Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:06:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Never Mind The Buzzcocks
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Never Mind The Buzzcocks  (Read 3460 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: October 31, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »

Any fans here of this hilarious quiz show?

It's not much of a quiz it doesn't matter who wins it's all about the comedy, Bill Bailey, Mark Lammar & Phil Jupitus are excellent the rounds they have are great as well as some wonderful guests. Huey Morgan had to be one of the funniest ever, Stoned & Drunk he came out with some brilliant lines...

Anyway any other fans?

Incidently the new series starts tonight on BBC2 at 9.00pm .......Awesome Stuff!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 04:27:18 PM »

Fucking missed it! rant

I remember when Slash appreared on it 4-5 years ago, he was smoking and drinking on set and he got the words to Paradise City wrong. Well when i say wrong, he stated afterwards thats how the song "should" of been.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »

Fucking missed it! rant
Meh.? Don't worry it wasn't up to standard tonight they had some shite guests, that spoon who was in Savage Garden, That Melua twirp, some ITV kids presenter and some shite long heard irish comedian...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 08:58:35 AM »

Never Mind the Buzzcocks presenter Mark Lamarr is to be replaced by guest hosts for the next series of the BBC Two pop music quiz show.
Lamarr has taken charge of 17 series since Buzzcocks' launch nine years ago.

TV celebrities and musicians are expected to step into Lamarr's shoes as he has a break while the first lot of 2006's shows are filmed in the Spring.

Producers Talkback Thames are following the example of Have I Got News for You, which has used guest hosts since 2002.

Its host Angus Deayton was dropped in the wake of a series of tabloid revelations about his private life.

'Little break'

Lamarr, who also is a presenter on BBC Radio 2 , made his name on Channel Four's Big Breakfast in 1992 after being spotted as a stand-up comedian.

He is set to return to Buzzcocks after the next series is complete.

"After nine years he just wanted to take a little break," said a spokeswoman at Talkback Thames.

Lamarr is joined by two regular team captains on the show - Phill Jupitus, who has been on board since the programme started - and Bill Bailey, who took over from comedian Sean Hughes in 2002.

That sucks you don't need guest presenters, you need Lamarr he's fuckin' ace!  Word in the newspaper this morning also said that he's not expected to come back after his break.  Guest presenter names mentioned were Richard Fairbrass, Rick Wakeman & Ross Noble.  Now Dick Fairbrass would be cool but still he's not in Lamarr's league, his chemistry with Bailey is awesome....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 09:45:21 AM »

Shooting Stars was better.

Guest presenters will be shit. Especially if they descend into the likes of Charlotte Church (like Have I got...)...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 10:10:25 AM »

Shooting Stars was better.
Well that had Lamarr to but, meh, wasn't in the same league....... (IMO...obviously...)

Guest presenters will be shit. Especially if they descend into the likes of Charlotte Church (like Have I got...)...
They wouldn't stoop so low? Would they? Having presenters that Lamarr has spent years slagging off on the show...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:20:05 AM »

Well, I'll reserve my judgement until I see the lineup.

The great thing about Lamarr in Shooting Stars is that it was like he was playing a different character. I mean, obviously he would change dramatically between guest (well, captain) and host, but still...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:26:28 AM »

The great thing about Lamarr in Shooting Stars is that it was like he was playing a different character. I mean, obviously he would change dramatically between guest (well, captain) and host, but still...
True but i've never tired of his many different descriptions of what he'd like to see happen to Patrick Kielty Grin .....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »

He (Patrick Kielty) really isn't funny...

Saw him do standup, once.

Rubbish.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 05:44:25 PM »

He (Patrick Kielty) really isn't funny...

Saw him do standup, once.

Rubbish.
Yeah. I know. I hate him.  I guess his lack of talent and his irritating deminar is what annoys Lamarr to....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »

Comedian Bill Bailey is to leave Never Mind The Buzzcocks after 11 series.

A host of celebrity guests will fill the role of team captain in his stead. They include Mark Ronson, Frank Skinner, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Dee, Johnny Vegas and Bob Mortimer.

Bailey, 44, who had been on the show since 2002, has stepped down because of other work commitments.

The show's producer, talkbackThames, told The Press Association: "After 11 series selflessly, heroically and hilariously captaining one side on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, other commitments have sadly led to Bill Bailey being unable to take part in the forthcoming series of the hit comedy pop quiz."

Simon Amstell will return to host the quiz, which launched in 1996 and is one of BBC Two's longest-running shows.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a130609/bill-bailey-to-leave-buzzcocks.html

Guest Captains including....Dermot O'Leary....For smegs sake  no
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooo! I saw this, this morning. Bailey was immense.  Sad
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »

some really funny stuff has come out over the years on that show.

Personal favourites of mine. Alice Cooper, Amy Winehouse, Donny Tourette. The episodes with them in are REALLY funny. hihi

html sucks
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 09:43:46 AM »

Comedian Bill Bailey is to leave Never Mind The Buzzcocks after 11 series.

A host of celebrity guests will fill the role of team captain in his stead. They include Mark Ronson, Frank Skinner, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Dee, Johnny Vegas and Bob Mortimer.

Bailey, 44, who had been on the show since 2002, has stepped down because of other work commitments.

The show's producer, talkbackThames, told The Press Association: "After 11 series selflessly, heroically and hilariously captaining one side on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, other commitments have sadly led to Bill Bailey being unable to take part in the forthcoming series of the hit comedy pop quiz."

Simon Amstell will return to host the quiz, which launched in 1996 and is one of BBC Two's longest-running shows.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a130609/bill-bailey-to-leave-buzzcocks.html

Guest Captains including....Dermot O'Leary....For smegs sake  no

Only just seen this, shame Bill was a great part of the show. Having said that I didn't think they'd be able to replace Lamarr but Simon Amstell is brilliant, Buzzcocks is twice as funny with him hosting it.

I thought they'd just get Noel Fielding to replace Bill, he did a pretty good job last year when Bill was off touring.

^ I agree the Donny Tourette episode is great, one of the best.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »

Only just seen this, shame Bill was a great part of the show. Having said that I didn't think they'd be able to replace Lamarr but Simon Amstell is brilliant, Buzzcocks is twice as funny with him hosting it.

I thought they'd just get Noel Fielding to replace Bill, he did a pretty good job last year when Bill was off touring.

^ I agree the Donny Tourette episode is great, one of the best.
I'd guess they will of tried to get Noel might of been too busy.  Its reads like his departure is just for this series, although Lamarr's was meant to be and he never came back, Amstell has been fantastic in his place though, the episode where that guy walked off...from Ordinary Boys was very good to.  One of my all time faves was when Huey from Fun Lovin' Criminals was on. (2003 one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7TInU3FiU&feature=related
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »

Really love the show!! Too bad we don't get it here in Finland... And also sad to see Bill go.

Agreed that Amstell has been really good (though I was introduced to the show on his first season).

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: