Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 30904 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« on: June 25, 2007, 07:05:10 PM »

James Wigney of Australia's Herald Sun recently conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On his current relationship with GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose:

"I'm just glad that he (Axl) is out there doing his thing again. We didn't know what was happening with him for a long time, but I'm looking forward to hearing this album. I heard a live track from a concert supposed to be one of the new ones, but it was so long ago I don't even remember what it sounded like."

- Blabbercunt

Go to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=75493 for the whole thing.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »

Huh

The longest new track is TWAT, that was only played twice, and its not even 6 minutes

I wonder if Slash remembers Estranged...

anyway, I dont know why I dont believe Slash ''doesnt remember how a new GNR song sounded''...

the ''I will not talk again about Axl and GNR'' thing didn't last too much...uh?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »

Huh

The longest new track is TWAT, that was only played twice, and its not even 6 minutes

anyway, I dont know why I dont believe Slash ''doesnt remember how a new GNR song sounded''...

the ''I will not talk again about Axl and GNR'' thing didn't last too much...uh?

He said it was so long ago, because of the time, not because of a song... if thats what u mean  confused
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »

Nice to hear he's not holding a grudge with Axl for continuing and even moreso that he actually wants to hear the new album.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:43:30 PM »

Huh

How on earth can you interpret him saying anything the tiniest bit negative there? Honestly you're trying to find a turd in a bouqet of roses there. He was nothing but nice get over it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

Huh

He said it was so long ago, because of the time, not because of a song... if thats what u mean  confused

you're right, I'm learning english day after day and I missed the ''ago''. Sorry.

but I still dont believe Slash doesnt know the new songs, as if he just listened to them once, and a long time ago.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

I honestly think Slash wants Axl to succeed as does Axl Slash.  I don't think they "hate" each other.  I bet he will get album prior to release.  I bet Axl has Libertad.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:30 PM »

I honestly think Slash wants Axl to succeed as does Axl Slash.  I don't think they "hate" each other.  I bet he will get album prior to release.  I bet Axl has Libertad.
Lots of people have Libertad.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:35:52 PM »

I honestly think Slash wants Axl to succeed as does Axl Slash.? I don't think they "hate" each other.? I bet he will get album prior to release.? I bet Axl has Libertad.
Lots of people have Libertad.

Toooooooo shayyyyyyyyy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:38:54 PM »

Agreed.

But I'm sure that Axl perfectly knows all the songs in Contraband, as well as the Snakepit songs, and I'm also sure that he will listen to the new VR album as soon as it is out. It's normal, if WE are curious, they have to be. They were together all their lives, making history and being like brothers, and its VERY hard to believe that Slash has no idea of the new GNR songs (he said he knows one song, but cant remember it well 'cause it was a long time ago), as he stated in this article.

I really think that Slash wants Axl to succed. What I dont know is if he honestly wants Axl to succed under the Guns n' Roses name

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:50:23 PM »

I honestly think Slash wants Axl to succeed as does Axl Slash.? I don't think they "hate" each other.? I bet he will get album prior to release.? I bet Axl has Libertad.

Agreed.

But I'm sure that Axl perfectly knows all the songs in Contraband, as well as the Snakepit songs, and I'm also sure that he will listen to the new VR album as soon as it is out. It's normal, if WE are curious, they have to be. They were together all their lives, making history and being like brothers, and its VERY hard to believe that Slash has no idea of the new GNR songs (he said he knows one song, but cant remember it well 'cause it was a long time ago), as he stated in this article.

I really think that Slash wants Axl to succed. What I dont know is if he honestly wants Axl to succed under the Guns n' Roses name

Wow, good question.  As long as VR successful, Slash okay with minor success for Axl if he is not in GNR?!?  But if VR bombed, Slash would want no success maybe?  I think ultimately, they both want their best days to be when they were together, but individually will try to top that in their seperate bands.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »

I don't think Slash has any beef with Axl.  They're both making money and making new music.  Plus all the pressure is on Axl.  He has to prove he can support the Guns N' Roses name by his lonesome while Slash has already succeeded at starting an entirely new band.  Slash's role in making the Guns N' Roses name a household name will go down in history and he'll never be forgotten. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:27:45 PM »

didn't Libertad leak Huh

I honestly think Slash wants Axl to succeed as does Axl Slash. I don't think they "hate" each other. I bet he will get album prior to release. I bet Axl has Libertad.

i agree. cause if they hated each other they wouldn't want the other to succeed. That and they wouldn't talk to each other secretly Lips Sealed Tongue

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »

Did Axl and Slash have their "Last Fight" in 1996?  And then Slash just left?  Wow, listen to the lyrics, you could relate to Axl and Slash.  Maybe I am reaching here.  Ha!
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »

I think is an honest opinion. I'm sure Slash enjoys songs as "The blues", "Madagascar" o "Catcher in the Rye"...
I'm glad too, he was kind.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 12:29:51 AM »

Wonder if Slash will put on Chinese Demoracy, Maybe load them into Pro Tools, Delete the guitar solos and do his own!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 12:35:49 AM »

Aren't we all looking forward to the great, epic, mythical, soon to be released on the 12th of never album Roll Eyes

There's a lot goin on here.....
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 12:47:59 AM »

Wonder if Slash will put on Chinese Demoracy, Maybe load them into Pro Tools, Delete the guitar solos and do his own!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

i do believe i just shat myself thinking about that posible priceless bootleg drool drool drool drool drool drool drool
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:51:53 AM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 12:59:17 AM »

I don't think Slash has any beef with Axl.? They're both making money and making new music.? Plus all the pressure is on Axl.? He has to prove he can support the Guns N' Roses name by his lonesome while Slash has already succeeded at starting an entirely new band.? Slash's role in making the Guns N' Roses name a household name will go down in history and he'll never be forgotten.?
I honestly am not sure either Slash wants Axl to succeed without him and vice versa.  At this point Slash has the upper hand as we're STILL WAITING for Chinese Democracy and VR's second album is about to drop.  Not that they wish ill will upon each other, but both are brilliant at what they do and their egos can only get in the way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »

after hearing VRs latest effort, Im salivating over CD even more too...yikesssssssssss
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:12:45 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: