Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I'm going on a no-sleep marathon - 14 days without sleep!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm going on a no-sleep marathon - 14 days without sleep!  (Read 18980 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:25:25 AM »

A 17-year-old boy holds the world record for staying awake eleven days straight. I'm often awake into the wee hours of the morning anyway so I've decided I'm going to break his record and stay awake for two weeks straight. I'll be drinking much Rock Star, Red Bull, and using HTGTH a lot, too.

They say after a couple days is when you start hallucinating. I think I'm going to start this Sunday and see how far I can get. Should be interesting!

I'm making this to prove I actually did it in case Guiness needs verification - this way I can prove I had plans to do this and with eyewitness testimonies by family members and friends and this documented proof they'll put me in their books.

Wish me luck!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:35:32 AM »

WEll hell good luck! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 02:37:08 AM »

Let us know when you see the shadow people.............

I saw them around the 4th day once..............
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:11 AM »

Now THAT is fucking hilarious.  The over/under I will set at 85 hours!  At 84 hours, you'll be like, "Yes, I made it to 3 1/2 days!"  Before you realize you did it, you'll be asleep that hour.
 hihi

That "shadow people" line made me laugh. 

I don't know.  I'd caution against this kind of self-abuse.  In the grand scheme of things, this can't possibly help yor body.  I hope you'll reconsider.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 07:39:23 AM »

I'm making this to prove I actually did it in case Guiness needs verification - this way I can prove I had plans to do this and with eyewitness testimonies by family members and friends and this documented proof they'll put me in their books.

You sure that's enough?

But still, good luck!! ok
Elrothiel
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:53:11 AM »

Good luck! Hope it works out! And then when you're done you can sleep straight for another 14 days! ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 09:02:08 AM »

You're gonna need at LEAST an eight ball of meth. Probably more. Dont drink anything but coffee or soda. I know you can do it. I stayed up a week before, but had to go to bed due to the crash of running out of meth. rofl

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »

You're kidding... right?

Or do you really think a message on a messageboard is enough proof to convince enough people to get a world record.. Another thing is that the whole idea is pretty idiotic if you ask me (you propably won't).

I suggest you read at least this, and hopefully do a bit more studying of this before attempting anything like that.
http://www.thedoctorslounge.net/medlounge/articles/sleep/index.htm

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 11:16:15 AM »

A 17-year-old boy holds the world record for staying awake eleven days straight. I'm often awake into the wee hours of the morning anyway so I've decided I'm going to break his record and stay awake for two weeks straight. I'll be drinking much Rock Star, Red Bull, and using HTGTH a lot, too.

They say after a couple days is when you start hallucinating. I think I'm going to start this Sunday and see how far I can get. Should be interesting!

Wish me luck!

Get a job u hippy

If u have 14 days to waste you must be living the worlds most boring and unproductive life - try entering that into the record books instead

Sir, you have my contempt
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 11:18:29 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

Several months ago I didn't sleep for 10 days... not by choice, I was withdrawing from methadone (taken for a sciatic nerve injury, NOT heroin).  By the fourth day I thought I was going to have a psychotic episode, which kind of happened around the sixth day, when my mother took me to CVS pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Ambien.  I started screaming in the store and couldn't stop.
Lack of sleep does devastating things to the body.  There will come a point where your body will shut down, so I agree with James, the kid probably took something other than red bull to stay up.  Plus, I think Guiness requires A LOT of documentation.  I don't think they will accept eyewitness testamony.  If they did, anyone with their friends and family can lie and say they broke a record.  If it's really important to you, CALL GUINESS!  Ask them what proof they need.  They're not going to look at a message board as proof, because how can you prove you were the one sending all of the messages.  But don't start this without knowing for sure what you need for Guiness. 
Also, don't even think about driving!  Breaking a world record isn't worth killing someone on the highway.
So, be prepared, be smart... and good luck.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 01:44:51 PM »

you have no idea what you are getting yourself into, there are so many rules you have to follow when attempting to break an existing world record.
You really need to contact guiness first, you might wanna check their site...
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:13 PM »

Here's the link to break or make a world record. 
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records4/Checker/Intro1.asp
It looks like you have to apply first before you attempt to break a record and the approval time for applications is 4 to 6 weeks.
J-Studham
Headliner

wtfmynameisjames

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »

Buddhists sit with their back straight and their legs crossed (makes it impossible to sleep) so they can meditate for hours without sleeping. I'm gonna try it one day

"Mother fucker its the perfect crime"
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »

14 days without sleep?  Fuck that, I wouldn't want to go 14 hours without sleep. hihi

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 08:28:37 PM »

very impressive, good luck! i love sleep so i cant go more than 24 hours without any sleep lol
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »

Wish me luck!

stay off the gas mate ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 09:16:37 PM »

Surely 2 WEEKS without sleep, appropriate medication(?)and other  preperations could do some major damage?Even IF you somehow managed. Which sounds very unlikely. If you are serious about this, it might be better to do some homework regarding the matter for starters?
And ay, I bet Guiness couldn't care less. Family testimonials and message board announcements mean jack shit.
I've been holding my breath for 4 months now.This thread and my mom can prove it.

But ehh, Skipping an occasional night is pretty interesting/fun.
I often end up taking 24-30 hour sleepless bursts before important exams and such.I'm sure I could not/don't want to take it any farther than that:)

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Australian_Love
Banned
Headliner

from australia with love!.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 09:20:21 PM »

god what a stupid idea,? i would insult you, but i'd cop some more karma? Grin.?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3671/goldy1us7.jpg

it's a little hard to leave when you're going down on me.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 09:24:28 PM »

Meh don't listen to the haters RR.

Do it for the glory!  hihi

gnrevolution.com
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...