Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary  (Read 28473 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2005, 11:21:14 AM »

I'll end with this............

If I was in a team of 5 soldiers (WAT-EVER, "Prom" (i know where not going steady), SLC, Gilld1, and my self) I wouldn't let a 50 yearold treaty lead to any of your deaths because an old woman, child, or cripple might get killed saving you. My only goal in that situation would be keeping you safe, not saving a civi from the country we are at war with. Anyone who isn't prepared to do anything to protect their squad has no business being in a war zone.

I guess if you don't agree with that, we will never agree, so why debate it........

i guess not my man... i guess not

but what i want to see right now.... is a who was right and who was wrong about the convention.... come on.... lets see it.....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2005, 01:13:03 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.  You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.  Pat yourself on the back.  I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.  Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.  Get a fucking sense of humor, the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?  I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.  You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2005, 02:29:35 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.  You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.  Pat yourself on the back.  I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.  Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.  Get a fucking sense of humor, the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?  I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.  You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!
I guess size is less important than quality.
How about you follow your own advice from now on?
Me too learned a lot. It was a bit of shock to know the mentality or the intelligence of the people to whom today's most powerful country's sovereignity rests with. Well I still put my hopes on the ppl like SCL. Besides, they say All that prosper must decline.
Getting new knowledge is always great innit? ok
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2005, 03:26:10 PM »

I'll end with this............

If I was in a team of 5 soldiers (WAT-EVER, "Prom" (i know where not going steady), SLC, Gilld1, and my self) I wouldn't let a 50 yearold treaty lead to any of your deaths because an old woman, child, or cripple might get killed saving you. My only goal in that situation would be keeping you safe, not saving a civi from the country we are at war with. Anyone who isn't prepared to do anything to protect their squad has no business being in a war zone.

I guess if you don't agree with that, we will never agree, so why debate it........

i guess not my man... i guess not

but what i want to see right now.... is a who was right and who was wrong about the convention.... come on.... lets see it.....

you were right, I was misinformed...... BUT i stand by my point of view, regardless of that document (it is out dated, it certainly shouldn't apply to terrorists, it was writen just post WW2)
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »

Me too learned a lot. It was a bit of shock to know the mentality or the intelligence of the people to whom today's most powerful country's sovereignity rests with. Well I still put my hopes on the ppl like SCL. Besides, they say All that prosper must decline.

exactly.. though i dont put to much fait on SLC.... lol

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
MCT
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2005, 04:18:20 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.? You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.? Pat yourself on the back.? I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.? Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.? Get a fucking sense of humor, the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?? I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.? You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!

exactly.. though i dont put to much fait on SLC.... lol

Haha!

Good fella to be in power!

Although...I'd probably do my part to help put him in office, just to see what he'd be like.

And that's not what yer talking about is it... Embarrassed

Oh well...

...(just for good measure)...

...the dots I mean...

ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2005, 05:06:32 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.? You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.? Pat yourself on the back.? I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.? Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.? Get a fucking sense of humor, the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?? I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.? You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!

Another one who can't handle the fact that he was proven wrong.....

Pay attention to the rules if you want to keep learning new things on this board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2005, 05:41:06 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.

Thanks, weren't we debating the morality of Hiroshima and Nagaskai?

You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.

I didn't show u up - a lack of knowledge on the topic was what showed u up

? I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.

But u sought to challenge someone who has spent 2 years researching this, i did warn in advance...

Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.

If u don't know much about the topic such belligerant posts are not needed - ur not likely to find me in the most forgiving of moods when u challenge facts...i didn't create them ya'know

Get a fucking sense of humor

Thanks, but i think its fine - i've found this thread enjoyable and amusing

the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?

Dunno

I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.

When u attack every point i make in an aggresive manner i have to ask ' was it really me that turned this into a contest?'

You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!

This ways cheaper hihi

Now, please to the topic in hand...if there any more valid arguments to be made?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 05:46:58 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2005, 05:58:09 PM »

Izzy, you're such an arrogant piece of shit.

Thanks, weren't we debating the morality of Hiroshima and Nagaskai?

You guys and your little egos that depend on showing up someone on the Net.

I didn't show u up - a lack of knowledge on the topic was what showed u up

I am not a History expert nor doI claim to be.

But u sought to challenge someone who has spent 2 years researching this, i did warn in advance...

Thaks for clearing somethings up, I've learned a few things on here I didn't know but you don't have to be asshole about it.

If u don't know much about the topic such belligerant posts are not needed - ur not likely to find me in the most forgiving of moods when u challenge facts...i didn't create them ya'know

Get a fucking sense of humor

Thanks, but i think its fine - i've found this thread enjoyable and amusing

the liberal thing was a joke because isn't that a new dirty word in the US?

Dunno

I must have missed the part where all discussions become contests.

When u attack every point i make in an aggresive manner i have to ask ' was it really me that turned this into a contest?'

You should try a penis enlarger instead of trying to put others down to make up for it!

This ways cheaper hihi

Now, please to the topic in hand...if there any more valid arguments to be made?

well izzy... i have to disagree with everything that you ahve said...... and that YOU are 100% wrong on all accounts...........and im not going to back up my statement im jsut going to pop out of the thread.... and consider this a victory for me.......

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2005, 06:54:19 PM »

Izzy, because you have studied the subject at such depth you know stuff that is not considered common knowledge so you have to expect some (myself included) that think that you're BSing.  For example, the accidental bombing of London, sounds pretty far fetched to the casual student of history.  I believe you but you have to understand that we are not all experts.  I can see why you think I was being aggressive in some posts but that was not at all times intended.  It's mostly that I am usually in a hurry on here.  You have the knowledge to be a teacher but too many times you sound like a preacher.  Is this your thesis?

Jarmo, if I couldn't handle then why am I still here?  I'm not running anywhere.  Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2005, 07:08:57 PM »

Rules?? We don't need no stinking rules!!

Sorry, but people like yourself has made it clear we do need them.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2005, 11:08:08 AM »

BUMP

i went to an exhibit in the Hotel de Ville (townhall) of Paris yesterday, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
And this was very intense.

I saw pictures i haven't seend before, and read stuff that i didnt know about.

* the story of a girl who, starting having cancer and so, years after, who in her hospital bed, thought that making 1,000 little paper birds will make her survive. She started, made like hundreds of birds, and then died ... her school then raised money to make a momnument about her and all the kids that suffered

* the fact that the american army named the Bombs ' Little Man ' and ' Big Boy ' .... nicknames .... this is insane. And how the president was told that the 1st bomb was built with the phrase " the baby is born ..."

* in the exhbit there was this very strong picture of a destroyed, tore appart, Church and.... in the debris, the huge Jesus Christ sculpture on the cross ... uspide down.
i found it very ironic, strong, sad, funny, that the people who planned, launched, pressed the button in the plane, were i'm sure faithful christian and that they actually bombed the symbol of their religion, burnt priest and churches (nagasaki had a very large christian community)

* the actual pocket watch of a young man, which stopped and melted at 08:15

* the fact that the US did plan to hit at 8.15am because it was known that most people would be outside (seeking for casualties?)

* nagasaki was not the actual planned target, it was another town, but due to coulds situation, the plane changed his route and went to nagsaki, that is why the bomb exploded at 11am.

* the fact that these bombing happened very early in nuclear weapon history, it was cleary a test for the US. they actually tested their weapon on real human being.

and i really think that these bombing were the most crazy and insane thing that happend in history. i think it's bigger than the fuckin birth of Jesus Christ, bigger than the crusades, than the Nazi camps, than 9/11 than anything ....
because, unlike nazis, the united states were supposedly the "nice ones" ....

well. that's it Smiley

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2005, 07:36:10 PM »

BUMP

i went to an exhibit in the Hotel de Ville (townhall) of Paris yesterday, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
And this was very intense.

I saw pictures i haven't seend before, and read stuff that i didnt know about.

* the story of a girl who, starting having cancer and so, years after, who in her hospital bed, thought that making 1,000 little paper birds will make her survive. She started, made like hundreds of birds, and then died ... her school then raised money to make a momnument about her and all the kids that suffered

* the fact that the american army named the Bombs ' Little Man ' and ' Big Boy ' .... nicknames .... this is insane. And how the president was told that the 1st bomb was built with the phrase " the baby is born ..."

* in the exhbit there was this very strong picture of a destroyed, tore appart, Church and.... in the debris, the huge Jesus Christ sculpture on the cross ... uspide down.
i found it very ironic, strong, sad, funny, that the people who planned, launched, pressed the button in the plane, were i'm sure faithful christian and that they actually bombed the symbol of their religion, burnt priest and churches (nagasaki had a very large christian community)

* the actual pocket watch of a young man, which stopped and melted at 08:15

* the fact that the US did plan to hit at 8.15am because it was known that most people would be outside (seeking for casualties?)

* nagasaki was not the actual planned target, it was another town, but due to coulds situation, the plane changed his route and went to nagsaki, that is why the bomb exploded at 11am.

* the fact that these bombing happened very early in nuclear weapon history, it was cleary a test for the US. they actually tested their weapon on real human being.

and i really think that these bombing were the most crazy and insane thing that happend in history. i think it's bigger than the fuckin birth of Jesus Christ, bigger than the crusades, than the Nazi camps, than 9/11 than anything ....
because, unlike nazis, the united states were supposedly the "nice ones" ....

well. that's it Smiley

WTB..... im in such a mixed mood about everything that you have posted, I wish i could go see that exbit for myself, alas france is a long way away from me...... well mainland france is, sait-peirre et miqulion are jsut a 30min ferry ride away.

I really dont know what to say to your statements, its not that i cant attack them, its not that i want to attack them......... i think im broken..... its jsut that for the most part i cant not agree. Simply the only question that one can ask ones self is did the ends justify the means. That question is something that you can only answer for yourself and is something no one can every change for you. For me the naming of these devices is a moot point. Had they been named somethign different there effect would still have had the far reaching affects. The most notiable is the overwhelming sence that it has bestowed that these weapons should not be used and the resolve that they are meant only as a final movement of desperation. However in the state of the world it "MAD" the whole if i cant win neither can you. In all things there is a winner and a loser, it would come to that point that if a launch had occured all would loose unless one side decided that it is better for the world to let your nation loose then to destroy everything for everyone.

tactily the allied resonce to a full european ground attack by soviet forces was for a tactical nucelar attack on the tank bases of the USSR because without that all of NATO could not provide a ground force capable of stoping a russian invasion. i think the numbers were 3:1 or 4:1 infoavour of the russians. These nukes were for military targets alone. The ICBM fleets of both the US and Russia was for MAD... the nucelar deterrent. and a bipolar world is more stable then the current state of affairs.... at least then we knew who are enemies were, unlike now where it could be the little old lady sitting on her step.

and yes I do have to thank the US for its massive military budget keeping me safe at night without that im sure i would be a commie.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: