Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  .
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 2269 times)
GNFNR
« on: October 26, 2006, 05:47:10 AM »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:42:19 AM by GNFNR » Logged
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »

I'm gonna get it through the fastest way. I don't care if I have to buy it or download it.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 06:13:38 AM »

You can be both a downloader and a buyer. Ill be both.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 06:34:35 AM »

Forgive me if I've misunderstood the question - I'm old and techi stuff gets me ?confused ?I assume you're referring to illegal downloading of albums, as opposed to the ones you can buy at specific sites? ?In that case, and although I claim no knowledge of the workings of the mind of Axl Rose, I would imagine that he'd consider it theft of his work in exactly the same way as it would be if you walked into a record shop and walked out with the CD under your coat.

Terry Pratchett (genius of the written word and creator of the Discworld) says it succinctly in his response to interviewers asking how he feels about illegal copies of his work being available online:
"It's not so much the theft that annoys me as the justification of the theft. ?I'm annoyed to be told by arrogant people that 'information longs to be free'. ?I reply that, in that case, maybe they would like to 'free' their bank account details and shunt them in my direction!...
...I suspect that a lot of people who have copies of my books online are actually fans, and also have a hard copy on the shelf.? Fandom itself is a sort of socially acceptable piracy."

Obviously I agree with this (or wouldn't be quoting it!) and I guess many would consider it an old-fashioned view.? I don't like downloads anyway, even when legal, and shudder to think that there may come a day when I'm unable to get a tangible product, be it CD or vinyl, from my favourite artist.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Megaguns
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »

ill download it and wont lose any sleep what so ever, Axl can come and knock on my door.

When its out ill buy it also.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: