Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Championship Manager
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Manager  (Read 12805 times)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 03:07:50 PM »

^ Get Football Manager 2007. ok

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2007-PC-CD/dp/B000GHED7S/ref=pd_ts_c_th_2/203-7397745-3789565

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »

Your missing the point, i want an update for the ol' CM2, i want essentially the same game just up to date....
grendoood
Banned
Opening Act

Caught on film doing a mick jagger :( xx

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »

Football Manager is so much better

no feeling no feeling no feeling for anybody else except for myself my beautiful self
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

Here Today...Drunk Today!

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 07:36:35 AM »

Anyone got good tactics for FM07. I keep getting hammered! Cry

Where's Jim?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »

Anyone got good tactics for FM07. I keep getting hammered! Cry

Dude! What the fuck? Problem with this game is that you have to be Claudio Ranieri to play it. Tinkering is key!
You have to play to your teams strength. Which means individually. So if you have players who cant dribble. Dont let them dribble!
More than ever, you have to scout the opposition to see how they play and to exploit holes in their tactics.
Its a fucking chore and a half and its one of the reasons that i play CM02 still. Because it takes so fucking long and the AI on FM series is more intelligent than any fucker could ever dream of.

If you play FM properly. It could take you weeks or months to play or season properly and get good results. I suppose thats the addiction of it. Im just lazy. I like CM02 cus you can play a season in a couple of hours, using one tactic and fit players around that tactic and normally kick ass. A little unrealistic but i like to think that i am Brian Clough and take Average players, play a tactic and get good results with them.
Plus, when i used to play FM i found that my eyes would pop out due to glaring at a tactics screen for hours making the most of my players attributes and covering their flaws.

You cunt!
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »

I was worried that would be the case.

I'm gonna have a whack at it anyway though.

What would be handy is you sending me the link for 01/02 like you promised, you fuckin' gimp! love

Where's Jim?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »

I won the Champions League with Steaua Bucharest at FM07.  My usual tactic was a 4-5-1, with 2 def midfielders, 2 wingers, one attacking midfielder and a striker.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »

It sucks man (or I do). I managed to get West Ham relegated. I'm now like, 14th in the championship.

I just signed Healy, he will play up front with Anelka, and get me back in the prem.

Where's Jim?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 08:04:51 AM »

Having balazed my way through each version of Championship manager (i managed 45 consecutive wins with Barcelona with the 01/02 version - the run ending in a 7-3 thrashing in the CL final - d'oh!) I was really keen to see what Football Manger would offer

I've bought each version - and hated them all. Bugged to hell (i won every group game and yet didnt qualify for the champions league second round..) and the later offerings where impossibly hard - relegated with Villareal....

I wont bother with either FM or CM untill they actually get the game sorted - it shouldnt matter what tactics I choose, if i play as Chelsea I should, at the worst, finish top 4, and certainly not be relegated....

there was a beauty to earlier offerings where u chose a tactic and then never had to think about changing it...

and what the hell is wrong with Football Manager's training system - doesnt matter what i try the players decline...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »

I'm kicking ass at it now. Won the championship, and am going to terrorize every defence next season.

Healy scored the goal that won the league. He's fucking beautiful.

I bought Freddy Adu and a wee fella Kosstadinov (hearts). Amazing players, but have lost them because the game refuses to let me re-sign non EU players. It makes no sense. Perhaps it's because I'm a championship team, or was. I played Kosstadinov 44 times last season, he was my main striker, and now I've lost him.

Where's Jim?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: