Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  1001 things u didn`t know about GNR!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1001 things u didn`t know about GNR!!!!  (Read 32346 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 05:20:58 PM »

I heard that Izzy kicked her in the stomach? hihi
Vince punched Izzy in the face and his ring cut Izzy's lip

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 06:20:39 PM »

LMFAO, This is the funniest shit ever.  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Some GNR's best songs were almost threw away. Including mr brownstone  confused

html sucks
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 07:05:03 PM »

Izzy, where did you hear that? I'm not saying I dont believe it, I just never heard that interpretation of the incident before. Its funny how there is different stories describing this incident. Anyone have a pic of Izzy at the 89 VMA's so we can see if there is any marks on his face?

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 07:14:07 PM »

13/8/89
"On completion of the second day's performance in Moscow, M?tley flies back to Los Angeles via France and New York. Having now split with Doc McGhee as their manager, they encourage his partner, Doug Thaler, into also splitting from McGhee Entertainment Inc. and managing them as his own company's first client. Doug agrees and soon forms his business called Top Rock Development Corporation.

On returning to Los Angeles, Vince Neil goes on a ten-day white water rafting trip down Idaho's Snake River. He calls Sharise on his way home who tells him of an altercation she had with Izzy Stradlin' of Guns N' Roses at the Cathouse. After trying to advance on Sharise and being turned down, he pulls her top down in front of many people. Sharise slaps him in the face but then he kicks her in the stomach.

5/9/89
"M?tley presents the award for Best Heavy Metal Album at the MTV Music Video Awards at the Universal Amphitheatre in Universal City, California. While the rest of the Cr?e wait in limos outside the event, Vince Neil waits backstage while Guns N' Roses play with tom Petty. Vince then decks guitarist Izzy Stradlin? as he comes off stage with a punch in the face, for recently hitting on then kicking his wife at the Cathouse. M?tley's security chief drags Vince away and as they are about to leave the building, Axl Rose tells Vince he is going to kill him. When Vince encourages him to bring it on, Axl walks away.

This is the start of a feud between the two bands. Axl Rose starts to say in the press that Vince sucker-punched Izzy and he has been insulting Guns N' Roses for years. Vince feels betrayed after showing Axl vocal tricks to help him, while they supported M?tley on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour. He challenges Vince by sending at least six messages to fight at places like Tower Records in Los Angeles, or on the boardwalk at Venice Beach, but Axl never shows up. Meanwhile Izzy calls Vince and apologises for his behaviour.

Still angry at the incident and the way Axl has handled it via the press, Vince responds on MTV, telling Axl to name the place and time. He proposes a Monday night fight at the Forum in Los Angeles. Eddie Van Halen and Sammy Hagar from Van Halen say they'll put up the money to stage the fight at New York's Madison Square Gardens. No fight eventuates and Vince's offer still stands to this day."

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~cruekiss/89.htm

smoking Izzy? smoking

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

Izzy, thanks! You always come through when it comes to this kind of shit. But after reading it, its obviously from the Motley Crue point of view. The clincher is the line 'Axl walks away'. Sorry, but I dont believe that. This is back in the day when Axl was very volatile. I remember stories about him fighting with hotel personnel, security, and I vaguely remember a story where Axl and Izzy tied up some guys from Faster Pussycat in an elevator and beat the crap out of them. And Axl walks away from Vince Neil?? Highly unlikely. The version I heard, Vince took off after Axl chased after him. That is far more believeable, especially if the rest of the Crue were sitting in their fucking limos while all this took place!

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »

vince is a pussy everybody knows it!... he walk away, axl dont... remember that you found that info in  MC site...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005, 03:27:19 AM »

Vince was away white water rafting and his wife Sharise was in a club and Izzy came up to her and pulled her shirt down, she called Izzy an asshole and smacked him, he kicked her in the stomach.

Vince found out and whooped Izzy's ass,one punch Izzy went down.

Axl can say what he want but Izzy got dropped with one punch, hardly a powder puff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 06:14:04 PM »

D, you're right, in an alternate universe!

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 06:30:58 PM »

Vince waited for Izzy as he was getting off stage, from all the bright lights to the darkness at the side of the stage, and Izzy was temporarily blinded by that.  Vince jumped him at the most cowardly of times, and ran off after one punch.

This tells me that Vince didn't actually have the balls to fight.  I mean, if he really wanted to fight, he would have waited for Izzy to be able to actually engage in the fight. 

The other side of the story that I heard was that Sharisse was coming on to Izzy, Izzy wasn't interested, told her to fuck off, and she slapped him. 

I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened first hand.  Since all we have are other people's  recollections of what happened, I'm more inclined to believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both of the two sides' accounts.
MikeB
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 12:27:12 AM »

Axl made up for Steven's dick sucking by kicking Steven in the balls on several occasions.
So this thing with Steven could be untrue, Axl just made it up? Anyway, I heard that Joe Perry's ex-wife stole one of his Les Pauls and gave it to Slash, he gave it back to him as a 50th b-day present. When Slash and Steven Adler were little kids , they smoked weed under the sliding board on their school playground.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2005, 03:09:08 AM »

Tom Petty gave a recount of the story on one of those VH1 specials, and he said that it was a sucker punch.  I trust Petty's word more than anybody in either Motley Crue or GN'R.  So I'd definitely say it was a sucker punch.  I don't think Axl backed down cause he was a pussy or anything.  I think he just felt he was above getting into a stupid feud with a dude from another band.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2005, 04:58:54 PM »

In a desperate attempt to keep Steven Adler off drugs Duff would go around pulling a gun on Hollywood drug dealers and threatening them not to sell him any.

This is something I heard, I think Axl said it in an interview.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

Twisted, your statement about Duff is true. I dont remember Axl talking about it, but I remember a Duff interview where he said that he did those things.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2005, 09:41:29 PM »

about the whole izzy/vince thing, i thought his wife was coming on to izzy and then lied to vince cause she couldnt get her way.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
i_love_axl
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2005, 03:55:08 AM »

Twisted, your statement about Duff is true. I dont remember Axl talking about it, but I remember a Duff interview where he said that he did those things.

Could you post the interview,please??? I didn`t read it!!! Thanks!!! Smiley
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2005, 04:38:32 AM »

Sorry, I cant do it. I'm on a webtv now and I cant do that kind of shit. Maybe one of the other posters can help you. Ask Izzy. He's really good at digging up this kind of stuff.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2005, 11:40:49 AM »

Here's the Duff interview:

The Adventures Of Duff & His Guns
By Patrick MacDonald

They weren?t off the plane from Europe for long when the concert trail beckoned again. Guns N? Roses picked up in America right where they left off, barnstorming concert arenas with a sweat-drenched installment of brand-new rockers and familiar favorites.

Unlike the tour?s first leg, this time devotees could go to their neighborhood record outlet and pick up not one, but two new Guns N? Roses albums. Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II left warehouses on September 17th. The band?s latest single, "Don?t Cry", appears on both discs; the familiar radio version on I.

Overseas, Axl Rose and his bad bunch left an indelible impression on foreign audiences. Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Germany all hosted the band, with the tour climaxing in front of 80,000 wild worshippers at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Here, Axl wore a Scottish kilt; his on-stage tirades against the press took on European targets: Sky, Time Out and Kerranq! Magazines were all victims of Axl?s vitriol.

Back in the U.S.A., there were welcome-home presents for the Gunners: assault and property damage charges filed by St. Louis authorities as a result of a July 2nd donnybrook at the Riverport Amphitheatre. And on newsstands everywhere was Steven Adler?s exclusive interview with Circus magazine, with the ex-drummer charging, among other bombshells, that he was fired for standing up to Axl Rose. Guns N? Roses denied all charges in the story.

Now, in another Circus exclusive, bassist Duff McKagan gives his side of the story, beginning with Adler?s dismissal. According to the bleach-blond bassist, the band gave Adler every chance they could.

"We had recorded like 18 tracks for the Use Your Illusion I record with Steven and it just wasn?t happening," Duff says. It?s a difficult subject to discuss.

"We put him through rehab like three times. I even went to his drug dealer?s house and threatened him with a gun and said, ?Dude, if you ever...?"

Duff sighs, unable to continue.

He says it was all for the good. Adler?s departure and the addition of new drummer Matt Sorum breathed new life into Guns N? Roses.

"Matt saved the band," Duff says matter-of-factly. "We were trying out drummers and there was a real low point after finally we had to kick out Steve. And it took us like a year to do it."

"We tried Martin Chambers from the Pretenders and that wasn?t happening, and a few other people. Drummers are the hardest part of the band to find. Especially with this band because it?s like totally a family, so we had to find somebody that?s like a bro." At a Cult concert, Duff found out that Sorum was available, because the Cult wanted to replace the Yank with an English drummer.

"Matt came in and kicked ass," Duff says. "And that put a foot up our ass. It was like, ?That?s right! We?re a fucking band, man, that?s right!? It?s like we forgot we were a rock and roll band that could kick ass. And it all came back. It was completely natural."

The addition of Sorum freed up the band so much that inspiration started flowing - that?s why Use Your Illusion is two volumes. And why Duff is making a solo album.

"I got Lenny Kravitz, he?s singing one song. And Sebastian from Skid Row, he?s going to sing on another song. Slash is putting some leads on here and there. And Prince, hopefully he wants to do it. He?s like an inspiration to me as far as songwriting goes, big time. It?s turning out pretty cool. I?ve got eight tracks done, all my tunes."

One song, Johnny Thunders? "You Can?t Put Your Arms Around a Memory," is dedicated to Thunders himself; the New York Dolls singer/guitarist who died earlier this year. Duff extends the dedication to Andy Wood of Mother Love Bone.

Mother Love Bone is from Seattle, the town where Duff McKagan grew up.

"The Fartz, do you remember that band? I was the drummer. Then we turned into Ten Minute Warning and I played guitar," he recalls, with a slight slur in his voice. Those bands were forerunners of the Seattle grunge movement, at a time when metal bands like Queensryche and hard rockers like Heart ruled.

Duff calls for his vodka and cigarettes, and they?re fetched from his leather jacket by a girl named Renee. He remembers a Fartz concert in one of the city?s lily-white suburbs that turned into a punch-up.

"All these heavy-metal dudes were like trying to kick our ass and we were like, ?bring it on, c?mon let?s go.?" He says the metal dudes eventually ran away.

He was also in the Fastbacks, and played on that still existing band?s first record and on a Fastbacks cut on the first Seattle Syndrome LP. He was in the Veins, who put out one single, and he founded a band called On The Rocks. Duff once said he was in 31 Seattle bands, variously playing drums, guitar and bass. He says he has a complete list somewhere, admitting that a lot of them were just party hands that played together only once.

Duff grew up in the University District, an area near the University of Washington that?s mostly working class, he was the last of eight kids. His parents were divorced and his mom supported the family as a typist. His real name is Michael, but he?s been called Duff since he was one or two. "It?s an Irish thing," he explains.

He says he hates the nickname "Rose." ?That?s dead,' he says. "They used to call Axl and me the Rose Bros. So it just kinda stuck. But it?s not my name, ya know?"

Duff was working clubs by the time he was 15, and dropped out of Roosevelt High School (also attended years later by Nikki Sixx, known in the school records as Frank Carlton Serafino Carlton.) "I got great grades and was in the gifted program and all that shit and I learned all I needed to learn. So I got my GED (grade equivalency diploma) and dropped out of tenth grade."

He got a day job working as a cook in a restaurant, playing clubs at night. I saved enough money to move to Los Angeles at 19, with fellow Ten Minute Warning member Greg Gilmore, and looked for a more challenging band to work with. Luck shined on him like the California sun.

"The first hour, I got a job at the Black Angus," he says. A week later, he answered an ad for a bassist in a free paper called the Recycler.

"That was the band with me and Slash and Steven called Road Crew, which was ill fated," he says. "And then I started playing with Axl, Izzy and a couple of other guys, called Guns N? Roses."

Through Seattle connections, Duff booked a series of West Coast shows for GN?R, starting at a Seattle punk club called the Gorilla Room. A couple of the guys didn?t want to go, so Slash and Steven Adler replaced them.

"We got enough money together to get a U-Haul and we had this old Pontiac," Duff recalls, "and we got a hundred miles out of L.A. and the car just broke down. We were like, ?Fuck!? So we grabbed our guitars and, with just the clothes we had on, started hitchhiking. But we got there. We got there like two hours before the gig, after five-million different rides."

That was a turning point for the band, an adventure that forged Guns N Roses into a monster. "That was like a total bonding experience for the band," Duff says. "It was like, if we can get through that, at that early stage, we can get through anything. It was our first gig - albeit we sucked, but it was like, ?So what? We got to it.?

But only 15 people showed up and the club manager didn?t want to pay the band.

"The guy promised us two-hundred and fifty bucks and only gave us fifty. We threatened to burn the place down and he called the cops and we high-tailed it out of there, after stealing more money from him."

It goes without saying that the rest of the tour was scrapped. A Seattle buddy of Duff?s gave the band a ride back to L.A., where the now-bonded Guns N? Roses started its march to the top.

So Duff, now that you?re in the biggest rock band in the world, what are you doing with all your money?

"That?s like the least important thing to me," he replies. "I bought some nice things for my mom. I bought a car; I bought a house. But as far as anything eccentric, no.

"The fame and money part of this whole thing are just bullshit to me. It?s great to have money. It gives you the freedom to do what you want. But that?s not what I got into this for. It?s more of a serious integrity thing. We?re a band. We?re in it for the music."

http://www.duffmckagan.net/cm91.htm

smoking Izzy? smoking

i_love_axl
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »

Thanks  a lot!, *Izzy* !!!!!!!!!!!  Kiss
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2005, 07:24:51 PM »

Duff seems to tell a few tall tales from time to time don't you reckon?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
MikeB
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 11:54:30 PM »

When actor Charlie Sheen was having problems with drugs, Slash begged him to quit because he claimed he's been more into drugs and thought Charlie didn't know much about drugs and how dangerous they were.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: