Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary  (Read 28476 times)
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 07:45:33 AM »

i think it's crazy. but there is something wierd about all that.
it's the craziest thing that every happend in history.
i think it's even worst than the Nazi camps, because it was done by the ones that were supposed to be the good ones (USA).

yeah, and people deep inside know that this nuclear strike was the craziest, most horrible thing, that happen in history, and yet ... there is a wierd feeling. like we dont wanna be held responsible or something.... i dont know ...

i totally agree with that opinion, there seems to be alot of hypocrisy were the US is concerned.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 09:44:51 AM »

I'm glad we nuked them. Japan was just as evil as Germany. They would lock women and children in abandoned houses and let them die of thirst. The only thing that put a stop to that kind of shit was vaporizing a few hundred thousand of them. I've read books about that day. There were so many dead bodies flowing through their rivers that all you could see was bodies and blood. There was also people walking around with parts of their bodies melting off. They finally got a taste of their own medicine.

Dude you look and judge only the one side of the coin. None of them were saints.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 10:22:22 AM »

i think it's crazy. but there is something wierd about all that.
it's the craziest thing that every happend in history.
i think it's even worst than the Nazi camps, because it was done by the ones that were supposed to be the good ones (USA).

yeah, and people deep inside know that this nuclear strike was the craziest, most horrible thing, that happen in history, and yet ... there is a wierd feeling. like we dont wanna be held responsible or something.... i dont know ...

i totally agree with that opinion, there seems to be alot of hypocrisy were the US is concerned.

Don't say that around here....USA is always right, no matter what!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »

I'm glad we nuked them. Japan was just as evil as Germany. They would lock women and children in abandoned houses and let them die of thirst. The only thing that put a stop to that kind of shit was vaporizing a few hundred thousand of them. I've read books about that day. There were so many dead bodies flowing through their rivers that all you could see was bodies and blood. There was also people walking around with parts of their bodies melting off. They finally got a taste of their own medicine.

Dude you look and judge only the one side of the coin. None of them were saints.

don't answer to jameslofton29 outside of the Guns n' Roses section. he is just seeking reactions. he does not think what he says. or does not think at all Wink

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 12:57:28 PM »

We can't sit back 60 years later and do all this would've, could've, should've stuff.  For better or for worse it happened.  Yes, thousands of civillians lost their lives but how many more would have died if there was an invasion of mainland Japan?  All nations have learned from this event or it would have happened again. 

As for an earlier posts question of what has the US done to make it up to Japan, how about rebuilding thier country and turining it into one of the most powerful economies in the world?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 01:12:32 PM »

We can't sit back 60 years later and do all this would've, could've, should've stuff.  For better or for worse it happened.  Yes, thousands of civillians lost their lives but how many more would have died if there was an invasion of mainland Japan?  All nations have learned from this event or it would have happened again. 

As for an earlier posts question of what has the US done to make it up to Japan, how about rebuilding thier country and turining it into one of the most powerful economies in the world?

yeah japanese are all happy
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=japan+suicide&btnG=Search

Grin

but yes, the world has learned a lot from the past. yes. we've learned sooo much Wink

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 01:26:04 PM »

I didn't say all the Japanese were happy.  You can't say that about any country's people. 

I guess I should have said that most nations have learned lessons from Hiroshima with the exception of the great leadership of the US.  As sad as it makes me to type this the US was the first to use these weapons and will probably be the second too.  We had a Congressman from Oklahoma advocate nuking Mecca if terrorists struck within the US again.  Thats drunken bar talk, it's not what a supposed leader should be saying!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2005, 01:35:40 PM »

Yes, thousands of civillians lost their lives but how many more would have died if there was an invasion of mainland Japan??

Why would they ever needed to have invaded?

Simple blocakde would have done the job in months

Also - if they had invaded, Japan had no oil - what would they have fought back with?

The whole invasion angle is a blatant lie - and Japan was sueing for peace before either bomb was dropped

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2005, 01:42:27 PM »

Oh, so fighting to the last man on Okinawa and Iwa Jima is sueing for peace?  Japan's deployment of suicide bombers and the tactics they had employed on previous islands led to the decision that was made.  I hardly think that the Japanese would have rolled over for a blockade, nice pipe dream though.  Last time I checked you don't need much oil to shoot a gun or throw a grenade.  I don't think that the Viet Cong had vast oil reserves and they kicked the US's ass.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2005, 02:07:22 PM »

i think drooping the bomb was a terrible thing , in the other hand , i dont know if the things about that deccision saving the lives of one million people counting japanese and americans its true , i think japan was going to keep fighting , they trained women children and almost all the people to atack if there was an invasion , did america really nedded to invade japan? like one poster said maybe they didnt . its hard , to drop a bomb like that its inhuman and shouldnt be done for whatever reason . but its hard to know what had to be done .
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2005, 02:29:14 PM »

Instead of material resources japan has very obedient and diligent citizens.

Yeah, I guess the economic growth has profited Japanese government and the big business, Especially Japanese financial combines who'd have been benefited from any war.

Is it much help to the people who've suffered all their life from the A bomb disease?

I never get why those innocent people should have oppressed under the tyranny of their "own" military government that wasn't of their choice before the bomb and then got killed or fatally disabled by the bombs.

I'd say influencing Japanese government to give Those civilians civic rights first time was the best thing the US has done to Japan.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2005, 04:20:08 PM »

Wat-Ever, I'm not trying to get reactions. I'm just saying how I feel about the situation. Japan deserved the hell that those bombs caused. They were seeking world domination. The U.S. made them change their minds.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2005, 04:44:38 PM »

Wat-Ever, I'm not trying to get reactions. I'm just saying how I feel about the situation. Japan deserved the hell that those bombs caused. They were seeking world domination. The U.S. made them change their minds.

Are you the Japanese who was seeking the world domination or what? Roll Eyes

Do you know any japanese who lived that era?
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2005, 05:40:04 PM »

Isn't the US seeking world domination now? aren't they trying to impose there values on the rest of the world? haven't they just invaded a country? do they deserve to be nuked as well?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2005, 07:18:12 PM »

Isn't the US seeking world domination now? aren't they trying to impose there values on the rest of the world? haven't they just invaded a country? do they deserve to be nuked as well?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.

By all accounts, many parts of the world believe we are trying to dominate the globe, as we set up military bases around the middle east.

All the while our liar in the whitehouse cries "democracy" but only his version of it, picked and executed by our blue prints only.

Hmmm.......

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 12:09:31 AM »

Yes, all the nations that seem to be ripe for democracy also, ironically, are ripe with oil, natural gas, or some other commodity.  The Bush Cartel is very imperialistic but they don't seem to be very good at it so this will all pass, I hope.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 01:23:47 AM »

US seeking world domination?? Thats funny. If we were seeking world domination, we would get it as fast as it takes to fuel our nuclear missiles.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 02:28:18 AM »

US seeking world domination?? Thats funny. If we were seeking world domination, we would get it as fast as it takes to fuel our nuclear missiles.

The missing link has been revealed......
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2005, 10:18:50 AM »

I love the topics that start on this board.

The two bombs being droped on Japan were the best thing that could happen. It stoped a war without a huge loss of American Life (which is what our militay's goal is). The misinformed could say that we wouldn't have had to invade Japan, but we would have. The Japanese weren't stopping that war. We would have sent in troops and lost tens of thousands of men in days..... not to mention the huge loss of Japanese life. I get that it is tragic if a civilian is killed, but when you are in a war and it is between 1 Japanese civilian and 1 US troop, sorry the civilian is dead. Until you people serve you can have all the opinions you want, but they don't mean anything.

We had a Congressman from Oklahoma advocate nuking Mecca if terrorists struck within the US again.  Thats drunken bar talk, it's not what a supposed leader should be saying!

Whats wrong with that.... There are plenty of  "Good Muslims" that are harboring and or covering up for these terror groups. I think they should be given a warning. "If you want to make another attack within our boarders be advised, the second the attack is launched by you we will have ten bombers in the air with ten targets, the first is Mecca, the next 4 will be anounced on the day of the bombing, and the last five will be a suprise.... Good Luck." If they want a wall to turn to 8 times a day they will stop their attacks.... We arent dealing with rational people, we are dealing with people who want to exterminate us. The only way to fight back a group like that is to take that same intensity at them, you can;'t just wish them away. It's times like these that I wish George Bush would channel Harry Truman and end this "War on Terror" the quick way. Of course there is no reason to drop nukes..... that is crazy, but a few well guided MOAB's would do the trick.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 10:48:39 AM »

The Japanese weren't stopping that war

Yes, they were.
Do you think they could have invaded US at that point? Had they even managed to fly over the US cities?

The missing link has been revealed......
idea So, the outline of the story is, 

the then liar in the Whitehouse dropped the A-bombs for starters to demonstrate that America's world domination started, which was soon deterred by USSRs nuke armament, and now the new liar in the Whitehouse is up to it again?
That's about the size of it?

do they deserve to be nuked as well?
No, as far as there are civil people like SLCPUNK.
In any nation of any time they have individuals like us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: