Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Download "She Builds Quick Machines" FREE At 5am!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download "She Builds Quick Machines" FREE At 5am!!!!!!  (Read 31342 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2007, 07:35:58 AM »

music is not inspired and vocals are boring.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2007, 07:38:29 AM »

Do like the kinda of 'groove' of the guitar playing at the start of the song, but I think personally the biggest problem is the leaks recently from another band (wonder who that can be!) have overshadowed this new song, as good as it is.

Doesn't stand out too much for me.
Raoul Duke
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2007, 09:34:24 AM »

VR KICKS ASS!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »

Not to start a war

but when GNR hits number 1 and wins a Grammy I dont want to hear any of u even mentioning it. Deal? ok

Wrong.

It's nice that the music is acknowledged, but please don't tell me winning a Grammy makes your song/album better in quality compared to something that didn't win.

Also, please don't tell me that an album that went to #1 is better than one that went to #2.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »

Doesn't really do it for me.  Hope this isn't the best one they got.
Misya Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10:03 AM »

Isn't bad...but it's very, very weak as first song from Libertad...and I don't like the vocals. I think Scott can do better! I'm a bit disappointed.

GNR Milan, Gods Of Metal 4th June '06
VR Milan, Gods Of Metal 2nd June '07
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

after a few listens i love this song, the guys always know how to put out good music with that hard rock sound i desire
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2007, 12:35:56 PM »

descent song. still isnt better than slither or ygnr. What they did from 2:09-3:47 basically saves the song. I wish they took the song in that kind of a direction. Id put this in the category of IRS.? Somewhat catchy, excellent musically, some cool parts and pieces but lyrically and vocally not Scott and Axls best efforts. Although IRS does kickass live...maybe this does too idk

In making a natural comparison to GNR, these songs from VR that I have heard do not have that "big" sound or vibe to them. Maybe thats by design Idk....we all know VR is the stripped down version and GNR is the roll out all the tricks. So maybe its not fair to put VR on that level but I guess thats why I ultimately love Axl and GNR because they always want to push the envelope...old and new...Aside from Slither and YGNR no Slash solo or VR song comes close to the Better or TWAT solos...

I just wish Slash would have more of a role in this band. It seems like he has some cool riffs and ideas but doesnt take it over the top and tell the world hes here on these songs. I do like his tapping effects he had on another new song I heard the other day. That was cool. It was slowed down and he was tapping...maybe on "she mine" not sure....

for the people who follow the band way more closely than I do..will there be an epic type songs on this album? Something like YGNR or greater? Has the band brought that up at all...im jus curious cause Id like to listen to atleast that song or songs when it comes out.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »

for the people who follow the band way more closely than I do..will there be an epic type songs on this album? Something like YGNR or greater? Has the band brought that up at all...im jus curious cause Id like to listen to atleast that song or songs when it comes out.

This seems a bit disingenuous.  You really expect us to believe that you wont buy or download the album only to come here and tell us how "average" it is, or how it doesnt compare to GNR?

That disingenuousness aside, it seems that "The Last Fight" is the closest to "You Got No Right."  "Grave Dancers" might be similar as well.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »

I dont know if Ill buy the album yet. Ill listen to the mp3s first before I make that choice. I bought CB the day it came out and saw them play in NYC and waited on line all day to get a spot on the rail.  Dont tell me Im being disingenuous. I was making a natural comparison to gnr. Not a big deal. Actaully I thought I was pretty fair with the comparison to IRS. But if you think its a masterpiece or a great song thats fine wih me too

Ill keep an eye out for those 2 songs mentioned. I was just curious if the album was gonna be like CB or if they were gonna mix it up a lil more . Nothing more nothing less

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:56 PM »

Ill keep an eye out for those 2 songs mentioned. I was just curious if the album was gonna be like CB or if they were gonna mix it up a lil more . Nothing more nothing less

Thats perfectly fair and had it been all you said - nothing more, nothing less - I wouldnt have said anything about disingenuousness.  I did, however, because you had to imply that youll only listen to one or two songs once the albums available.  I simply dont believe that. 

Theres a Libertad song information thread further down the page.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »

That disingenuousness aside, it seems that "The Last Fight" is the closest to "You Got No Right."

Probably. The snippet of ''The Last Fight'' was not bad at all. But compared to ''You Got No Right'', I think that TLF lacks originality. ''You Got No Right'' is in my opinion the best VR song ever, and one of the best songs I've ever heard since the GNR breakup in 1995/6. Great vocals by Scott, very emotional, good (or very good) lyrics and an outstanding guitar performance. The first thing I said after hearing YGNR is ''damn, these are the Slash/Weiland I used to love''. I remember checking the velvet-revolver.com site daily just to read ''YGNR is gonna be the second single''. After ''Fall To Pieces'', expecting YGNR for the third. And nothing.

Even when I think that ''The Last Fight'' is probably going to be the closest to ''You Got No Right'', I think that this song lacks of originality. I KNOW I've heard those melodies before, and it doesn't have that ''emotive'' thing that YGNR has. YGNR is, in my opinion, the only song from the VR catalogue that is at the same level of ''Use Your Illusion'' or ''Core'' songs. I know that it doesn't have to be necesarily at that level, I know...

My conclusion is that VR has the potential to make great songs, closer to the GNR/STP fans' taste. YGNR is epic, a tremendous song condemned to anonimity because it's included in very weak/mediocre album and it has not a video clip to let the masses know it. That's sad but true: I was at the River Plate stadium to see VR and the VR fans themselves perfectly knew and applauded the songs with videoclips, but they didn't receive the other non-singles songs with the same intensity. If this happens with the VR fans, the conclussion for the non-vr fan masses is pretty obvious.

But they choose to make the songs they're currently making, I mean, catchy but disposable songs, ideal for radio/MTV/charts and for other kind of public but the GNR/STP fans. And because of the fact that the people in this forum is GNR fan, these new songs dont taste good to lots of us.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »

But they choose to make the songs they're currently making, I mean, catchy but disposable songs, ideal for radio/MTV/charts and for other kind of public but the GNR/STP fans. And because of the fact that the people in this forum is GNR fan, these new songs dont taste good to lots of us.

Well put Esteban, I keep listening and wanting to like what VR is doing but I can't think of better words than what you said above.  Not bad but not memorable either.  To me it just sounds like it has been done before.  But with an open mind and open ears I will keep checking things out.

I also agree with Younggunner, that part you mentioned of the song was really good, they should have carried that through.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

I've given it a lot of listens and I just dont see why its the first single.  its not terrible but its hardly great.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

I've given it a lot of listens and I just dont see why its the first single.? its not terrible but its hardly great.

I almost never agree with you when it comes to VR However I have to agree with you on this one...
chas
Headliner

« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »

I think SBQM is a terrible choice for the lead single to Libertad. Im sure there must be at least 1 song which is tons better in the album

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »

I have listened to this about 25 times the last 2 days and I love it. I wish u guys could hear what I do cause to me it rocks fuckin hard.

Of course It doesnt spine tingle my soul and I cant relate a bit to it. but for pure driving,head banging,fist pumping, running music, u dont get much better.

My point Jarmo was to the people who are dismissing Grammy's for having no importance at all and I dont agree. Grammys are very very important and I think people are dismissing them simply cause GNR havent won one and the second they do these same people will do nothing but talk about it.

so I am just stating that either they count or they dont.

If u think Grammys are not important and have zero significance that is fine, just keep that same stance and opinion if GNR win one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »

I have listened to this about 25 times the last 2 days and I love it. I wish u guys could hear what I do cause to me it rocks fuckin hard.

Of course It doesnt spine tingle my soul and I cant relate a bit to it. but for pure driving,head banging,fist pumping, running music, u dont get much better.

My point Jarmo was to the people who are dismissing Grammy's for having no importance at all and I dont agree. Grammys are very very important and I think people are dismissing them simply cause GNR havent won one and the second they do these same people will do nothing but talk about it.

So I guess Backstreet boys and britney are geniuses? They've both won Grammies, and the fact that they have won them is what diminishes what they once stood for.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2007, 11:45:48 PM »

^
yes but they won for stuff like Pop PERFORMANCE

They didnt win any coveted Grammy awards such as best band or anything like that did they?

Grammys are purely subjective to whomever is debating.

I am only stating if u think they are Bullshit and worthless now, just please continue to still believe so when GNR wins one.

Thats my entire point.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2007, 04:57:44 AM »

"For a copy of the mp3, contact your favorite FMQB rep."

I don't know who my favorite FMQB rep is... Was the song available only for US residents or only for a short limited period of time?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: