Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 261495 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #980 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »

Today I had an incredible run. From Seabright New Jersey south & back abt 4.5 miles. Running in the sand against the wind with no shoes , no shirt, right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean with the mist of the waves crashing in my face. Cranked all my new demos & dug them alot.

Video: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=54524288&blogId=490388928

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #981 on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

Baz is a cool dude on Twitter. He and I are having a conversation about Running.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #982 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »

Baz is a cool dude on Twitter. He and I are having a conversation about Running.

D, not to go completely off topic, but what's the deal with Twitter?  Like what do you get by being an actual member/user of twitter?  Like I can seem to follow all people on twitter without being a member, so what's the benefit of signing up for it myself.  Because I could care less about people following me, my life really isn't interesting enough for that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #983 on: May 22, 2009, 08:43:53 PM »

D, not to go completely off topic, but what's the deal with Twitter?  Like what do you get by being an actual member/user of twitter?  Like I can seem to follow all people on twitter without being a member, so what's the benefit of signing up for it myself.  Because I could care less about people following me, my life really isn't interesting enough for that.
i think twitter sucks. its boring.

and @D, Baz has never replied to me.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #984 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »

Monday, June 01, 2009

Bach in the Top 10 in Turkey !

Headbang, a Turkish rock and metal magazine which is sold as a Blue Jean magazine supplement, has published its list of top 30 heavy metal and hard rock vocalists of all time (as compiled by the magazine's writers). It is as follows:

01. Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN, BRUCE DICKINSON)
02. Ronnie James Dio (ex-ELF, ex-RAINBOW, ex-BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL)
03. Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST, FIGTH, 2WO, HALFORD)
04. Ozzy Osbourne (ex-BLACK SABBATH, OZZY OSBOURNE)
05. James Hetfield (METALLICA)
06. Mike Patton (FAITH NO MORE, MR. BUNGLE, FANTOMAS, TOMAHAWK, PEEPING TOM...)
07. Sebastian Bach (ex-SKID ROW, DAMNOCRACY, SEBASTIAN BACH)
08. Klaus Meine (SCORPIONS)
09. Bon Scott (AC/DC)
10. Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.)
11. King Diamond (KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE)
12. Serj Tankian (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SERJ TANKIAN)
13. Ian Gillan (ex-EPISODE SIX, ex-BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE, GILLAN)
14. Alice Cooper (ALICE COOPER)
15. Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES)
16. Geoff Tate (QUEENSR?CHE)
17. Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT, STONE SOUR)
18. Eric Adams (MANOWAR)
19. Michael Kiske (ex-HELLOWEEN, SUPARED, AVANTASIA, PLACE VENDOME)
20. Lemmy Kilmister (ex-HAWKWIND, MOT?RHEAD, THE HEAD CAT)

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #985 on: June 02, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »

Mike Patton is metal?

Really?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #986 on: June 04, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »

Here is some video and photos of Sebastian's appearance on America's Hottest Rocker Mom contest.

From the NY Post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAiODlrjdw8

And photo 32 is funny...

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ex7Qd3Fcz3G/America+Hottest+Rocker+Mom+Contest/uTLrGf9Er9c

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #987 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »

A couple Chinese Democracy mentions from Baz and Jamey Jasta's twitter.  Sounds like Baz has just gotten Jamey to give it a whirl.

http://twitter.com/jameyjasta

chinese democracy, the album, please discuss
about 3 hours ago from mobile web

I'm gonna listen to Chinese Democracy later, the song "Better" is amazing, gotta re-listen to the rest
about 3 hours ago

@sebastianbach axl should do a summer shed tour in 2010 and take out all heavier rock and metal bands, make it like ozzfest
about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to sebastianbach

http://twitter.com/sebastianbach

@jameyjasta yeah !! Call it Bazfest hahaha
about 3 hours ago from txt

@jameyjasta 'street of dreams' is a masterpiece ..'rhiad', 'sorry' ....lots to listen to thats for sure!

@jameyjasta chidem rocks & goofballs who don't geddit r 2 used to the dumbed down world we live in today

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #988 on: June 05, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Helps Find 'America's Hottest Rocker Mom'; Video Footage, Photos Available - June 5, 2009

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach joined the "Z Rock" boys Paulie, David and Joey as judges of the "America's Hottest Rocker Mom" contest.

IFC launched the search for "America's Hottest Rocker Mom" to celebrate Season 2 of its uncensored, uncut comedy "Z Rock". In keeping with the series' "kids'-band-by-day, rock-band-by-night" storyline, the band set out to find America's rocking-est mom. Five finalists were flown to New York City to vie for the title in a live competition in front of the panel of judges on June 3 at Madison Square Park. Each of these rocker moms brought their best rocker attitude to the stage and performed in the following categories: Look (Best Rocker Outfit), Knowledge (Rocker Trivia), Lyrics (Rock Karaoke Contest), and Dance (Show Off Your Best Moves).

Watch a New York Post report on the competition below.

Check out photos from Film Magic, Zimbio.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121397

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #989 on: June 15, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »

At times Sebastian Twitters as fast as he talks.  hihi

jameyjasta
# @sebastianbach I'm back July 7 or 8 we'll hit the studio hard!

about 14 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to sebastianbach

@jameyjasta rite on lookin fwd to it ! downloading 2 new bellmore trax today

6 minutes ago from web in reply to jameyjasta

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #990 on: June 18, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »

Sebastian in "Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark"...

Just sent huge pckg 2 WMA for Julie Taymor Director of Spiderman on Broadway.Sent DVD of Jekyll & Hyde Pro Shot & more.Will post scans.

about 2 hours ago from txt

http://spidermanonbroadway.marvel.com/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #991 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

great talk 2day w @john5guitarist . workn' on more new material asap. Very excited abt this. song we got rules & fits perfect w @jameyjasta

about 15 hours ago from web

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #992 on: June 20, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

^that could be too fucking awesome smoking
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #993 on: June 22, 2009, 11:09:22 PM »

finished 2 more killer demos. sent 8 tunes to @john5guitarist .Got 4 more tunes from Bellmores. Gonna collab w roy z & @jameyjasta 2 #fb

working on full demo cd to send to @john5guitarist 2 c where we're @, then write more tunes till we r ready to enter studio 4 new CD! #fb

about 8 hours ago from txt

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #994 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »

Sebastian posted this article on his twitter in response to possible reasons he wasn't currently touring.  Pretty interesting read.

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2009/06/killing-itself-to-live-how-the-record-industry-conceived-its-own-demise.html

Kyle Bylin, Associate Editor

Throwaway culture, while, perhaps, not limited to commercialized music, appears to stem from highly and quickly popularized songs that are file-shared and listened to for a short period of time.  And are, then, later deleted or ?disposed of? from the listener?s computer or MP3 player, typically, once the song starts to fade into obscurity or has grown tiresome to the user, due to circumstances such as novelty, over-exposure, or a ?change of taste.?

As I?ve argued previously, this can be partially attributed to what file-sharing changed about a music fan?s dynamic relationship with the culture that they consume and the numerous paradoxes of choice that are encountered within the realm of the Internet.  Most predominately, file-sharing has allowed fans simulate decisions not yet made, or economically ?committed to? rather, and has, in turn, caused them to become ever-more passive about their deletion.

"tastes which quickly increase in popularity die out faster."

Yet, up until this point, what has largely remained a mystery is why things become unpopular and what affect adoption speed has on the abandonment of cultural tastes.  Throughout their research of over 100 years of data on first-name adoption trends, Jonah Berger from the University of Pennsylvania and Ga?l Le Mens from Stanford University and Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona found that tastes which quickly increase in popularity die out faster.

More interesting still, the researchers also noted that similar outcomes have been observed in the music industry, wherein, artists who shoot to the top of the charts may be perceived negatively and realize overall lower sales in comparison to those who?ve made a more gradual climb.  Simply put, people may avoid buying music from an artist that they see as being short-lived, because the attractiveness of the music has decreased and lost its uniqueness.

?This seemingly counterintuitive finding,? they wrote, ?has important implications.  It suggests that faster adoption is not only linked to faster death but may also hurt overall success.?  How these findings relate to the ten years proceeding and following the rise of Napster and file-sharing is where the big picture becomes clearer and new insight is added into what Steve Knopper deemed ?The Spectacular Crash of the Record Industry in the Digital Age.?

2.  Music as a Unit

During the CD Boom, which lasted from 1984-2000, music became increasingly pressured and scrutinized, because executives started to demand that it act like every other unit.  This mindset became one of the many catalysts that caused the Record Industry to change from the savvy executives who nurtured talent and developed careers to the corporate types who relied primarily on the infrastructure established through MTV, big-box retail, and commercial radio.

By the late 1990?s, Greg Kot argues in Ripped that the acts dominating the charts were marketing triumphs more than creative ones.  And, with these numerous successes, ranging from Britney Spears, ?N Sync, the Back Street Boys, and Ricky Martin, the major labels began to abandon organic growth, their long-range, career-building view, in favor of the mass-mediated, commercial music, which could provide stronger quarterly growth and profits.

"cast a divide between themselves and a
wired generation of fans far more subtle and sophisticated
than anything they could?ve ever imagined."

However, what the hit-factories couldn?t create is loyalty and their practices would go onto cast a divide between themselves and a wired generation of fans far more subtle and sophisticated than anything they could?ve ever imagined. Every time the labels used commercial radio and MTV to spike an artist?s popularity, they had risked, as the researchers noted, realizing lower overall sales, because fans may avoid investing an artist if they perceive them as a fad.

Consequentially, once the teen pop bubble burst in 2001 and the performers that had become the Record Industry?s godsend could no longer sustain their success, the labels began the wake up to the harsh realities that file-sharing seemingly induced.  But, no one could forewarn them about the vicious cycle that would be created as a result of their drastic misconceptions and how the very convoluted system they spent years supporting would spiral out of control.

The mass-marketing practices that the Record Industry adopted and mastered in correlation with file-sharing?s rise into predominance may have, in turn, created the ultimate paradox.  Wherein the more the major labels focused on producing music that could be highly and quickly popularized, the more expecting  fans perceived these artists negatively, perhaps, avoided buying their albums, and preceded to file-share their potentially ?short-lived? songs instead.

But, the more the music fans file-shared, the more the major labels were almost forced to produce lowest-common-denominator music, which fed into ever-more vicious cycle.  With every new release, every hot new artist that they used their marketing muscle to spike in popularity, it could be said that the Record Industry was killing itself to live.  Achieving sustainability and profits the only way these music executives knew how.  There simply was no turning back.

The CD-Release Complex, the backbone of the modern Record Industry, built around the idea that fans discover music through the same mediums that major labels use to promote new music, had become so engrained into very fabric of their business, that, without it, they would be lost.  Still, they were blind to the fact that the very abstract system they created and used to commercialize culture and bring music to the masses had since become their mental prison.

"the allotted time table for an artist to be deemed successful

shortened and expectations were heightened."

Previously, artists were established through word of mouth and constant touring, which gradually built a following and allowed an artist develop their creativity and hone their craft.  Yet, every year, for the last twenty years, the allotted time table for an artist to be deemed successful shortened and expectations were heightened.  With advent of file-sharing and the advances in the Internet, that window of time has considerably shrunk to almost nothing.

On the contrary, digital culture has proved to be as unforgiving as the media landscape that preceded it.  Due to the instantaneous nature of the Internet and how it amplifies word of mouth, the growth curve for an artist has compressed from a few years to a few weeks.  ?Now,? as Jordan Kurland, manger of Death Cab for Cutie and Feist, commented in Ripped, ?you run into this phenomenon with people propping things up that shouldn?t be propped up quite so soon.?

?It is a society of instant gratification now, and bands are built up and torn down before they?ve had a chance to create a body of work that represents who they are or what they can do.?  In other words, what we?re seeing within every spectrum of the Music Industry, from the top-down corporate media of major labels to bottom-up participatory culture of the Internet:  artists that quickly increase in popularity die faster.  And, within a climate that supports disposability, the file-sharing community will only continue to thrive and feed on the throwaway culture that is created as a result of it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #995 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »

Question:

Has anyone ever seen THE Savage Animal and Debbie Rowe in the same place?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #996 on: July 06, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

Question:

Has anyone ever seen THE Savage Animal and Debbie Rowe in the same place?

I knew this wouldn't be good. Angry

But after seeing that photo...I'm not sure if I can answer that question. hihi

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #997 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »

I knew this wouldn't be good. Angry

But after seeing that photo...I'm not sure if I can answer that question. hihi

Sorry funk, I just couldn't hold that one....bach.... Grin

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #998 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »

Smiley

RT @Mitophin Baz are you gonna record with Axl soon? Angel down is amazing. GLAD U DIG IT! got a text from axl last nite! he was working out

about 1 hour ago from web

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #999 on: July 08, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »

Smiley

RT @Mitophin Baz are you gonna record with Axl soon? Angel down is amazing. GLAD U DIG IT! got a text from axl last nite! he was working out

about 1 hour ago from web
Working out eh?  Must be getting in shape for the tour, ah we can dream.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: