Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:09:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR ARE un plugged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR ARE un plugged  (Read 30187 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2006, 03:20:40 PM »

will gilby be playing with VR in July Huh
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:26 PM »

OK guys,? ?I want to spare many of you time and patience writting in several topics about VR next album,? VR members relations and their relations to AXL,? guys producing VR new album and etc...
Since I was coming here several times a day checking out the news,? this is the only fair way.
I have met several musicians the other day who know a lot about GNR,? VR and many other bands and here is what they say -? Velvet Revolver will NOT release another record as their members have already boarded different bands.
Nevertheless,? ?Slash and Matt Sorum are in the same band.
Duff is in Alice in Chains and I didn't ask where Dave and Scott are (most probably bussy with his solo work)...
The official statement will come before mid May.I am really sad that they blew away another good band after Snakepit,? though,? it seems that several people in the music scene get along better than we ever thought...

It's early/mid June, where's the official statement Huh

there it says...
just a bit higher, a bit,? a bit more... THERE!
Ask Gilby ok

You never mentioned Gilby in the original post!

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2006, 04:12:56 PM »

p.s.? ?I still trust Gilby and his band members.
Gilby was always one of the most reliable people in GNR.
Nobody said they will be in GNR...
There is enough time and time will show in what band they will pop up.
Till then,? save your comments and retard names for yourself.
Guess Gilby is more of an insider being close friends with Duff (and decent with Slash and Matt) than anyone here.

Why, what did Gibly say about VR and GnR?

Gilby and his two band members said on April 26th 'VR are over and done.? ?Slash and Matt have already a band of their own'.? ?Place of conversation - Budapest,? since many idiots here look for sources.

I heard Matt and Slash on Camp Freddy Radio and they made no mention of VR braking up and they were in a band together.....

why I would listen to Slash and matt over Gilby I don't know???

maybe because they are IN the band in question

not living off of fame obtained from playing other people songs, and having never contributed to any of that bands original material that made him famous....

I've always wondered why Slash, Matt and Duff never approached Gilby about joining the band and there were never any stories about him during the formation of the band, or that they even thought of him when they were putting the band together......Izzy yes, who actually wrote almost an album worth of material with them.......but never mention of Gilby, but he's the "insider" on the break-up of VR.........excuse me for being skeptical Grin

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »

well because VR are recording a song for a new movie "Monster House" and are playing a weeks worth of shows on the west coast in july, so that means they must have broken up?!?! rofl
GNR - CROATIA i think you need to get a life, instead of posting fake crap

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
SlashIsTheMan
Headliner

Slash is God...pray to him!

« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2006, 08:12:51 PM »

Ok..now im confused~!!~?~  Huh VR are not broken up !! b/c they do have those shows in CALIFORNIA..and what is the deal with gilby..slash just did  the rock honors thing with him..although they really didnt seem like they were paying any attention to each other but what do i know. what i do know is that VR should be putting out an album very soon...im guessing after the summer/fall! and im still looking for that announcement@ i guess it will come out after the album drops and when there on tour. huh crotci....whatever ur fucking name is!  ok

I would be a groupie for slash any day.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:37 PM »

How in the hell is this thread even staying alive?  There is no substance to the story.....is there?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2006, 11:45:15 PM »

its pretty obvious the band isnt broken up, they have 2 shows lined up next month, and a new single coming out soon

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2006, 12:50:54 AM »

How in the hell is this thread even staying alive?? There is no substance to the story.....is there?

A Hungarian fan who met and talked with Gilby's band after the show told the same story... So GNR-CROATIA didn't made up anything, he got some info that...well, turned out to be untrue.

I still think something has happened between Axl's and Slash's camp (but something went wrong). Very different soures mentioned the reunion in the past 8-9 months.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2006, 08:38:12 AM »

So, now that we know this was all bullshit, as I said I suspected in the first place (and GnR-Croatia very nastily protested against)...can we just let the thread die?

He was wrong....and the source for his information didn't know what they were talking about.? We all pretty much suspected it, right from the get go, despite his protests to the contrary.? So can we let it go now?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:56:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2006, 08:46:20 AM »

well i was just looking for an apology for claiming legit info and making it sound like GnR was gonna reunite...but looks like I'm not gonna get one no

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2006, 08:53:06 AM »

well i was just looking for an apology for claiming legit info and making it sound like GnR was gonna reunite...but looks like I'm not gonna get one no

No, of course not.

His backpedal a few pages back was evidence enough of that.

Personally, I think the thread speaks for itself....and makes things pretty obvious to the readers.

Together again,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2006, 10:55:05 AM »

rather than an apology, there is more defiance and insistence this rumor is true; despite evidence from the band to the contrary
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2006, 11:02:01 AM »

Well, let's just wait a few days, and if what GNR-CROATIA is saying about Gilby is bullshit, we'll see what happens...

BTW, GNR-CROATIA, if you're such close friends with Gilby, why don't you email him to solve this...

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »

Well, let's just wait a few days, and if what GNR-CROATIA is saying about Gilby is bullshit, we'll see what happens...

BTW, GNR-CROATIA, if you're such close friends with Gilby, why don't you email him to solve this...

1.   I never said I was close friends with Gilby,  nor do I have his mail,  nor do I care if GNR reunite as I stated several pages ago,  since I think Slash,  Duff,  Matt are better off without Axl.
I would rather STOP listening to them after all these years than have Axl join them again.
Axl is a BAD singer period!   'All that jet-set brings me down, down, down...'

2.   I don't think Gilby lied and I still think he is THE MOST reliable Gunner.
He may had wrong info or that info may had been right back at the time.
Also,    there has been many dates thrown around from VR camp but nothing has supported them thus far.
Therefore,   unless we see them with the new album out or on the new tour...

3.   'We'll see what happens...', what the hell do you mean!? Huh
You are gonna run to your mama and tell her I said this and that!?
Or are you threatening me?   (which would be rather interesting to see,  at least for me...).

4.    I am NOT MIKKAMAKKA!   If Mikka says same thing from the same thing...
Shouldn't take you too much to see if it was fake or true.

5.    I don't have a need to justify myself to any prick who stummbles across my post.
Belive what you want,  don't belive what you don't want.
As far as Gilby goes,  I have only revealed him cause people here insisted.   I told Pilferk I will and I have.
Just like I said,  I doubt it is all roses in VR camp (although I wish!),  and I belive Gilby knows more than us but he obviously stays quiet cause it is not his band and he doesn't want to get involved.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

1.   I never said I was close friends with Gilby,  nor do I have his mail,  nor do I care if GNR reunite as I stated several pages ago,  since I think Slash,  Duff,  Matt are better off without Axl.
I would rather STOP listening to them after all these years than have Axl join them again.
Axl is a BAD singer period!   'All that jet-set brings me down, down, down...'

2.   I don't think Gilby lied and I still think he is THE MOST reliable Gunner.
He may had wrong info or that info may had been right back at the time.
Also,    there has been many dates thrown around from VR camp but nothing has supported them thus far.
Therefore,   unless we see them with the new album out or on the new tour...

3.   'We'll see what happens...', what the hell do you mean!? Huh
You are gonna run to your mama and tell her I said this and that!?
Or are you threatening me?   (which would be rather interesting to see,  at least for me...).

4.    I am NOT MIKKAMAKKA!   If Mikka says same thing from the same thing...
Shouldn't take you too much to see if it was fake or true.

5.    I don't have a need to justify myself to any prick who stummbles across my post.
Belive what you want,  don't belive what you don't want.
As far as Gilby goes,  I have only revealed him cause people here insisted.   I told Pilferk I will and I have.
Just like I said,  I doubt it is all roses in VR camp (although I wish!),  and I belive Gilby knows more than us but he obviously stays quiet cause it is not his band and he doesn't want to get involved.

Well, since I know Gilby's email address, I contacted him and asked him. Here's his answer:

that's stupid...
i would never say that...

So, since you mentioned Gilby as a source to make your posts valid, and your source is fake, you're done on this board.

TheMole
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2006, 03:57:05 AM »

So, since you mentioned Gilby as a source to make your posts valid, and your source is fake, you're done on this board.

He's banned? Ah bugger, I would've liked to see him come back after this one... There goes my favourite soap opera... Wink
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2006, 06:04:03 AM »

Well, since I know Gilby's email address, I contacted him and asked him. Here's his answer:

that's stupid...

Banning'd be a stupid move. I repeat it: a Hungarian fan talked to Gilby's band after the Hungarian show and he was told (well, not by Gilby, but his drummer) that Slash and Matt had returned to GN'R. As far as I know GNR-Croatia asked them after the same show. Two different people (from different countries) say the same thing. Find out what could have happened.  Tongue

A lot of 'insiders' posted fake stories about GN'R or even lied to the HTGTH community (like about BH's leaving). They haven't got banned. Axl's new bandmembers said untrue things about the album release for multiple times. If they were rugular posters here, they should be banned, right? Would that happen? No, cause they only say what they were told.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2006, 06:43:31 AM »

that's stupid...

Banning'd be a stupid move. I repeat it: a Hungarian fan talked to Gilby's band after the Hungarian show and he was told (well, not by Gilby, but his drummer) that Slash and Matt had returned to GN'R. As far as I know GNR-Croatia asked them after the same show. Two different people (from different countries) say the same thing. Find out what could have happened.  Tongue

A lot of 'insiders' posted fake stories about GN'R or even lied to the HTGTH community (like about BH's leaving). They haven't got banned. Axl's new bandmembers said untrue things about the album release for multiple times. If they were rugular posters here, they should be banned, right? Would that happen? No, cause they only say what they were told.

A stupid move would be to lie and use an ex-member's name just to get noticed.

Well, unfortunately for Croatia, I promoted 3 shows for Gilby in Greece, on the tour that Croatia was supposedly told all that by Gilby.

Which means I spent 3 days with the band and the crew in Greece.

They never mentioned any of this shit. We did talk about all the rumours, but I never heard such lies.

A lot of "insiders" got banned over the years. We just don't announce it...

Croatia told lies about Gilby in the past as well, ex.: Gilby told him stuff like "he hated Axl's guts"....

Unfortunately for him, I know Gilby.

I won't even read the whole sentence about GN'R's current bandmembers...

So, like it or not THE END...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2006, 07:52:29 AM »

Since we now have the final word on the subject...

How about we just lock the thread?  There's really not anything more to say, right?

Together again,
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2006, 08:34:07 AM »

Since we now have the final word on the subject...

How about we just lock the thread?  There's really not anything more to say, right?

Oh yes... Damn right...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: