angels property, IMHO, sucks.  When you've got shit to work with......  Pair that with the fact the action sequences in the FIRST movie weren't complete cluster fucks (it was the rest of the movie that sucked ass).  Full Throttle, I admit, was a complete abortion.....from script on up.  No forgiving that one, I guess......

Again, though, Chuck and Supernatural both have action elements to them....though I agree, they are EP credits not directing credits.  I'm pretty sure he DID do an ep or two of Chuck...

"We Are marshall" shows he can do more character driven (but not completely character driven) pieces...and choreographing sports action isn't TOO far from what we're talking about, here.

I think he can pull it off.  I definitely don't think this is akin to tapping Uwe Boll as director.  It's not a slam dunk like getting Cameron to do it, either, but I don't think it's the "kiss of death" many here seem to think it is.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »

For Terminator. McG is a good choice

He is up and coming, and respected by alot of actors.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2008, 04:33:31 PM »

still though, what about the Pg-13 rating???  I get the feeling this will end up like Die hard 4....

Future war should be violent, not watered down..

Jonathan mostow was a much better director than McG and to most he didnt pull off a Terminator movie...I just dont have much faith in a sub-par director, pg-13 rating and the same scriptwriters of T3
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »

You can still do a good action flick at  pg-13. There have been several good action or adventure flicks that have been rated below R. The fact of the matter is the studio wants to make money off of this property and making it pg-13 gives them an opportunity to make the most bang for their buck.

I will give this film a chance and actually see it or at least a trailer before I completey bash it.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »

The PG-13 rating will suck but just look at it this way there will likely be an unrated dvd version just like die hard.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »

One Possible Future

We're in the middle of week five. The New Mexico wind is kicking the shit out of the crew but providing a perfect backdrop for our post-apocalyptic world.

Sam tore a muscle on the left side of his ribs in a fight sequence. Neither of us wants to use a stunt double.

This movie takes place several years after Judgment Day, but prior to 2029. Just like it took a long time to get an HD plasma screen in our world, it took Skynet a lot of research and development to get to the T-800, and this movie explores that "space between." We have all been fascinated with the world after Judgment Day. Here it is.

In this film, there are Hydrobots that patrol the water, Transports that move human prisoners around, Harvesters that collect human beings as lab rats for Skynet and Aerostats that survey all that is going on with the resistance the world over.

We've started shooting the T-600 - the bigger, grimier, nastier version that preceded the T-800.

Like Reese says, they're easier to spot but they pack a mini gun and carry kick ass fire power. They're eight-foot tall killers that prowl the badlands looking for anything with a heartbeat to terminate.

Stan Winston, Production Designer Martin Laing and ILM came up with the designs and that thing is on Kyle Reese's ass throughout the entire picture. Wanted to achieve that bummer, rubbery skin, prosthetic look that cloaks an unrelenting machine with a singular focus of killing.

More to come...

Also, I realize my name is ridiculous. I was born Joseph McGinty Nichol. McG is short for McGinty. I have been called this since the day I was born to create separation from my Uncle Joe and Grandpa Joe. I realize it sounds like some Hollywood nickname, hip-hop choice. But the truth is, this is simply my name - for every day of elementary school, every zit-filled day of high school. I have been taking shit for it ever since. I get it, I would think it's lame too. But it's just a name, and to change it now would seem fraudulent.

Oh yeah, don't get too uptight about the prospect of the film being PG-13. We have entertained the idea of a PG-13 rating largely because Batman Begins, in my opinion, was made compromise-free. So we'll see. The movie comes first and it will be protected at all times?

By the way, there are only three people who know the ending.

The unknown future rolls toward us.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

it shouldnt be pg-13, is that what he means?

it sounded so great and promising until i read that bit.

15 or above. It needs to be violent, when its a pg-13 a.k.a as 12a in the UK it can be violent but its not what i call "seriois violence". In 18 rated violence, example, when the terminator rips a heart out, its done relentlessly and brutally, you only get that feel in a high rated movie. In PG-13s its not done right ,its not done realistically enough or violently enough for it to shock. Terminator 3 was terrible. I dont want another let down.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »

Charlie's Angels director McG will take the helm on the movie,

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

I take it you didn't know this information yet?

he is just the director...not the writer....huge difference....plus Christian Bale would NOT sign on to a movie if it did not have a good script... ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »

it shouldnt be pg-13, is that what he means?

it sounded so great and promising until i read that bit.

15 or above. It needs to be violent, when its a pg-13 a.k.a as 12a in the UK it can be violent but its not what i call "seriois violence". In 18 rated violence, example, when the terminator rips a heart out, its done relentlessly and brutally, you only get that feel in a high rated movie. In PG-13s its not done right ,its not done realistically enough or violently enough for it to shock. Terminator 3 was terrible. I dont want another let down.

It sounds like he is saying he won't compromise the film to just get a pg-13 rating. I hope it isn't pg-13 but if it turns out it is i'm sure there will be an r or unrated dvd version like there is of everything these days.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »

Stan Winston just died.  Sad day for terminator fans.  R. I. P.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2008, 08:47:17 PM »

Bale is perhaps one of of my least fav actors.

the John Connor in the last movie was horrible though.

Ill see it based on the trailers though. I dont know about Terminator without Arnold.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »

That sucks. I wonder if he completed his work on t4 before he passed. RIP
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »

Who was Stan?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 01:00:25 AM »

Bale is perhaps one of of my least fav actors.

I consider him to be one of the few good actors left.

Who was Stan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Winston

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: