Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:47:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 30903 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2007, 06:34:51 PM »

Oh, you only review Mikkamakka posts to see anti GNR news, but can't review the album.? I see.?

It's not out yet is it?

On the other hand it's not nice to take insults this seriously if you make zillions of them. Also not nice to skip the question directed to you. But I'm not surprised.? peace

BTW a VR thread got hijacked again! good job!? yes

Your questions have been addressed more than on one occasion and your "Stalinist" insults are just as original as calling me Hitler.

Since you're obviously only posting to get some kind of reaction out of me, by making those comparisons, here's one: You're banned.

/jarmo

yes Jarmo, it is out.  Came out on June 30 in a lot of places. 

July 3 in US. 

In UK you apparently can buy it and in Japan.  So I thought it was out in Europe.  Guess I was wrong.  Its on UK Itunes. 

So does it come out in Sweden or Finland on July 3 too?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »

What did you call the band when Matt joined? Or when Gilby joined?

/jarmo

Guns N Roses.  Like Current GNR, they hopped on to support a new album!

Oh wait, there is no new album, but you know what I meant!

But even then, we knew that was not the "original lineup".  But it was still "Classic".  So anything 93 prior would be considered the Classic Era GNR and this is the New Era, or Chinese Democracy Era. 

Since the whole era has been in support of the same album.

It's all fucking Guns N' Roses! I honestly do not see what is so hard to grasp there.

85-90 Guns N' Roses
90-91 Guns N' Roses
91-93 Guns N' Roses
93-96 Guns N' Roses
96-99 Guns N' Roses
99-07 Guns N' Roses

What is so hard to understand in that?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »

What did you call the band when Matt joined? Or when Gilby joined?

/jarmo

Guns N Roses.? Like Current GNR, they hopped on to support a new album!

Oh wait, there is no new album, but you know what I meant!

But even then, we knew that was not the "original lineup".? But it was still "Classic".? So anything 93 prior would be considered the Classic Era GNR and this is the New Era, or Chinese Democracy Era.?

Since the whole era has been in support of the same album.

It's all fucking Guns N' Roses! I honestly do not see what is so hard to grasp there.

85-90 Guns N' Roses
90-91 Guns N' Roses
91-93 Guns N' Roses
93-96 Guns N' Roses
96-99 Guns N' Roses
99-07 Guns N' Roses

What is so hard to understand in that?

Albums were only release between 87-93.  Once CD comes out and these guys leave their mark a lot will change.  I don't think anyone miss Rob Gardner in GNR.

You guys act like GNR is the stones and replace a couple guys here and there.  GNR only has 1 original member.  What don't you understand?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

Well technically they have 2, since Dizzy was suppose to join the band before Appetite. Anyway, it doesn't matter that albums were only released between 97-93. The fact is the band right now is Guns N' Roses, now if you cannot accept that then well I guess you most certainly are in the wrong place....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »

Well technically they have 2, since Dizzy was suppose to join the band before Appetite. Anyway, it doesn't matter that albums were only released between 97-93. The fact is the band right now is Guns N' Roses, now if you cannot accept that then well I guess you most certainly are in the wrong place....

Yes, I agree with that for sure.

Once they release the album, the general public will accept it too. 

Perception is that its a cover band and real GNR is over.  You and I disagree, but we are not the concensus.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »

July 3 in US. 

In UK you apparently can buy it and in Japan.  So I thought it was out in Europe.  Guess I was wrong.  Its on UK Itunes. 

I thought it wasn't out until next week.

Well, I didn't get the cd yet so you'll have to wait.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »

yes Jarmo, it is out.? Came out on June 30 in a lot of places.?

July 3 in US.?

In UK you apparently can buy it and in Japan.? So I thought it was out in Europe.? Guess I was wrong.? Its on UK Itunes.?

/jarmo

Sounds Good!!!!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »

Calling it "Nu-GnR' is just ignorant.  Nu isn't even a word and the only other place I've seen it used is in front of the word "metal" and we know what that means. 

Again, tell us how you want us idiot VR/GNR fans to describe our favorite band ever, "Guns N Roses"? If I go see GNR this year, I call it GNR.  But when comparing the two, tell us the "Propper" way.  Thanks Jim Bob.
The name of the band is Guns N' Roses.  If you are refering to an older lineup, jus say so.

I will just stick with what I said.  The Classic Guns N Roses and Guns N Roses because apparently New Guns N Roses has a negative connotation.

i think if you are talking about both in the same context saying old and new isn't a big deal.   its the "Nu-GnR" shit that bugs me.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:42 AM »

no, technically they have one since Dizzy, technically, didn't join the band or have anything to do with their music until 1990.

anyways, way to get off topic. can a moderator come kick out some troublemakers or something?

on topic, Slash is looking foreward to CD...pfft, he's a liar...I bet he's actually looking backwards to it! Tongue

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2007, 09:39:34 AM »

If you were in a band that was your entire reason for living for that many years, then of course your gonna wanna know why one of your former bandmates went to so much trouble and pushed the group apart, took over the name etc. At the end of the day Axl had his plan and he went through with it.

If you were in that band wouldnt you want to know what all the trouble was over?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2007, 09:44:44 AM »

July 3 in US. 

/jarmo

yeah for the rest of the countries it will be out next monday... I?ll have to wait too.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

Huh

The longest new track is TWAT, that was only played twice, and its not even 6 minutes

I wonder if Slash remembers Estranged...

anyway, I dont know why I dont believe Slash ''doesnt remember how a new GNR song sounded''...

the ''I will not talk again about Axl and GNR'' thing didn't last too much...uh?

My friend I don't remember songs I've heard once, especially if it's been years, hell I can't even remember dinner three nights ago hihi

This slash message is pure positive towards axl.. Axl was MIA for a while, maybe he's just glad he's happy n out and about..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: