Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:46:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nick Cave
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nick Cave  (Read 1296 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:12 AM »

Anyone else here love Nick? 

I've had the pleasure of seeing him play a few times over the years (with Bad Seeds, Grinderman etc) but last night went to a great evening where he read passages from his latest book "The Death of Bunny Munro", accompanied by music from Warren Ellis.  He also played from his vast back catalogue, great stripped-down piano-based versions of The Mercy Seat, Into my arms, Do you Love Me, The Weeping Song, and storming through an electric Tupelo, Dig Lazarus Dig and Red Right Hand.  He also took questions from the audience - which ranged from banal, kind of embarrassing and humorous!

He's one of my favourite performers, so enigmatic and imposing and his lyrics are dark, funny and extremely clever.  It's always a privilege seeing him perform live. My first Nick gig was the Murder Ballads tour, remains one of favourite albums ever.

Check out his music, books, screenplay "The Proposition"...    peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »

Saw Grinderman last year. Pretty entertaining!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Baby Firefly
Headliner

Tutti Fuckin' Frutti.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »

Yes, fantastic musician. I love Let Love In (no pun intended). People that say metallica's cover of Loverman is better can kiss my ass.

Whatever you need to do, you do it. There is no wrong. If someone needs to be killed, you kill 'em. That's the way.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: