Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)  (Read 22434 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.   if he resigns that would be a very sad thing for this country.

No it wouldn't. It sounds like his replacement offers better governing skills to begin with. Spitzer had a 33% approval rating in November. It's not like this douche bag was doing a great job before this.

the Lt governor was not voted to be governor.   Spitzer was, it is his job and his responsibility.   Hookers has nothing to do with his governing skills.    Its no one's fucking business.

It's no one's business that he's paying for illegal things with his salary, which is paid for by TAXPAYERS? Alrighty then.  hihi
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »

^ From what I heard he used government vehicles... Not paid for by him  ok
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »

I think the most amazing part of all this is that the Dow Jones had its biggest one day gain in 6 years the day after it comes out that the guy who, as NY Attorney General doled out the stiffest ever monetary sanctions to Wall Street financial institutions, was fucking hookers.

This guy was truly hated by the financial industry.  Here's a quote by a former board member of the New York Stock Exchange (and former target of Spitzer):  ""We all have our own private hells.  I hope his private hell is hotter than everyone else's."

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

^ Ya know, I never thought of it that way... Very good point
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

I think the most amazing part of all this is that the Dow Jones had its biggest one day gain in 6 years the day after it comes out that the guy who, as NY Attorney General doled out the stiffest ever monetary sanctions to Wall Street financial institutions, was fucking hookers.

This guy was truly hated by the financial industry.  Here's a quote by a former board member of the New York Stock Exchange (and former target of Spitzer):  ""We all have our own private hells.  I hope his private hell is hotter than everyone else's."

This is more related to the FED's intervention in the market than the Spitzer news. FED is lending $200 billion to banks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:27:56 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:22 PM »

Why are so many politicians scum bags?  I mean really!!  Every year we hear about 2 or 3 cases where our politicians are being sexual deviants.  Yes, cheating on your wife counts in that category.  Can anyone answer how so many scumbags end up in politics?  How do they get that far? 
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »

Why are so many politicians scum bags?  I mean really!!  Every year we hear about 2 or 3 cases where our politicians are being sexual deviants.  Yes, cheating on your wife counts in that category.  Can anyone answer how so many scumbags end up in politics?  How do they get that far? 

They get that far because they get money from prostitution. lmao. Just kidding.

Honestly, I really don't know. Some of my left-wing extremist friends think the whole political system is corrupt and I tend to agree with them now. I'm so aganist the political system that I refuse to vote.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »

Can anyone answer how so many scumbags end up in politics? 

Probably somewhere around 99%

How do they get that far?

Maybe, lying, cheating, manipulation, duplicity, ... ad infinitum.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »

I'd like to know if he got the 7 diamond rated girl.  she looks pretty hot from what you can see.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »

I'd like to know if he got the 7 diamond rated girl.  she looks pretty hot from what you can see.

ROFL! This whole thing is just hilarious. I was listening to the radio today and they were making fun of Alan Dershowitz because he went on TV last night and said that the issue was being "blown out of proportion." The radio host, Randi Rhodes, emphasized the word "blown." Had me crackin' up. She said that any words used to describe this story will be turned into double entendres because it's just too easy.  hihi
sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »

i really feel bad for his wife. she looks like a total class act. and politics 101 demands she appear at his side during the press conference.

and his kids...this must be rough for them.

what a scumbag he is. 100% low-life piece of shit.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

i really feel bad for his wife. she looks like a total class act. and politics 101 demands she appear at his side during the press conference.

and his kids...this must be rough for them.

what a scumbag he is. 100% low-life piece of shit.

I saw an article where the writer said that they wish just ONCE a wife would walk out on stage with the cheating husband and just keep on walking, exit stage right. That would send a hell of a message! I also agree with you about Spitzer's wife. I feel really bad for her.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.   if he resigns that would be a very sad thing for this country.

He broke the law.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:40 PM »

Looks like the liberal media is totally ignoring this story.

He might as well have made it worth it.

This is more related to the FED's intervention in the market than the Spitzer news. FED is lending $200 billion to banks.

Yea, that should prop up Wall Street another two days.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:23:37 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 11:20:56 PM »

Looks like the liberal media is totally ignoring this story.

bwhahahahahahaha!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 01:03:21 AM »

^ From what I heard he used government vehicles... Not paid for by him  ok

There was something funky going on with one of the bank accounts he had access to, hence why all this transpired.  Someone noticed and reported the suspicious activity which lead to this whole investigation.

Now, I am not sure if he used govt vehicles but what he DID do was pay to transport a prostitute over state lines from NY to DC which now made it a federal crime.  He will probably be indicted for this soon.

They are practically rioting up in Albany, he will most likely be forced to resign. 

I am sort of on the fence about this.  If he used state funds then obviously he should resign.  If he hadn't, I am not sure I would really care if he had a penchant for hookers. 

Some time ago they forced the state comptroller to resign because he was using a state vehicle to transport his wife to the doctor as she was gravely ill.  Nothing as bad as this but they forced him out so I am assuming Spitzer will be gone soon too.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »

He broke the law.

nobody is perfect.  We all fuck up.  We all do stupid shit.   You can't expect even the Governor of New York to never make a mistake.

i'm personally of the belief that prostitution should be legal, so I'm not bothered by him breaking this law.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 01:20:26 AM »

He broke the law.

nobody is perfect.  We all fuck up.  We all do stupid shit.   You can't expect even the Governor of New York to never make a mistake.

i'm personally of the belief that prostitution should be legal, so I'm not bothered by him breaking this law.

It's not even the prostitution that got him busted, that was just the icing on the cake.  They thought he was involved in a bribery scandal by the missing monies. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 02:12:21 AM »

I'm beginning to think it was a political hit job. I want to know who, at the bank, or the where ever, initiated the investigation.

... what he DID do was pay to transport a prostitute over state lines from NY to DC which now made it a federal crime.  He will probably be indicted for this soon.

The part of the law to which you refer(can't recall the name), was written to provide a tool for prosecutors to go after pimps, not johns.

If there was a felony violation, it is was because he attempted to hide the financial transactions to pay for the prostitute by breaking it up into amounts less 10k, ie. multiple withdraws <10k in one transaction in an effort keep the bank from reporting it to the Feds

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 02:14:47 AM »

How can it be a political hit job when the guy has admitted he fucked up? LOL. This isn't John McCain outright denying the allegations where the allegations WERE a political hit job. Spitzer apologized to his family and the public, which means he admitted his guilt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: