Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:45:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Swine Flu Outbreak
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak  (Read 25274 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »

2 Dead in LA.

Hundreds now sick in New York....

This thing has wheels.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:28:12 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 05:12:58 PM »

2 Dead in LA.

Hundreds now sick in LA....

This thing has wheels.

God forbid anyone looks at worldwide figures for deaths and injuries on roads...

No one thinks twice about getting in a car or crossing a road - but 100 die in Bongo Bongo Land and its Resident Evil 4?!?

Repent your sins now!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »

2 Dead in LA.

This thing has wheels.

God forbid anyone looks at worldwide figures for deaths and injuries on roads...

No one thinks twice about getting in a car or crossing a road - but 100 die in Bongo Bongo Land and its Resident Evil 4?!?

Repent your sins now!

You have control of how you drive. Accidents happen.  This is out of your control.  People are dying.  Its spreading at a fast rate.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »

S Guns, yeah, I'm definitely concerned.  I hate the non-fatal version of the flu...if anybody here's had a bad case of the flu you know...sometimes you feel like you're gonna die.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »

S Guns, yeah, I'm definitely concerned.  I hate the non-fatal version of the flu...if anybody here's had a bad case of the flu you know...sometimes you feel like you're gonna die.   Sad

A4P, glad to see you just aren't "blowing" this off like our other Gunner fans are.  The threat is real. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »

2 Dead in LA.

This thing has wheels.

Repent your sins now!

Genius.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Damn some funny shit on HTGTH tonight.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »

Had we enforced a stricter border policy.

Seriously, I live in Tennessee, so as long as it doesn't come here, I may sound like a dick, but I could actually care less.

u don't know the health circumstances surrounding the ones who die. Maybe they have some other disease like HIV or what have u that has already given them a very weak immune system.

I would seriously be pissed if I died at 30 by the fucking flu. All the running, health conscience shit I've done.....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »

Seriously, I live in Tennessee, so as long as it doesn't come here, I may sound like a dick, but I could actually care less.

u don't know the health circumstances surrounding the ones who die. Maybe they have some other disease like HIV or what have u that has already given them a very weak immune system.

I would seriously be pissed if I died at 30 by the fucking flu. All the running, health conscience shit I've done.....

D, these people don't have aids....  Do you think the 17 kids infected from new york that were on spring break had aids too?  Ha, kidding. 
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »

It?s the end of the world. Viruses, crime, earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Crisis, Global Warming...we are doomed.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »

I remember when I was a kid and got freaked out over this horrible disease that if u got a paper cut or something, u could get this flesh eating bacteria and people were dying etc.

I was scared shitless for a long time.

Now I ignore shit like this.

If I get it and die, who cares, there isn't shit I can do about it and I am not shutting myself in and wearing a surgical mask to go check the mail.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 01:07:06 AM »

I remember when I was a kid and got freaked out over this horrible disease that if u got a paper cut or something, u could get this flesh eating bacteria and people were dying etc.

I was scared shitless for a long time.

Now I ignore shit like this.

If I get it and die, who cares, there isn't shit I can do about it and I am not shutting myself in and wearing a surgical mask to go check the mail.

well they are shutting us down, they have closed a lot of things, restaurants,theathers,gyms,bars.  it does look scary, i hope everything gets better. i cant go anywhere, theres nothing open. its pretty weird to see the city like this.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:21 AM »

Are the ladypigs immune?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 08:05:55 AM »

I ate Bacon yesterday.

It gave me bad wind.

i guess they could call this symptom, Swine Poo.

html sucks
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »

D, these people don't have aids....  Do you think the 17 kids infected from new york that were on spring break had aids too?  Ha, kidding. 

He wasn't saying you need AIDS to become infected, but it would make sense if the deaths were due to a pre-existing immune system issue (which doesn't have to be as serious as AIDS).
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »

He wasn't saying you need AIDS to become infected, but it would make sense if the deaths were due to a pre-existing immune system issue (which doesn't have to be as serious as AIDS).

Like I said, 17 KIDS FROM NEW YORK ON SPRING BREAK IN MEXICO ALL GOT INFECTED.  The odds of them ALL having weak immune systems is pretty much impossible.

A 23 month old died yesterday in Texas.  THIS IS REAL.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »

Like I said, 17 KIDS FROM NEW YORK ON SPRING BREAK IN MEXICO ALL GOT INFECTED.  The odds of them ALL having weak immune systems is pretty much impossible.

Young kids and the elderly die EVERY YEAR from the flu.  They're the most "at risk" group.  Tragic, but true.  This, so far, is FAR less virulent than other flu outbreaks we've seen, including the one back in October/November (which got zero press, FYI).  Most of the cases in the states, (including the 17 kids from NY) have been eminently manageable manifestations.  It remains to be seen just how infectious the disease turns out to be:  So far, it seems to be contained to the groups actually exposed with little sign of secondary infections.  In other words, those 17 kids were likely all exposed multiple times (if not continuously) over the course of their trip.  I haven't seen any reports of infection stemming from casual contact with those patients, YET.  We'll see.

RIGHT NOW, you're in more danger from the sleep you'll lose over this than you are from the actual disease.  That might change...just like it might have changed, or might change, with every flu outbreak we see each and every year.  Right now, it's the media driving the hysteria...not the disease. 

It is NOT time to panic.  Wash your hands.  Try to keep the elderly and very young children out of places they might be exposed, especially if there are reported cases in your area.  Sleep.  Eat well.  Cancel your trips to Mexico.  Watch what the CDC has to say.....and listen with a jaded ear on what the media is reporting.  But any hysteria is a wee bit premature.

Again, our ID people are monitoring it, but are not yet worried. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »

We got first one in Finland. Luckily we have 1,7 million units of vaccine to this.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »

It?s the end of the world. Viruses, crime, earthquakes, Tsunamis, Economic Crisis, Global Warming...we are doomed.

...Creed reunion...

j/k, I only know one of their songs and just wanted to make that bad one liner.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »

I'm confused... D said that death could be attributed to immune system issues. He never said anything about the initial transmission being related to an immune issue. So until any of the 17 New York College students die, their immune systems wouldn't factor into D's argument.
And like Pilferk said children and the elderly die every year from 'common' strains of the flu. That's why they tend to prioritze free flu clinics for Children and the Elderly.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »

We got first one in Finland. Luckily we have 1,7 million units of vaccine to this.

apparently the UK has half a billion units stockpiled.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: