Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spiderman III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiderman III  (Read 24076 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

Superman Returns trumps any of the other comics-related movies released since the new era of comics movies started happening not too long ago. Even Batman Begins, and I'm a loyal fan of the Batman through and through. It's a real shame so many people couldn't get behind it, and I don't bother debating it. People have different tastes and I respect that (so don't bitch me out for liking it, either).

Really? I thought Superman Returns sucked. Then again, I was never a big fan of Superman so I'm not a fair critic anyways. Glad someone liked it.

Superman returns sucked big fat moose cock.

1. The plot was super lame and lazy.
2. The actors were terribly miscast. The woman who played Louis Lane looked like she was a sorority girl.
3. Brandon Routh is a wooden Soap Opera actor and doesn't deserve to hold Reeves jockstrap.
4. Zero chemistry between any character.
5. The twist about Superman being the father of Louis's kid was fucking retarded.
6. Parker Posey kicks ass, and that's about it. 
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 02:50:45 AM »

Superman Returns trumps any of the other comics-related movies released since the new era of comics movies started happening not too long ago. Even Batman Begins, and I'm a loyal fan of the Batman through and through. It's a real shame so many people couldn't get behind it, and I don't bother debating it. People have different tastes and I respect that (so don't bitch me out for liking it, either).

Really? I thought Superman Returns sucked. Then again, I was never a big fan of Superman so I'm not a fair critic anyways. Glad someone liked it.

Superman returns sucked big fat moose cock.

1. The plot was super lame and lazy.

It had a plot?

...so there isnt enough land for everyone, so Lex Luther decides to create new land and kill billions

...but if billions have died why would they need his new land??

...how could anyone live on that rock anyway?

nope, that film had no plot just a series of increasingly bizarre situations tied together only by the fact the same actors where in each scene

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 04:30:44 AM »

OK here's the deal. I liked Spider-Man and I loved Spider-Man 2...until Batman Begins came out. Goodness gracious it blew Spidey 2 out of the water in my eyes. I'm hoping SM3 can raise the bar but from the trailers I've seen and that 7 minute clip with Harry and Peter, I can't say that it looks like anything other than "more of the same." That's a shame too. Hopefully Venom and Sandman kick some ass, but I am not as hyped about this as I was when the first "Black Spidey" picture came out like a year ago. I'm way more pumped for The Dark Knight now and if Spidey's sequel could improve as much as it did over the first one (just as X2 improved over X-Men quite a bit), then just imagine a proportional increase in quality for TDK over BB. Considering I think BB is already the best superhero movie ever, that'll be insane if TDK improves on it. LOL.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:33:02 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »

spiderman 3 can kiss my ass.. the venom suit's supposed to make spidey turn evil and not regard people's lives as valuable as long as the bad guy gets stopped, not just turn him into a prick who treats his wife like shit.. spiderman 2 was a piece of shit movie too.. the whole fucking time he bitches about how being spiderman puts his loved ones in danger.. well that's what the secret identity's for, ya ass! the first spiderman was the only good spiderman movie in my eyes

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 01:20:05 AM »

the venom suit's supposed to make spidey turn evil and not regard people's lives as valuable as long as the bad guy gets stopped, not just turn him into a prick who treats his wife like shit..

No it isn't. If you actually know your Spider-Man storylines you'd know that he ditched the black suit when he realized that it was a living creature which was so addicted to "being" Spider-Man that it was taking over Parker's body while he was sleeping and having adventures of its own. The reason that Venom is so hateful is because the symbiote is angry that Parker rejected it.

If you're going to judge the movie by how faithful it is to the original story, perhaps you should compare it to the original story and not to a cartoon which itself was unfaithful to the source.
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 07:49:54 AM »

Whoever said Toby Mcguire or however you spell it, acting is of high order all I have to say is? rofl he is one of the most 1 dimensional actors i have seen.

All his facial expressions remind me of is someone taking a dump? confused. I like Kirsten Dunst her acting is ok. I just hate Mcguire.

Batman Beigns was solid som my hope for the Dark Knight is still intact, although bringing back the Joker why...... surely we could have avoided the comparison with the spot on version Jack nicholson portraid.

Saying that I will see the movie with an open mind and I hope my gripes with Mcguire do not ruin the film.... oh and too much cgi can ruin films.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 08:35:32 AM »

spiderman 3 can kiss my ass.. the venom suit's supposed to make spidey turn evil and not regard people's lives as valuable as long as the bad guy gets stopped, not just turn him into a prick who treats his wife like shit.. spiderman 2 was a piece of shit movie too.. the whole fucking time he bitches about how being spiderman puts his loved ones in danger.. well that's what the secret identity's for, ya ass! the first spiderman was the only good spiderman movie in my eyes

that was a bloody funny comment, kudos to making me laugh.

i h ope this spidey is better than spider man 2, it had too much plot and life scenerios over fight scenes, they could have done much more with bad guy in spider man 2.

html sucks
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 09:19:16 AM »

Batman Beigns was solid som my hope for the Dark Knight is still intact, although bringing back the Joker why...... surely we could have avoided the comparison with the spot on version Jack nicholson portraid.

Saying that I will see the movie with an open mind and I hope my gripes with Mcguire do not ruin the film.... oh and too much cgi can ruin films.

Nicholson's Joker was awful. Good performance, bad Joker. The first couple of Batman movies were okay but they were far from good representations of the characters. And while being faithful to the source material is by no means the most important factor in making the movies "good" I still don't think that Tim "Everyone who knows me knows that I would never read a comic book" Burton was the right guy to "reimagine" Batman for the big screen. I don't think that Nolan and his crew have to worry about being on the losing side of a comparison to the previous movies.

Back on topic; Too much CGI may be a bad thing but there's a good reason why Spider-Man projects never got off the ground before cheap CG was commonplace. You can't really argue that it would be possible to make a good Spider-Man movie with miniatures and mattes. And the CG has been of a high standard so far, it's not as if we've been suffering through sub-standard effects. So if the effects are necessary and the effects are good what's to complain about? Now if only there were some computer effect which would make Kirsten Dunst's "acting" watchable. . . . 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »

Now if only there were some computer effect which would make Kirsten Dunst's "acting" watchable. . . . 

Or just more wet t-shirt scenes, like in Spidey 1.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »

Nicholson's Joker was awful. Good performance, bad Joker. The first couple of Batman movies were okay but they were far from good representations of the characters. And while being faithful to the source material is by no means the most important factor in making the movies "good" I still don't think that Tim "Everyone who knows me knows that I would never read a comic book" Burton was the right guy to "reimagine" Batman for the big screen. I don't think that Nolan and his crew have to worry about being on the losing side of a comparison to the previous movies.

Back on topic; Too much CGI may be a bad thing but there's a good reason why Spider-Man projects never got off the ground before cheap CG was commonplace. You can't really argue that it would be possible to make a good Spider-Man movie with miniatures and mattes. And the CG has been of a high standard so far, it's not as if we've been suffering through sub-standard effects. So if the effects are necessary and the effects are good what's to complain about? Now if only there were some computer effect which would make Kirsten Dunst's "acting" watchable. . . . 

LMFAO. Dunst and the old lady who plays Aunt May are both pretty bad. "I believe there's a hero in all of us" while trembling cuz of a past stroke or Parkinson's or something. George Carlin once said that we should make the Miss America losers keep coming back until they win. After about 35 years it would get kinda weird. Trembling, he says in a Aunt May voice, "I just want to work on world peace." Then he busts out with his sarcastic voice, "Fine, sit down before ya fall down!" Grin
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 02:01:26 PM »

OK here's the deal. I liked Spider-Man and I loved Spider-Man 2...until Batman Begins came out. Goodness gracious it blew Spidey 2 out of the water in my eyes. I'm hoping SM3 can raise the bar but from the trailers I've seen and that 7 minute clip with Harry and Peter, I can't say that it looks like anything other than "more of the same." That's a shame too. Hopefully Venom and Sandman kick some ass, but I am not as hyped about this as I was when the first "Black Spidey" picture came out like a year ago. I'm way more pumped for The Dark Knight now and if Spidey's sequel could improve as much as it did over the first one (just as X2 improved over X-Men quite a bit), then just imagine a proportional increase in quality for TDK over BB. Considering I think BB is already the best superhero movie ever, that'll be insane if TDK improves on it. LOL.

Batman Begins is the kind of film that makes me afraid to go near a cinema

...a microwave gun that vaporises water...but not nearby pesky humans made of 70%+ water? Roll Eyes

...Liam Neeson prancing about taking about destiny and swordfighting as if the Phantom Menance had never happened - might as well have had Ewok's as the ninjas.....

...dialogue that makes NO SENSE, at various points in the film Katy Holmes manages to say the exact opposite of what she was saying only a few scenes previously....

...Christian Bale's AWFUL ''acting'' - ''when i speak normally i'm Bruce Wayne...but when i speak really deeply - i'm Batman!'' Genius! - and what was with that FAT neck?

...that NO ONE works out the Batmobile looks strangely like a Wayne Industries prototype.....did the engineers just forget? Die?

and of course the biggest one of them all

Bruce Wayne is legally declared dead, when he is infact very much alive - thats a felony! That would lead to MASSIVE tax fines and imprisonment - not to mention he'd have lost control of Wayne Industries (unles he perhaps named himself in his will!!!!!) - but no, he comes back and everyone's like 'oh hello there!'

Batman Begins was a stupid, brain dead film almost without equal - i felt i was actually losing brain cells watching it, did no one else notice any of this stuff?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 02:15:38 PM »

...a microwave gun that vaporises water...but not nearby pesky humans made of 70%+ water? Roll Eyes

...Liam Neeson prancing about taking about destiny and swordfighting as if the Phantom Menance had never happened - might as well have had Ewok's as the ninjas.....

...dialogue that makes NO SENSE, at various points in the film Katy Holmes manages to say the exact opposite of what she was saying only a few scenes previously....

...Christian Bale's AWFUL ''acting'' - ''when i speak normally i'm Bruce Wayne...but when i speak really deeply - i'm Batman!'' Genius! - and what was with that FAT neck?

...that NO ONE works out the Batmobile looks strangely like a Wayne Industries prototype.....did the engineers just forget? Die?

Bruce Wayne is legally declared dead, when he is infact very much alive - thats a felony! That would lead to MASSIVE tax fines and imprisonment - not to mention he'd have lost control of Wayne Industries (unles he perhaps named himself in his will!!!!!) - but no, he comes back and everyone's like 'oh hello there!'

Batman Begins was a stupid, brain dead film almost without equal - i felt i was actually losing brain cells watching it, did no one else notice any of this stuff?

its based on a comic book and its a movie. your not supposed to analyze it. jesus christ its about some guy who prances around in a suit and cape with pointy ears..... your not supposed to take it THAT seriously.

Batman Begins kicked ass.

and if thats all you can find wrong with Batman Begins, i think thats a good thing, you could write a book on what an atrocity Batman And Robin was. oh and most of your points were just opinion and are highly arguable, the only valid one was the microwave thing. and even that isnt that big of a deal when u realize the whole premise of the movie and comic book is a little out there, as i stated early, a vigilante dressed as a bat running around gotham.

and i saw u liked Rocky Balboa, so did I. but we can analyze that too!! a 60 year old guy fighting a champion boxer in his prime would probably get killed...... again, its a MOVIE!!

i'm not bashing you or anything, please don't get all defensive, i'm just pointing out some things.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:18:22 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 12:07:32 AM »

Don't even get me started on pretty much every other comic book film out there, including all the other Batman films. You want a stupid, brain-dead comic book film, just watch Fantastic Four or X-Men: The Last Stand. Character development is almost entirely missing from those films and the plots are completely ridiculous. Whoever thought of having Juggernaut get beat by a 12 year old girl should have their balls cut off and shoved down their throat.

Oh, and if you think Begins was bad, check out Batman Returns. Penguins with rocket launchers. WONDERFUL!  Roll Eyes And while we're on this topic, Batman '89 had a nice screwup regarding a major plot point. Batman has a jet full of rockets and missiles and a target locked onto the Joker, and Joker doesn't get hit at all despite about 15 shots being fired at him. Then, Joker pulls out a 5 foot long pistol and with one shot takes out Batman's jet. How ridiculous is that? You see, if you really wanna take comic book films seriously, then you'll realize that most of them are utterly ridiculous (including Spider-Man 2 with the fusion bullcrap).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:13:57 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 12:11:23 AM »

Don't even get me started on pretty much every other comic book film out there, including all the other Batman films. You want a stupid, brain-dead comic book film, just watch Fantastic Four or X-Men: The Last Stand. Character development is almost entirely missing from those films and the plots are completely ridiculous. Whoever thought of having Juggernaut get beat by a 12 year old girl should have their balls cut off and shoved down their throat.

lol agreed. shame about X:Men, i love the first two. i actually think the second one was better than the first.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 12:14:36 AM »

lol agreed. shame about X:Men, i love the first two. i actually think the second one was better than the first.

Yep me too. The first one is good, but the second one is very good. It's 2nd on my superhero films list behind Batman Begins.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 02:54:33 AM »

its based on a comic book and its a movie. your not supposed to analyze it.

switch off brain right?

and if thats all you can find wrong with Batman Begins, i think thats a good thing

nah, thats just what i could remember was wrong with the film - give me time i'll be back with more

and i saw u liked Rocky Balboa, so did I. but we can analyze that too!! a 60 year old guy fighting a champion boxer in his prime would probably get killed...... again, its a MOVIE!!

Rocky was about 55 in the film, and if he can take Drago's 1250 ppsi blows then HELL YEAH could he take a champion 30 years his senior!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »

switch off brain right?

ummm, exactly, to a certain degree. have u forgotten that the purpose of movies, especially these types of movies, is to have fun? and not analyze shit.

Rocky was about 55 in the film, and if he can take Drago's 1250 ppsi blows then HELL YEAH could he take a champion 30 years his senior!

maybe. but thats a big "if".

look, all i'm trying to say is that when you have a movie with such a ridiculous premise when compared to real life, i doubt the writers really cared if the microwave thing made sense, or if they worried about some law about being legally dead, c'mon man.

regarding Spiderman 3, i have high hopes, but more villains doesnt necessarily mean a better movie. look at Batman And Robin and X: Men: 3.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:57:38 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »

as long as it's better than #2
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

switch off brain right?

and if thats all you can find wrong with Batman Begins, i think thats a good thing

nah, thats just what i could remember was wrong with the film - give me time i'll be back with more

So let me get this straight, you can suspend your disbelief about boxing but not about superheroes? LMFAO. And also, let me get another thing straight here. You accuse us of turning our brains off, and yet you can't even put a coherent sentence together. I think you meant something along these lines:

"Rocky was about 55 in the film, and if he can take Drago's 1250 ppsi blows then HELL YEAH could he take a champion 30 years his junior!"

Those in glass houses should not throw stones, especially regarding other people's intellect. Had he beaten a champ that was 30 years his senior as you wrote, he would have beaten an 85 year old according to your description of Rocky being 55 in the film.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:08:38 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »

So let me get this straight, you can suspend your disbelief about boxing but not about superheroes? LMFAO. And also, let me get another thing straight here.

Rocky is about overcoming seemingly impossible odds - the film featured Rocky triumphing over...you guessed it...

Rocky films are to all intents and purposes superhero films complete with supervillians blessed with superhuman abilities...Drago punches at 2150 ppsi!?!?! Tyson hit at 1200.....

You accuse us of turning our brains off, and yet you can't even put a coherent sentence together.

accuse Huh

What an odd thing to say....

Those in glass houses should not throw stones, especially regarding other people's intellect. Had he beaten a champ that was 30 years his senior as you wrote, he would have beaten an 85 year old according to your description of Rocky being 55 in the film.

hihi well spotted

lol - that is a typo my friend, i'm sure you've never made one

another example of a typo is this

'i think you rock!'
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:13:23 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: