Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver Survive Chinese Democracy?  (Read 39457 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 03:21:05 PM »

from what i have heard from the new GnR, sure i like the new tracks, although VR come across more like a band, where as GnR does appear to be Axl + some hired hands. Even Brain nipped off for the moment and has been replaced.

At the moment i'm not even a VR fan, although they have Slash and Scott seems like a good front man, Matt sure can drum, they just need the songs. VR round 1 was ok, but not ok enough for me to buy the music, although have seen the videos and they are good. VR round 2 will be interesting. I think we will see Slash put in a ton of effort into the 2nd VR album, it could work out to be really something  beer
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:24:11 PM by codenameninja » Logged
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »

I have a more interesting question Shocked Shocked Shocked. Do you think New Axl n' roses will survive to the past of the band and VR 2nd album (togueter)? I don't think so!!! yes
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »

I think all in all its a mutually advantaheous situation for both. If anything, the question should be the other way around. I would not be at all surpirsed if VR kick things up to another level on their next album, after a solid and successful debut. Don't be surpirsed if VR do a Green Day in terms of wide mainstream rock appeal.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »

VR have nothing to fear.  Most people will buy both records.  Seperate bands, both good.
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »

fair enough the album has not been released but we have flavoured some of its tracks and it sounds amazin!! Contraband has been released and its not mind blowing!! ok, its good and i was delighted to hear that it got best guitar album of 2004 on total guitar but democracy will finally bring back some excellant songs and some deadly gnr videos!! im fed up of green day and other "punk" bands rippin off the clash and the sex pistols!!!!!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »

Nonsense
Chinese Democracy will sell great initially because of the history of hype its riding on, and it will be a great album, don't get me wrong,
but it will not be the ground breaking masterpiece, alot of people make it out to be, my estimation is it will be GNR without out the rock, but with the overtop ballads (which is cool) mixed with a wee bit of sterotype early 90s metal (check out bridge in better) which is also cool but none of is ground breaking,
it will be an excellant album and I do look forward to it, but this is not going to be in the league of Real Guns N Roses, and Velvet Revolver shouldn't worry, as they are also selling a quality product... peace
Agreed.
CD won't be that great. It will be OK, not earth-shaking.

VR shouldn't worry.
OMG!! MY SWEET JESUS! YOU HEARD CD?!? BLOODY AMAZING! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT CAME OUT!!

VR doesnt stand a chance. pharell..lenny kravitz?? PSSh.im out.

Of course they can make judgements about CD - they are secret co-producers of the album. Didnt you know?
WTF?!? FO Rizzle?? wow..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »

VR have nothing to fear.? Most people will buy both records.? Seperate bands, both good.

Well said.  I don't think one will hurt the other and to be honest  I think they will do the opposite and help one another.  People who go buy CD will buy the new VR to compare the two.  I think CD will be better because the new GNR music is more diverse then the VR music.  I also think the next two albums will be an indicator for a re-union.  If CD is a success, which I think it will be, media will want to see what this band can do on their own, and if the new VR is good, the VR fans are going to want to see more VR material.

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 11:46:56 PM »

I doubt that VR's new album will be anywhere near the quality of CD!  Once people hear the contributions of Robin, Tommy & Brain too the new GNr; Slash, Duff, & Matt won't be missed as much!  Gimme a break Pharrel, I think that this new VR album is def gonna bomb

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 03:35:54 AM »

what is so hard about people enjoying two albums.. It's like oh no cd might come out, lets all run for the hills and not release anything

Axl's album is different. it's 15 years since new gnr music, it's been toured for twice, and it's the butt of many jokes ,so of course more attention will be focused on it..
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2006, 11:29:17 AM »

Yes Velvet Revolver will survive "Chinese Democracy".. What stupid fucking post..

makane
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »

I doubt that VR's new album will be anywhere near the quality of CD!? Once people hear the contributions of Robin, Tommy & Brain too the new GNr; Slash, Duff, & Matt won't be missed as much!? Gimme a break Pharrel, I think that this new VR album is def gonna bomb
Talk about judging before you hear it  Roll Eyes
Well, I guess you're just one of those people who have decided that CD will be the greatest record ever and VR record will definitely suck.
I don't see any reason why either one of these albums would "suck". Both camps have proven they can write decent/great songs, so im not waiting any less from them.
btw. CD is def gonna bomb.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
JAC185
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »

i think that once the greatest album ever ie chinese democracy is released

I think thats:

a) subjective
b) presumptious
c) moronic
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 01:10:48 PM »

Yes Velvet Revolver will survive "Chinese Democracy".. What stupid fucking post..

I don't understand why people think because axl releases an album that people who enjoy other stuff will just give up on everything else.. Cause someone is a huge axl/new gnr fan they automatically assume things..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 11:31:58 PM »

I don't understand why people think because axl releases an album that people who enjoy other stuff will just give up on everything else.. Cause someone is a huge axl/new gnr fan they automatically assume things..

Im definetly pro new GNR but with two awesome albums everyone wins, what a rivalry GNR vs VR would make

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »

I think that Velvet Revolver are a great band, their next album will be very good, and they will continue as long as they choose to. The release/success of Chinese Democracy will have little effect on them. That being said, I think that as everyone here is fully aware, Chinese Democracy is going to fucking
SMOKE any Velvet Revolver album ( past or present)!
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 12:53:09 AM »

I think the question may be will velvet revolver survive velvet revolver  hihi yeah, they'll survive chinese edmocracy, but i dont imagine them selling more than the 2 million they soundscanned in the US.
alexh0618
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 12:53:39 AM »

If anything, it will make VR sales increase. People will get into GnR and remember that VR band has ex-GnR members in it, so they would a VR album too.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 03:47:48 AM »

I think the question may be will velvet revolver survive velvet revolver? hihi yeah, they'll survive chinese edmocracy, but i dont imagine them selling more than the 2 million they soundscanned in the US.

We all know in rock an album can be great but not sell millions..

As for vr survivng vr well here's a little bit of info, look at new gnr, they've toured about  amonth or so, they have never done anything all together for very long periods, lets see what happens when they are touring a year or better, lets see how long everyone wants to keep playing afd.. It's easy to be in a band when you never have to be together
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 04:11:30 AM »

CD will bury Contraband completely bury it!!!!

The whole world will know about the new Guns album once a release date is confirmed. Alot of people will just buy it to be curious what its all about. If there first single is some unreal new direction rocker for these times its all over!! haha
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 04:14:54 AM »

CD will bury Contraband completely bury it!!!!

The whole world will know about the new Guns album once a release date is confirmed. Alot of people will just buy it to be curious what its all about. If there first single is some unreal new direction rocker for these times its all over!! haha

of course it will in sales, the album is long awaited mythical almost.. But I'm looking more at the new vr album and shit like that..

I think people are going to be let down sales wise with CD< I haer crazy shit like 800,000 1 million albums in it's first week..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: