Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spiderman III
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiderman III  (Read 24093 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: April 22, 2007, 02:22:05 AM »

I cannot wait till May 4th!

This is gonna kick off the blockbuster season on an amazing note.

Who here is excited?

I think it can be better than the 2nd one which is my favorite.

Comments, trailers but no spoilers please.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:31:35 AM »

Couldn't care less about it.

Unless they show some bare naked asses.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 03:16:19 AM »

Couldn't care less about it.

Unless they show some bare naked asses.

your in luck then .....Going to see Spidermans ass. that should get you hot and heavy  ok

going to be there opening day. looks like its going to kick ass.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:28:10 AM »

Shame every detail in the film has leaked....

I was hoping for more Venom Cry

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »

this looks awesome, i think we already have a thread on it though.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »

I was hoping Venom would come in at the very end to set up the 4th movie where he was the only villian or at least the main one. Venom is too kickass to play second fiddle to Harry's Goblin and the Sandman. That's a shame.

Anyways, it looks like it'll be great and I'm pretty pumped.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »

I was hoping Venom would come in at the very end to set up the 4th movie where he was the only villian or at least the main one. Venom is too kickass to play second fiddle to Harry's Goblin and the Sandman. That's a shame.

...apparently that was the plan (the 300 million dollar budget including preparation for SM4)...but now it seems everyone involved wants to do different things (i.e they want more money) and we'll have a new cast and director for the next one

..which i think could be a good thing, Sam Raimi is no genius in my book (stopping trains with your bare hands?) maybe he could go butcher the next Superman film with Bryan Singer instead

Quick! To the bandwagon!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »

Anyways, it looks like it'll be great and I'm pretty pumped.

I still don't see how they're going to fit all those characters and storylines into one movie.  Based on the first two, I have faith, though...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:07 PM »

...apparently that was the plan (the 300 million dollar budget including preparation for SM4)...but now it seems everyone involved wants to do different things (i.e they want more money) and we'll have a new cast and director for the next one

..which i think could be a good thing, Sam Raimi is no genius in my book (stopping trains with your bare hands?) maybe he could go butcher the next Superman film with Bryan Singer instead

Sam's next flick that may or may not butcher will more then likely be "The Hobbit".

Dude Singer isn't the only person to blame for the shit fest none as superman Returns also got to blame the writers.

As for the Spider-Man 3 , i do worry about the three villains being in it all at once. Though by the end it will only be to during the final action sequence.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »

Superman Returns trumps any of the other comics-related movies released since the new era of comics movies started happening not too long ago. Even Batman Begins, and I'm a loyal fan of the Batman through and through. It's a real shame so many people couldn't get behind it, and I don't bother debating it. People have different tastes and I respect that (so don't bitch me out for liking it, either).
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »

Superman Returns trumps any of the other comics-related movies released since the new era of comics movies started happening not too long ago. Even Batman Begins, and I'm a loyal fan of the Batman through and through. It's a real shame so many people couldn't get behind it, and I don't bother debating it. People have different tastes and I respect that (so don't bitch me out for liking it, either).

Really? I thought Superman Returns sucked. Then again, I was never a big fan of Superman so I'm not a fair critic anyways. Glad someone liked it.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:21:06 PM »

Really? I thought Superman Returns sucked. Then again, I was never a big fan of Superman so I'm not a fair critic anyways. Glad someone liked it.

i'm a huge Superman fan and i thought Superman Returns was solid.

i think the worst comic movies are X: Men 3 and Daredevil.

X: Men 3 was such a huge dissapointment after the other two quality X: Men movies.... fuckin' brett ratner. i think if Bryan Singer stayed with the project it would have kicked ass.

i'm happy spiderman 3 is still directed by the same guy, sam raimi did a good job on the first two IMO.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »

i'm a huge Superman fan and i thought Superman Returns was solid.

i think the worst comic movies are X: Men 3 and Daredevil.

X: Men 3 was such a huge dissapointment after the other two quality X: Men movies.... fuckin' brett ratner. i think if Bryan Singer stayed with the project it would have kicked ass.

i'm happy spiderman 3 is still directed by the same guy, sam raimi did a good job on the first two IMO.

x-man 3 wasn't that bad. Bret did a decent job consider dude came in to directed it shortly before film started ,due to Mathew Vaughen leaving the directors chair. If would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Brett been around for the whole pre-production stages.

I'm pretty happy to see same direct the 3rd spider- man too.

as for the worst comic movie ever . Fantastic Four still reigns at top for me . complete shit all around. the only good thing was Jessica alba and that was only when she wasn't talking.

Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »

X-men 3 is fucking awesome!!! My 3 favorite comic book movies are Daredevil director's cut, Spider-man & X-men 3... Fantastic Four, Spider-man 2, X-men, X2, Ghost Rider, The Hulk and The Punisher I enjoy a lot as well... Elektra is mediocre... Spider-man 3 looks awesome and I've read some good reviews...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

No genius, but still one of only two guys to make a good superhero flick in the last decade (aka "ever"). If you remove Raimi and Nolan's movies from the equation your best comic book directors are suddenly Singer and. . . I don't know, take your pick from whoever directed one of the other Marvel-brand celluloid abortions. Do you really want a Spider-Man 4 directed by the guy who made Fantastic 4? Or Ghost Rider? Or Elektra?
Edward Rose
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »

I have a good Kirsten Dunst story.

I was flying from Zurich, Switzerland to New York City in 2005 and had a stop-over in Toronto, Canada. So I'm sitting in the smoking room at the Toronto airport and this really cute blonde girl walked in. Looked about 19. Dressed sort of "hippy," her hair was really blonde and straight, and she was kind of short.

So I struck up a conversation with her and chatted for a few minutes about Amsterdam and weed. (Apparently she gets high)

Then this couple from Germany looked at her and asked... or I THOUGHT they asked her to take their picture. She said, "No, I'd really rather not. I'm sorry."

So then me... like a nerd, looks at the couple from Germany and I'm like, "I'll take your picture for you." I thought they were doing that tourist thing where they need a third person to take their picture. Then the blonde girl says to me, "No, it's because I'm an actress." So I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I guess cuz I just came from Amsterdam and saw 1,000 pretty blonde girls, my mind just mixed you up with them."

Then we chatted for a few more minutes and she put her cigarette out and left the room... telling me to enjoy the rest of my trip on the way out.

Later that day when I got home I was trying to figure out who she was. The reason I couldn't pin it down was because she looked NOTHING like she did in the last movie I saw her in... Spiderman. Her hair was straight and didn't have the goldie locks curls like in Spiderman. Her hair was more white blonde and not yellow'ish like in Spiderman. And she was short. (you never know how tall or short actors are on TV or the big screen)

I eventually figure it out though.... and felt like a big tool afterwards.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »

No genius, but still one of only two guys to make a good superhero flick in the last decade (aka "ever").

we are in complete agreement, Spiderman 1 and 2 put other comic book films to shame - but thats as much to do with ineptitude of the others...

What makes Spiderman 1 and 2 so good (the proper backstory, the 'human' development, the decent acting etc etc) - all those things SHOULD be part of any superhero film, we praise Spiderman for doing it, but really - they should be par for the course, Raimi is just doing what any one with a brain would have done, nothing more

If you remove Raimi and Nolan's movies from the equation your best comic book directors are suddenly Singer and. . . I don't know, take your pick from whoever directed one of the other Marvel-brand celluloid abortions. Do you really want a Spider-Man 4 directed by the guy who made Fantastic 4? Or Ghost Rider? Or Elektra?

Indeed, indeed - comic book films have been a rather distressing experience

...what was the deviant behind Daredevil and Fantastic Four thinking about? Money? Going home?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:12:37 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 05:09:29 PM »

Sam Raimi recently said that there are plans to do a 4th, 5th, and 6th movie. Should be cool assuming the original cast would actually want to do it.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

Sam Raimi recently said that there are plans to do a 4th, 5th, and 6th movie. Should be cool assuming the original cast would actually want to do it.

The films are averaging 800 million at the Box Office, there will be sequals for ever.... untill they do a 'Batman and Robin-esque' disaster....then they'll just reboot and do it all again....genius, you cant lose!

...it might even be an idea to build into any long running series an installment so awful that a reboot is the only answer....then you can take all the storylines you've already used, get in new actors and rake in new money for old rope - seems to be the current fad, Bond, Batman, Star Trek.....some new ideas might be nice guys....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »

...it might even be an idea to build into any long running series an installment so awful that a reboot is the only answer....then you can take all the storylines you've already used, get in new actors and rake in new money for old rope - seems to be the current fad, Bond, Batman, Star Trek.....some new ideas might be nice guys....

Well, the Batman movie did use new characters and a new story so it's not really a refurbished version of what's gone before (until the next one at least.) I think that with some franchises  there really are more stories that you can tell which make it worthwhile. On the other hand, some franchises have nowhere to go (especially horror franchises, what can you really do with a Halloween or Friday the 13th reboot? Bond is a good non-horror example of that too.).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: