Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Profiling? -Test Inside-
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Profiling? -Test Inside-  (Read 32483 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2005, 03:47:30 PM »

its not so much that you are a facsist stae its jsut that you dont try to show that you are not.......

Yeah, America has gotten terrible at PR since the fall of the Berlin Wall. But if we're not a fascist state, why should we even have to show that we are not? There shouldn't be a reason unless someone was unjustly putting that label on us.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2005, 12:46:31 AM »

To clarify, I am against any system that places groups of people in a camp or removes them from society.  While I do understand the reasons for japanese internment, the idea of forcing people into colllective camps sickens me.  That being said, profiling at airport security is a different issue all together. No one has a right to air travel, (hence all driver's license) it's a privledge.  The United States is at War with terrorist of middle eastern descent and those terrorist have used planes as their means of force.  I do support inspecting any and all Middle Eastern males that go through airport security.  Again, this is a private business outside of government control.  Middle Eastern Terrorist are the major terrorist threat as well as the only to use aircraft in their attack.  All people make a choice to utilize aircraft as transportation.  There is a difference between choosing to ride on aircraft and walking down the street and being searched.  In fact, most Arab Americans are willing to make a small sacrifice at Airport security for the safety of everyone.  I don't like the idea of inconviencing anyone, regardless of ethnicity.  I am a libertarian, the only group to believe and support true freedom.  However, the cost of rights comes with a cost both fiscal and in terms of liberty.  The rights and freedoms we enjoy is determined by the populace and the more freedoms and rights we have the higher the cost must be.  I truly feel sorry for Arab Americans that must be scrutinized during this trying time, but I would expect no less scrutiny if all White, Brunette Agnostics were a major terrorist threat against me.  Regardless of your poliical affiliation, there is no way that someone can deny that profiling works as an effective means of protection against terrorism.  I wish we did live in a utopia where everyone just got along, but I have to live in the real world; a place many of you have forgotten.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2005, 12:55:28 AM »

To clarify, I am against any system that places groups of people in a camp or removes them from society. While I do understand the reasons for japanese internment, the idea of forcing people into colllective camps sickens me. That being said, profiling at airport security is a different issue all together. No one has a right to air travel, (hence all driver's license) it's a privledge. The United States is at War with terrorist of middle eastern descent and those terrorist have used planes as their means of force. I do support inspecting any and all Middle Eastern males that go through airport security. Again, this is a private business outside of government control. Middle Eastern Terrorist are the major terrorist threat as well as the only to use aircraft in their attack. All people make a choice to utilize aircraft as transportation. There is a difference between choosing to ride on aircraft and walking down the street and being searched. In fact, most Arab Americans are willing to make a small sacrifice at Airport security for the safety of everyone. I don't like the idea of inconviencing anyone, regardless of ethnicity. I am a libertarian, the only group to believe and support true freedom. However, the cost of rights comes with a cost both fiscal and in terms of liberty. The rights and freedoms we enjoy is determined by the populace and the more freedoms and rights we have the higher the cost must be. I truly feel sorry for Arab Americans that must be scrutinized during this trying time, but I would expect no less scrutiny if all White, Brunette Agnostics were a major terrorist threat against me. Regardless of your poliical affiliation, there is no way that someone can deny that profiling works as an effective means of protection against terrorism. I wish we did live in a utopia where everyone just got along, but I have to live in the real world; a place many of you have forgotten.

I'm glad we agree about that whole internment thing.? ?Airport security is fine with me.? Everybody and their belongings are x-rayed.? From my experience I haven't seen any racial profiling.? When they used to do those random searches at the gates themeselves, i haven't noticed any tendency to do extra searches for minorities.?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: