Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  That Metal Show (VH1 Classic)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: That Metal Show (VH1 Classic)  (Read 2713 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: December 30, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »

Pretty decent show that have had a couple GNR mentions since it started airing.  It's hosted by Eddie Trunk with comedians Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson.  They have a guest(s) each show.  In this episode, Mike Piazza shows up and tells a story about how he and Eddie went to see GNR at MSG back in 2002.  It's pretty funny, he meets Axl at the meet and greet after the show and complained that Axl didn't wear a Piazza jersey during the show.  The story starts around the 4:25 mark

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1601293/326255/That_Metal_Show_Episode_5_Mike_Piazza_AC_DC/That_Metal_Show_Episode_5_Part_1/index.jhtml

In an earlier episode, might've been the first, maybe 2nd, Bumblefoot was in the audience.  Eddie announced he was there and asked him about the band and the album (it had to be taped over the summer).  Eddie responded "no comment", he had his lawyer with him and said he was unable to answer any questions.  It was all in fun.  Can be seen here at about 0:25.  Also in segment 2, Jim and Don do a funny Q&A with Van Halen fans.

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist/1599477/318732/That_Metal_Show_Episode_1_Lita_Ford/That_Metal_Show_Episode_1_Part_3/index.jhtml

Then this past weeks episode, with Rush, they do this segmet "Stump The Trunk" and sitting in the front row was again Bumblefoot.  They didn't introduce him this time, but they made a mention of him, so they obviously knew he was there. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:37:40 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »

It's an alright show, I don't make a point of watching it, but if there's nothing else on...

Does anyone else want to hit Eddie Trunk with a 2x4?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »

Eddie dissed Axl on one episode I watched

they were talkin about new albums and he didn't mention CD and he said something about not liking when one member continues a band etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »

Eddie dissed Axl on one episode I watched

they were talkin about new albums and he didn't mention CD and he said something about not liking when one member continues a band etc.

Don't you diss Axl on a daily basis?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:21:58 PM »

I have never buddied up and sucked his dick on a radio show and used it to increase my ratings and profile though. I'm not sure I have ever "dissed" axl.

I sure I have at one time or the other but its very very rare and it all depends on what u consider dissing.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »

It's a Talking Metal on Fuse rip off.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »

Im getting ready to leave, but I'll try to dig it up on VH1.

Axl gave him an enormous honor of doing his show when he wasn't talking to anybody and for Eddie to make that kind of comment *maybe he wasn't thinking about it when he said it and wasn't referring to Axl" but to not mention CD and then to say that pissed me off.

It could be unintentional however just like when Bach talks how it isn't Skid Row and they are disgracing the name with one member etc.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »

I saw that too, and I just think it sounded worse than it was.  I think he was more talking about how there are 2 different versions of LA Guns, for example, and some lesser known 80's bands play shows with the bassist as the only original member.  Eddie has continually praised Axl and GNR so I don't think that was a shot at him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 08:30:44 PM »

I think the topic was a setup for Ace fro Kiss-he was on the show that day-the show is not a bad show, but nothing great-Stump the Trunk is the best part of the show-they see to be replaying the same episodes on VH1 a lot-they get into silly discussions like who was better in Sabbath, Ozzy or Dio-they plug the discussion the whole show and it's about a 2 minute discusion

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »

I think the topic was a setup for Ace fro Kiss-he was on the show that day-the show is not a bad show, but nothing great-Stump the Trunk is the best part of the show-they see to be replaying the same episodes on VH1 a lot-they get into silly discussions like who was better in Sabbath, Ozzy or Dio-they plug the discussion the whole show and it's about a 2 minute discusion
I liked when Jim and Don posed as reporters for Van Halen TV and acted like they were relaying questions from fans right to the band.  They ruined some fans days.  It wasn't informative, but I found it quite amusing.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »

The show sucks a lot of ass.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:19 AM »

It's a Talking Metal on Fuse rip off.

/jarmo

Took the words right outta my mouth.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV