Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 16940 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

I just hope in 2006 they will come back a little bit more to the Bluesy Roots of what Rock Music is... you know.... let's not forget the bluesy element....That's what Rock n' Roll is about. It's the base, the soul and the heart of this music.

Without the blues, there is no Rock.
really?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »

. Plus its cool to hate Axl Rose anyway so you Axl will never win.

No offence, but I fail to see how this statement is anything other than nonsense.

I think people that "hate" Axl do so for very tangible reasons - such as: no-shows, delays, riots, lame performances, temper tantrums, marginalisation of other band members etc.. rather than some conspiracy against Axl or because it's "cool" to do so

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 08:51:04 PM »

Yeah I agree. When i saw them in 02 it seemed to me that it was Axl Rose and a house band. Maybe not that bad but I didnt feel chemistry between them all. Maybe that has changed.. Maybe not. As long as the music is good.. I will be happy.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 08:52:16 PM »

. Plus its cool to hate Axl Rose anyway so you Axl will never win.

No offence, but I fail to see how this statement is anything other than nonsense.

I think people that "hate" Axl do so for very tangible reasons - such as: no-shows, delays, riots, lame performances, temper tantrums, marginalisation of other band members etc.. rather than some conspiracy against Axl or because it's "cool" to do so

Nah.. its the new breed metal fans I am talking about. You can find them on blabbermouth and sites like that.. Axl is seems to be one of those guys that is just hated for some reason or another.. At least thats how I see it.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »

Yeah I agree. When i saw them in 02 it seemed to me that it was Axl Rose and a house band. Maybe not that bad but I didnt feel chemistry between them all. Maybe that has changed.. Maybe not. As long as the music is good.. I will be happy.

Interesting...after watching many bootleged performances of the 2002 tour I was thinking "wow, the band doesn't even seem into it."

I agree, I don't think there was much chemistry with the band. The only time I ever saw Axl act like it was Guns and Roses and not Axl and the boys, was RIR 3 when he introduced the band before he played Chinese Democracy

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 09:09:06 PM »

Interesting...after watching many bootleged performances of the 2002 tour I was thinking "wow, the band doesn't even seem into it."

I agree, I don't think there was much chemistry with the band. The only time I ever saw Axl act like it was Guns and Roses and not Axl and the boys, was RIR 3 when he introduced the band before he played Chinese Democracy

Watch the new songs they wrote together, they all esp axl rock out to them more and seem into it much more.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 09:12:05 PM »

Really? I'll watch my bootleg of the NY Shows then.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 09:30:56 PM »

Tit for tit, tat for tat, I favor the "new gnr" over the "old gnr"? How come?? Because I think overall they are a bit more talented then they were with the original lineup or during the Illusion years! If you compared each member by the instrument.

Drums---? Adler/Sorum vs Brain---->? Brain
Bass-----Duff vs Tommy----> Tommy
Lead Guitar-----Slash vs Bucket/Finck----->Slash
Rhythm------Izzy/Gilby vs Fortus/Huge---->Fortus/Huge

Final Score New Gnr 3-Old Gnr 1

New GNR WINS!

Just my opinion, take it or leave it
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:32:43 PM by zakas80 » Logged

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »

Oh yeah by the way, who cares about a bands image?  Its the MUSIC that counts!  And the music sounds AWESOME!!!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »

It's a combination of several factors.  First, people that don't like NuGNR are judgmental on a limited basis of knowledge - which is like deciding to buy a car without driving it.  Second, image means nothing, but to some people, image is everything.  I hate the word's image and style.  Some punk fucking fagot - that wears black clothes and black eyeliner, with black nail polish on the fingernails standing on the corner, acting as if he was deprived of some form of parental nourishment as a child - invented the new meaning of the word "style."  It has since been banished from my vocabulary.  At any rate, the music is in fact different than vintage GNR, but for all intents and purposes, we have no basis to draw conclusions.  The Blues sounds as if it was written by the original bad boys, but the likes of Rhiad and Silkworms are clearly a newer product.  It's hard to say one, way or another, what the future fanbase will look for.  Hopefully, their expectations aren't derived from the original band's precedent. 

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »

They hate the image. No other possibility, because this lineup sounds better than any of the previous lineups. In fact, this GNR lineup is a dream team.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 12:40:25 AM »

just check out robins reaction right after scom at msg or watch a performance of pc and ull see this band rock out...or the new songs..

what exactely do u want these guys to do onstage?? the same people that complain they play the old songs are the same people who complain about the members not rocking out and looking bored on stage. And I think most of you are blind or dont have the boots. Cause I have about5-7 vids of the new band and for th emost part the band rocks the fuck out onstage. Especially duiring the new songs. And songs like PC. HEck at Albany they were playing soccer on stage with Buckets toys.

do u guys want them to hold hand on stage and say look we are  tight? I mean cmon. Thevve done nothing different than what the old band did onstage except that they dont use the mic and talk. But maybe that will change as time goes on. When they tour on the album is when I will completely judge them.....till them blame Axl
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:42:20 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 12:42:11 AM »

I don't think it's an image thing. It's a music thing. And by this i mean there is no music from this lineup officially released. To the average person, if they even know about the lineup, it means nothing because they have produced no results. I love the new songs i've heard, and i love the new lineup, i think they are all great musicians, and all are professional in how they approach the band. But an album needs to be released with this lineup for the general public to be accepting of it. They can't keep playing AFD+3 new songs. If this is really a band, and an active, songwriting band that is not around for nostalgia/money like kiss, and most likely motley crue are, then we need material. The songs are obviously there, and so is name recognition. People are only waiting for a reason to care again. I talk about them and they are like gnr are still around??? Then i play the leaks and the live tracks, and they are all impressed. All we and the public needs is Chinese Democracy NOW.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 04:01:43 AM »

honestly, at first, bucket scared the shit out of me. he still kinda does that :-)
but i think he scared away many potential fans, and that might still be an issue for some, even after he left.

and the music? not many "neutral" fans have heard it, besides oh my god (i like! like a lot!), and that's not what people expected, many wanted "sweet child no 2" or something...
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 06:28:11 AM »

They hate the image. No other possibility, because this lineup sounds better than any of the previous lineups. In fact, this GNR lineup is a dream team.

we don't even know the full lineup yet. Axl said it's "most" of the people from the 2002 tour. In all honesty, we're just assuming most of the people are still going to be there, like Brain and Stinson...who knows?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 09:38:10 AM »

I'm sure people who dislike the new GnR do so for very different reasons or a combination of reasons. 
- only Axl is still in the band
- Axl's attitude that he is GnR
- their music is a departure from the sound that made them who they are
- poor live performances
- not showing up for concerts
- waiting 13 years for an album
- nobody knpws who the official line-up is
- some people just hate Axl's voice

Hell, who even knows what GnR's image is.  Nobody's seen them together since 2002. 

Now I'm not saying all these are true.  I'm sure people have there own reasons to dislike GnR.  The people I went to see the 2002 Philly show don't like them because they are not the original band and Axl is treating it like it is and the fact they didn't show up, therefore putting themselves in harms way while trying to get off the floor.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »

i like some of the new stuff, but id lose the techno stuff, image wise i hate new GN'R wxcept axl but ive lernt to except it, i like some new stuff, but i dont like the old tunes being played, IMO the old stuff isnt as good with this band

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 11:51:14 AM »

its nothing to do with image or sound

the sound of the new band is fine (different from original Guns, still good), they are all proficient musicians

Its just not right to some of us. Guns n Roses weren't just some run of the mill band that came and went. They were one of the all time greats. So to just replace all these key members who brought something unique to the sound and legend with hired hands, and then continue to claim it is still Guns, is hard for many to accept.

It would be very similar to if Robert Plant hired a guitarist, bass player and drummer and called it Led Zepplin. Or if Paul McCartney hired some guys and called it the Beatles.

Would you accept that?

Anyway, this is an old argument

you hit the nail right on the head... Everyone would be screaming bloody murder if other bands did shit like this.. Wether people quit or got fired it's not relevant, it's about the key members being gone..
nygiants82
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »

The only thing I dont like about the "new" GNR is that they dont really have any cohesivness about them. The old band looked like they were a band. The new band has so many different looking characters, or at least they did in 02. I guess we will see shortly. The most important thing though, the music, is great however.

"All we need, is just a little patience"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 04:04:49 PM »

i dont think it matters if peeps dislike new gnr...? Tongue

Agreed. But still, I do think it is image based. It's the only reasonable explanation, their music is fuckin awesome!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: