Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:51:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Report: Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report: Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military  (Read 23482 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: September 02, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295529,00.html

Report: Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military

Sunday , September 02, 2007

The Pentagon has drawn up plans for massive airstrikes against 1,200 targets in Iran, designed to annihilate the Iranians? military capability in three days, according to a national security expert in Sunday?s edition in the Times of London.

Click here to read the full story from the Times of London.

Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center, said last week that US military planners were not preparing for ?pinprick strikes? against Iran?s nuclear facilities. ?They?re about taking out the entire Iranian military,? he said.

Debat was speaking at a meeting organized by The National Interest, a conservative foreign policy journal. He told The Sunday Times that the US military had concluded: ?Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.? It was, he added, a ?very legitimate strategic calculus?.

President George Bush intensified the rhetoric against Iran last week, accusing Tehran of putting the Middle East ?under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust?. He warned that the US and its allies would confront Iran ?before it is too late?.

One Washington source said the ?temperature was rising? inside the administration. Bush was ?sending a message to a number of audiences?, he said to the Iranians and to members of the United Nations security council who are trying to weaken a tough third resolution on sanctions against Iran for flouting a UN ban on uranium enrichment.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) last week reported ?significant? cooperation with Iran over its nuclear program and said that uranium enrichment had slowed. Tehran has promised to answer most questions from the agency by November, but Washington fears it is stalling to prevent further sanctions. Iran continues to maintain it is merely developing civilian nuclear power.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 10:41:41 AM »

"Yep - we're fucked"

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »

I'm kind of weary of going into another country to pick a fight, but if you compared the 2003 Iraq to the 2007 Iran,
Iran is a much bigger threat than Iraq ever was.

However, we are so invested in Iraq right now attacking Iran would really complicate things.

What would be left of the Iranian military would surely go after us in Iraq ( even more than they do now with their covert operations)

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:53:15 AM »

I'm kind of weary of going into another country to pick a fight, but if you compared the 2003 Iraq to the 2007 Iran,

However, we are so invested in Iraq right now attacking Iran would really complicate things.

What would be left of the Iranian military would surely go after us in Iraq ( even more than they do now with their covert operations)

So when's the draft?

Because if we're dumb enough to go into Iran, then you sure as hell know that it's going to be brought back.

That's when I move to fucking Canada!

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »

Surely this will further stabilize the region...

I got an idea: How about we all just bomb each other to shit, after all that is what our experts believe will lead to world peace, democracy and freedom.

10 bucks to the first one who can say the above sentence with a straight face.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »

Threat to what?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:05:35 AM »

We're fucked when it comes to dealing with Iran.

Do nothing and they develop the bomb, then they use the leverage to control the middle east.

Strike first and we have the beginnings of a much bigger war.

The best we can hope for is the Iranian people get fed up with their leaders and overthrow them.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 11:13:15 AM »

Threat to what?

Something about them having Nuclear weapons I think....and there is no real counterbalance to them politically in the region.

Edit: China keeps North Korea in check, that is why there can be a dialogue with them regarding their nuke program where all parties can come away with something at the end. Iran is a different situation. Iran wants more power and control in the region and having nukes would give them a lot of clout to bully the middle east and Israel. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:25:35 AM by Chad Pennington » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »

Threat to what?

Something about them having Nuclear weapons I think....

Nuclear Weapons does not make them any more of a threat than other nuclear powers.

But they do limit the forcing hand of the U.S., and that is of course what this is really all about. Greed and power. Switch the rockets for spears and we're all but living in 500 BC again beer

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »

I don't recall other nuclear powers threatening to wipe other countries off the map. That makes a big difference.

Also, who are they willing to sell nukes to?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »

I don't recall other nuclear powers threatening to wipe other countries off the map. That makes a big difference.

That's a western media lie. The translation is a falsehood.

Well, the U.S. sold it to them, so who should we be worrying about the most?

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »

Do nothing and they develop the bomb, then they use the leverage to control the middle east.

The best we can hope for is the Iranian people get fed up with their leaders and overthrow them.

we let them, help them, gain civil nuclear power
we start a global discussions concerning nuclear weapons, and either let them have the bomb or show signs that we reduces our possessions (including israel's).
we re-evaluate our obsessions of controlling the middle east... i mean the world.
we re-evaluate our so called democracy and free market and stop wanting to spread that fake freedom all over the world, comparing our silicone tits to burka.

it's time the west talk to the rest of the world the right way. not like a father but like a brother.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

Are you Iranian? It just seems absurd that the translation was false.

Can you provide any evidence the US sold nuke secrets to them? We've been enemies of Iran since their Islamic Revolution & 1979 hostage crisis.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:52:24 AM by Chad Pennington » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 11:47:35 AM »

we let them, help them, gain civil nuclear power
we start a global discussions concerning nuclear weapons, and either let them have the bomb or show signs that we reduces our possessions (including israel's).
we re-evaluate our obsessions of controlling the middle east... i mean the world.
we re-evaluate our so called democracy and free market and stop wanting to spread that fake freedom all over the world, comparing our silicone tits to burka.

it's time the west talk to the rest of the world the right way. not like a father but like a brother.

I don't agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I will agree that talking down to another country never yields positive results. The US tends to do that at times.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »

Can you provide any evidence the US sold nuke secrets to them? We've been enemies of Iran since their Islamic Revolution & 1979 hostage crisis.

It seems absurd that Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor, that Tonkin Bay was a lie, the Kuwaitian girl who testified about the hospital incident in 91 was an agent, Bin Laden has purposly been let to escape, CIA smuggling drugs, WTC being an inside job, and just today you could read about the planted evidence in the Lockerbie explosion. The list goes on.

Yes, it truly is absurd, but it's also the truth.

Pardon my sold, gave would be more appropriate.

Washington - In a clumsy effort to sabotage Iran's nuclear program, the CIA in 2004 intentionally handed Tehran some top-secret bomb designs laced with a hidden flaw that U.S. officials hoped would doom any weapon made from them, according to a new book about the U.S. intelligence agency.

But the Iranians were tipped to the scheme by the Russian defector hired by the CIA to deliver the plans and may have gleaned scientific information useful for designing a bomb, writes New York Times reporter James Risen in "State of War: The Secret History of the CIA and the Bush Administration."

Scientists and officials working on Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme have admitted for the first time that they gave Iran crucial technical information on building an atomic bomb.

It's time to take action before our 'leaders' bring everything to shit.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »

im praying to whatever god that england does not get involved with this one. please please please dont let us go to war against a country that are so retarded they would nuke us without thinking it over.

html sucks
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »

im praying to whatever god that england does not get involved with this one. please please please dont let us go to war against a country that are so retarded they would nuke us without thinking it over.

If the nukes start flying, we're ALL fucked man. It's game over.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »

i never wanted a nuclear war in my time Sad if theres one way i didnt wanna die it was from nuclear bombs.

html sucks
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 12:43:46 PM »

i never wanted a nuclear war in my time Sad if theres one way i didnt wanna die it was from nuclear bombs.

I don't want to die anytime soon either man - just keep praying to God that this doesn't happen.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »

WTC being an inside job,

i stopped reading after this.  Do you think Elvis was an alien to (and that hes still alive!!!)? 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: