Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:12:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Brett Favre to return for one more season
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brett Favre to return for one more season  (Read 8198 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 26, 2006, 02:13:15 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421947

Any other Packers fans here?

I was born & raised in Wisconsin, so I'm a die-hard? and I couldn't be happier that Brett's coming back for one more. I think he's still got it in him and if the rest of the team works hard and stays healthy, the Packers can certainly do better than last year. He deserves to go out with a winning season.? ok

I just think he's a legend and deserves his own thread...  beer

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:24:50 PM »

absolut legend

i'm kinda a packers fan, from leeds in england but watch nfl on sky sports n like the packers!

That's a hatrick for Doull
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »

I'm not a Packers fan at all.  I'm happy he came back for one more year. I just hope they can have a great year for he can try and go out on top.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 08:56:58 AM »

I was born & raised in Wisconsin, so I'm a die-hard? and I couldn't be happier that Brett's coming back for one more. I think he's still got it in him and if the rest of the team works hard and stays healthy, the Packers can certainly do better than last year. He deserves to go out with a winning season.? ok

I just think he's a legend and deserves his own thread...? beer

Jenna,

I'm a New England Patriots fan (i'm from Boston) and a Drew Bledsoe Fan.  After the '97 Superbowl where the Packers beat the Pats, I have always had a bad taste in my mouth about the cheese heads :-)

From what I hear, Brett is going to return - and I do respect him as a QB even though he beat up my team :-(. 

I'll be going to the NY shows 12th & 17th- can't wait -  I'll be sporting my Patriots Jersey #11 w/ Guns N' Roses on the back - Tap me on the sholder and say 'HI' :-)

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 02:02:37 PM »

Will do  Wink

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

I just think he's a legend and deserves his own thread...? beer

Looks like he finally convinced his doctor to give him more pain killers for the season... haha i kid...

J/W, since you are from that area, are you a Miller Beer fan??
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 10:16:52 PM »

I grew up right near "Miller Valley" .. it's where they do the Miller Brewery tours. There's actually a street where bottles of beer go across on a conveyor belt above the street and you drive under them, it's pretty cool...

So anyway, yes...   I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do have a special place in my heart for Miller.  beer

Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:12:27 AM »

Favre's probably my second most favorite player in my lifetime after Joe Montana.  And those are big words coming from a Viking fan in Green Bay's rival state. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:38:27 PM »

I'm a lions fan, so I get to see Farve has his way with us twice a year for over a decade.  It is nice to see Favre comign back, because this late in the year HE OWES IT TO HIS TEAM, TEAMMATES, and the FANS, sense this late into the offseason all the good free agents are gone and GB isnt ready to throw Aaron Rodgers into a starting role, and to of used another first round pick on a QB would be a waste.

4-12 looked bad, but Farve is older and he lost some teammates.  Javon Walker (when healthy) is a awesome threat and without him Farve is missing a huge target.  They got a local player from where I am, in western michigan, but to trade Walker for a measy second round pick is wasted.  Ahmed Green and Davenport are still not 100% and back to where they were 2 years ago.   This is going to be an ugly season and Farve has to make educated throws and not just throw the ball in there like last season or he'll have more ints then tds again and a loosing record.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »

Favre's probably my second most favorite player in my lifetime after Joe Montana.  And those are big words coming from a Viking fan in Green Bay's rival state. 
Shocked wow, no kidding... Vikings fans are usually pretty venomous towards us! (Bears fans, too... trust me, that one I know all too well. I lived in Chicago for awhile)

And More Cowbell (lol, great name) I agree that this season is going to be rough...  but I think if the teams stays healthy this year, they have a fighting chance. It was all the injuries that really killed them last year. Hell, we went through people so fast I was starting to think they would be throwing high school players out there! Injuries really mess with the coordination and chemistry of a team - no matter how good the individual players are.
In any case, I'm not holding my breath for the Super Bowl (although that would be great!) all I hope for is a decent season that Brett can be proud of. He needs to end his career on a higher note than 4-12 for sure.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »

If this is indeed Farve's last year, I really hope he has an amazing year. He sems like a good guy. He's a great quaterback. And it would be cool to see him go out on top and win another Superbowl. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »

Am I the only one getting a little tired of Breet Favre?  Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best QBs of all time, but he too often gets a free pass for stuff.  What annoys me the most is he seems to think he's bigger than the franchise, even though the Packers were a great organization long before Breet Favre ever picked up a football.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 02:24:37 PM »

But he SAVED the franchise.  You should go to Green Bay.  He is a God in that town.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 02:27:26 PM »

I don't dispute either of those things, Garry.  But does saving the franchise given him the right to prolong the rebuilding they're eventually going to have to do to be contenders again?  I don't think anyone, not even Favre, should ever be more important than the franchise.  It only leads to trouble.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 03:47:54 PM »

But Aaron Rodgers isn't ready yet.  The best thing they can do is to sign some free agents, like Charles Woodson.  And draft well (AJ Hawk)  Their offensive line and receivers are the weak spot.  Rodgers is still learning the opes, but he should be ready by next year.  If he were to start this year, he would have been in trouble and his pro career would have been short-lived.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 09:41:33 PM »

I grew up right near "Miller Valley" .. it's where they do the Miller Brewery tours. There's actually a street where bottles of beer go across on a conveyor belt above the street and you drive under them, it's pretty cool...

So anyway, yes...? ?I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do have a special place in my heart for Miller.? beer

Wow, i never knew that!! Any pictures of that anywhere??? I'd love to visit that  peace
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »

But Aaron Rodgers isn't ready yet.? The best thing they can do is to sign some free agents, like Charles Woodson.? And draft well (AJ Hawk)? Their offensive line and receivers are the weak spot.? Rodgers is still learning the opes, but he should be ready by next year.? If he were to start this year, he would have been in trouble and his pro career would have been short-lived.

It depends...some guys don't turn out well when they are thrown right into the mix...Cade McNown from the Bears would be a good example of that.  But other guys start from day 1 and the mistakes they make allow them to become better players.  It all depends on a guy's mindset.  Also, they'd be in a much better position to adress all their needs without Favre's huge contract taking up so much cap space.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »

So anyway, yes...? ?I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do have a special place in my heart for Miller.? beer

Wow, i never knew that!! Any pictures of that anywhere??? I'd love to visit that? peace
it's all fancy now... I was trying to find a picture of how it used to be, but I can't find one. It used to look much less high-tech.? hihi

ah, Miller Valley... if you're ever in Milwaukee for some reason, take the brewery tour. It's actually pretty cool. Fascinating stuff... and you get some samples at the end Wink

---------
But, anyway, back to the Packers... I agree with Garry. Aaron isn't ready. The offensive line is in enough trouble as it is, why throw an inexperienced QB into the mix? And Brett's worth every penny. I'd much rather see that cap space go to him than a couple new guys that may or may not make much difference.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:07:50 AM by JennaSide » Logged

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 01:00:30 PM »

Don't know what Favre is thinking going back to that mess of a team.....

hopefully he doesn't get seriously hurt with that shitty offensive line
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 12:26:13 AM »

Don't know what Favre is thinking going back to that mess of a team.....

hopefully he doesn't get seriously hurt with that shitty offensive line

The O-Line is a bit better, still not very good Tongue

But I think the Packers have a real shot, if they pick up a reciever as they def. need one. They signed Charles Woodson and got AJ Hawk in the draft, so the defense should be better, especially since the rookie CB they got a couple years ago(sorry don't remember his name) will have more experience and should play a lot better.

I think the Packers will make the playoffs as a wild card team, how far they go? Who knows, anything can happen in the NFL ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 12:33:52 AM »

Ahman Carroll?
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:38 AM »

Ahman Carroll?

Yup, damn had his name on the tip of my tongue, but yeah thats the guy i'm talking about. He's been a bit of a dissapointment in Green Bay but I think with Woodson and the experience he's gotten over the last year or two he'll be a quality DB

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 01:20:58 AM »

The only way the Pack can make the playoffs is if they take the division.  Those wildcard spots are gonna be taken up by far better teams.  Only one team can win the NFC East, and all four teams in the division are significantly better than the Packers.  Also, the NFC South has both the Bucs and the Panthers...also far better than the Pack.  Even if the Pack are much improved, which is an if...those teams should be just as good (if not better) than they were last year.  IMO, the Packers will be lucky to finish anywhere higher than 3rd in the NFC North.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: