Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)  (Read 22424 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:54 AM »

Good BUY, Guv?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:31:53 AM »

saw the website of the Emperors Club.  I don't blame Spitz... the girls with lots of diamonds are HOT!  beer

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »

Who cares, it's his personal life...he shouldn't have to resign because of it....hes got the cash, so why not have some fun?

Axl is God.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »

5k for a chick ... Meh, I can get one for 1/5 that price.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »

not looking good for spitzer.

i think much like the craig situation, people cannot stand the hypocricy. 

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »

not looking good for spitzer.

i think much like the craig situation, people cannot stand the hypocricy. 

Yeah, as far as I can tell here in NYC, the focus is much more on his anti-corruption career and in particular that he busted similar prostitution rings, than what he actually did with/to her. I guess republicans don't hate the NY Times so much, at least for today Smiley

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

Craig survived it. Granted, I don't think they've had an election since then so he's probably a lame duck. Spitzer is definitely a lame duck in his state now. His approval rating was 33% in November even before this scandal. He might not even make it to campaign for re-election.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »

The lieutenant governor, David Paterson, is very well-respected among leaders of both parties in the state and would be the state's first black governor (and first legally blind one).  He has the potential to be an excellent governor, so who knows, maybe this will all end well for New York.

Here's his mini-bio...

http://www.ny.gov/governor/ltgov/bio/index.html

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:41:46 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

Talk about a unique guy! First black governor of New York and first blind governor in the entire nation's history. That would be a big deal! That'd be awesome if he has a successful governorship. And it looks like Spitzer WILL be resigning according to the NY Times and WS Journal, so congrats to Mr. Paterson and good luck to him.  beer
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:39:30 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »

Craig survived it. Granted, I don't think they've had an election since then so he's probably a lame duck. Spitzer is definitely a lame duck in his state now. His approval rating was 33% in November even before this scandal. He might not even make it to campaign for re-election.

that's true, but Craig's situation was different so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

i for one don't have an issue with the hypocricy of these situations. the fact that he brought down prostitution rings as governor should be a positive thing for him, not thrown back in his face. 

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »

that's true, but Craig's situation was different so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

i for one don't have an issue with the hypocricy of these situations. the fact that he brought down prostitution rings as governor should be a positive thing for him, not thrown back in his face. 

He broke the law, and potentially is guilty of a federal offense by paying to have the prostitute go from one state to another. That holds a prison sentence of 20 years. So it's not necessarily the hypocrisy that's the problem, it's that he broke the law.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 03:08:26 PM »

The Dems and their girls.

The Republicans and their boys.

hihi
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »

The Republicans and their boys.

hihi

rofl rofl rofl rofl
sandman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

He broke the law, and potentially is guilty of a federal offense by paying to have the prostitute go from one state to another. That holds a prison sentence of 20 years. So it's not necessarily the hypocrisy that's the problem, it's that he broke the law.

i agree with you, and that is what the issue should be.

but i've been listening to NY radio all day and that's not what's important to most people. the hypocrisy of his actions. it's the fact that he's been this "holier than thou" figure that has ruled with an iron fist and come down hard on various groups, including prostitution rings. all while he may have been shopping for new prospects.

breaking the law is a big issue, but Americans are very forgiving. just ask Bill Clinton.

but you're probably right. although paying for a high end hooker is not a huge deal to alot of people, it is still a crime with potentially serious consequences.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 03:33:49 PM »

The Republicans, McGreevy (D, NJ) and their boys.

hihi

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »

i agree with you, and that is what the issue should be.

but i've been listening to NY radio all day and that's not what's important to most people. the hypocrisy of his actions. it's the fact that he's been this "holier than thou" figure that has ruled with an iron fist and come down hard on various groups, including prostitution rings. all while he may have been shopping for new prospects.

breaking the law is a big issue, but Americans are very forgiving. just ask Bill Clinton.

but you're probably right. although paying for a high end hooker is not a huge deal to alot of people, it is still a crime with potentially serious consequences.

It sounds like the whole transportation thing is going to be a bigger deal than just paying for sex. He's facing 20 years mainly because of aiding her transportation, whereas it would be a much smaller deal legally if he had done this in New York. It's not surprising that the radio people are up in arms over his hypocrisy. I was just listening to one radio personality that was pissed that the governor can pay $4000 for an hour of sex but the state has a $4 billion deficit.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.   if he resigns that would be a very sad thing for this country.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.   if he resigns that would be a very sad thing for this country.

No it wouldn't. It sounds like his replacement offers better governing skills to begin with. Spitzer had a 33% approval rating in November. It's not like this douche bag was doing a great job before this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:43:10 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »

No it wouldn't. It sounds like his replacement offers better governing skills to begin with. Spitzer had a 33% approval rating in November. It's not like this douche bag was doing a great job before this.

the Lt governor was not voted to be governor.   Spitzer was, it is his job and his responsibility.   Hookers has nothing to do with his governing skills.    Its no one's fucking business.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.

The fact he used tax payers money to transport the hookers??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: