Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Schiavo autopsy report backs husband
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Schiavo autopsy report backs husband  (Read 4133 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: June 16, 2005, 12:59:17 PM »

Okay, this should put an end to the entire thing. Husband did NOT abuse his wife, and she could not recover.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8225637

Medical examiner says she suffered from 'irreversible' brain injury

TAMPA, Fla. - In a victory for Michael Schiavo, a coroner who performed an autopsy on Terri Schiavo reported Wednesday that she suffered from an irreversible brain injury and would not have recovered as her parents insisted was possible.

Her brain was profoundly atrophied," Jon Thogmartin, medical examiner for Florida's Pinellas and Pasco counties, told a press conference. "There was massive neuronal loss, or death. This was irreversible."

In response to questions, Thogmartin said there was no evidence Schiavo suffered from abuse.

In addition, the report said no evidence existed that Michael Schiavo tried to hasten his wife's death via drugs or other substances as her parents had alleged.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:06:16 PM »

And yet, I saw on the news that the parents continue to dispute the autopsy reports.  Some people just never learn...

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 03:18:10 PM »

And yet, I saw on the news that the parents continue to dispute the autopsy reports.? Some people just never learn...

I blame the media and the pro-life-spinners.

They turned her into a victim, and with a victim there had to be another who committed the crime.

In reality it was just a sad turn of events, leaving a family in denial, and a husband (who had the legal right to decide) defending himself over total bullshit.

I think it's time people just unplug the story and let it be.

Hopefully this will put a rest to it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 03:19:49 PM »

brain dead and blind but she was so alive checking out people.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 03:26:14 PM »

Like this: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh............................."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 04:34:09 PM »

I was joking, forgot my sarcasm  Roll Eyes I just hated how everyone was so sure she was lively and was aware of her surrounding and getting on the husband for wanting to live his life.. teri schiavo is a blinking wonder I must try and give her a bottle of water crying
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 06:08:58 PM »

I was joking,

LOL......and I wasn't?!?

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 08:07:31 PM »

Hahah SLC unplug the story haha

Fuck All Y'all
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:12:51 PM »

Hahah SLC unplug the story haha

Got that huh?

hihi
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »

any one see the south park episode that parodied the terry schiavo case. it was hilarious.

*news crew, press and several reporters at Kenny's bed side filming on national tv*

Lawyer - wait wait i found the end of Kenny's will that explained what to do in the event he falls into a vegetative state. "in the event i fall into a vegetative state i ask that......................................for the love of god please don't show me in this condition on national tv"

at which point everyone looks at the tv camera with an "aww shit what have we done" face.

that whole episode is priceless rofl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 05:42:19 PM »

I heard bush of flordia wants to do a further investigation on this matter.. Poor fucking husband..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 07:56:14 PM »

I dont think the outrage was so much letting her die, it was how they let her die.

what is the difference of pulling out her feeding tube and making her suffer and die slow when they couldve removed her life support, gave her a shot and let her die easy andpeacefully?

thats what was fucked up about her case

no human should have to suffer like she did.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 08:20:41 PM »

I dont think the outrage was so much letting her die, it was how they let her die.

what is the difference of pulling out her feeding tube and making her suffer and die slow when they couldve removed her life support, gave her a shot and let her die easy andpeacefully?

your right D.

If I did to my dog what they did to her My ass would be is fucking hot water and I( would be thought of as a heartless bastered.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 12:52:43 AM »

meh it will never end..... though we want it too soooo bad

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 02:00:42 AM »

because, unfortounately, one is letting her die and the other is "killing" her (euthanasia). i don't know about your laws but i'm guessing euthanasia isn't legal? Removing the feeding tube was the legal way to do it, but boy was it cold hearted. Wasn't it like a week after the tube removed that she finally died, that sorta starvation nobody should have to go through like that vegetable or not.

gnrnightrain should be able to clear up the legal stuff, where ever he is.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 04:45:36 AM »

She did not suffer.

She was a veggie.

She did not know the difference.

Only we did.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 04:07:09 PM »

And yet, I saw on the news that the parents continue to dispute the autopsy reports.? Some people just never learn...

JEB BUSH!!!!!!!!! (his brother gets Dickhead of the year hands down)

For keeping this alive, even though all evidence points to no foul play.

Probably to help keep the heat of his floundering liar of a brother.....

Gov. Bush seeks probe of Schiavo husband's actions
17 Jun 2005 22:51:13 GMT

Source: Reuters

By Jane Sutton

MIAMI, June 17 (Reuters) - Florida Gov. Jeb Bush asked a prosecutor on Friday to investigate why Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago and how long it took her husband to call for help -- a move the husband denounced as an outrage.

Bush, who worked to keep the brain-damaged woman on a feeding tube before her March 31 death, said in a letter to State Attorney Bernie McCabe that the autopsy report released on Wednesday showed a gap between the time Michael Schiavo discovered his wife unconscious and the time he phoned 911 to summon medical aid.

"Between 40 and 70 minutes elapsed before the call was made and I am aware of no explanation for the delay," Bush said in the letter.

McCabe agreed to investigate, said an aide to the Republican governor, the brother of President George W. Bush.

Schiavo died almost two weeks after her feeding tube was removed by court order and at her husband's request. Her death came after a bitter feud between Michael Schiavo and Terri's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, that provoked fierce political debate over end-of-life issues.

Michael Schiavo called Bush's request for the investigation "an outrage" aimed at deflecting attention from the medical examiner's report, which he said "has shown the Schindlers' claims and governor's position to be untrue."

"It is sickening that the Schindlers and Governor Bush, for their own selfish reasons, want to keep this case going," he said.

Michael Schiavo has said he phoned for help as soon as he found his wife on the floor in their home on Feb. 25, 1990, and the autopsy report said the call was made at 5:40 a.m.

Bush did not allege in his letter a crime had been committed. But he said Michael Schiavo testified during a 1992 medical malpractice trial that he found his wife unconscious at about 5 a.m. and said more recently it was about 4:30 a.m.

Michael Schiavo said on Friday he ran to phone 911 immediately, that he did not know the exact time because he was not wearing a watch or looking at a clock and that he had testified to that effect consistently and repeatedly.

Through his attorney, Schiavo released a statement with excerpts from his testimony over the years, each describing the time in approximations.

The Schindlers and their supporters had suggested Terri's collapse resulted from attempted strangulation or abuse. The autopsy found no evidence of abuse or neglect but it cast doubt on the earlier conclusion an eating disorder caused a chemical imbalance that stopped her heart.

"As a result, the cause of her injuries is more in doubt than ever," Bush said in his letter to McCabe. "In light of this new information, I urge you to take a fresh look at this case without any preconceptions as to the outcome."

Schiavo suffered massive and irreversible brain damage when her heart stopped, starving her brain of oxygen and causing it to wither to half the normal size, the autopsy said. That left her unable to think or see and capable only of reflexive movement, the autopsy said.

Michael Schiavo had long argued his wife would not have wanted to live like that and won permission to remove the feeding tube that sustained her for 15 years. Her parents argued she could improve and should be kept alive regardless of her condition, ultimately losing a long court battle despite the enactment of state and federal laws aimed at prolonging her life.

Bush pressed the Florida Legislature to pass a law in 2003 giving him authority to order Terri Schiavo's feeding tube reinserted six days after it was removed. That law was later struck down as unconstitutional.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 04:09:26 PM by SLC » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: