Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland and Eddie Vedder--the irony
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland and Eddie Vedder--the irony  (Read 26048 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »

who really cares about Eddie Vedder anymore?

This thread turned out to be a trainwreck didn't it?

Weiland's latest album is gonna at least a month and probably more like 6 weeks (or more) to match Eddie's first week total from his last album? ?Tongue

A few months from now let's match up total world-wide sales for Libertad and the last PJ, then we'll see.

That means nothing.  VR is more Slash and Duff than it is Scott.  Scott is a definite draw.  But had they hired Mike Patton or Bach or even Chris Cornell...the sales would probably be the same.  Weiland is replacable.  Pearl Jam wouldn't survive without Eddie.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »

Courtesy of MetalSucks.net, the Soundscan numbers are in for this week.  After 6 weeks on the charts, Libertad has sold 192,840 total after selling less than 10,444 this week

Still nearly 90,000 units away from matching Pearl Jam's opening week sales from their last album

Now Mr. Nixon, are you ready to eat your humble pie and admit that saying Scott Weiland is more relevant than Eddie Vedder in the current music scene was absurd?   Grin
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »

Courtesy of MetalSucks.net, the Soundscan numbers are in for this week.? After 6 weeks on the charts, Libertad has sold 192,840 total after selling less than 10,444 this week

Still nearly 90,000 units away from matching Pearl Jam's opening week sales from their last album

Now Mr. Nixon, are you ready to eat your humble pie and admit that saying Scott Weiland is more relevant than Eddie Vedder in the current music scene was absurd?? ?Grin

lol, according to that logic he is also more relevant than Slash. I'm sorry bro, try as you might, but your logic based solely on record sales of just their previous albums is flawed.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »

lol, according to that logic he is also more relevant than Slash. I'm sorry bro, try as you might, but your logic based solely on record sales of just their previous albums is flawed.

Hate to break it to you but Vedder is more relevant than Slash in the current scene.  All you have to do is compare ticket sales to PJ's tour last year to VR's this year, and the record sales of their last albums.  PJ still sells out shows in big venues across the globe.  VR is struggling to  reach half-capacity in smaller venues than the ones PJ plays

More people care enough about Vedder/Pearl Jam to buy their album despite it receiving very little marketing.  More people care enough about Vedder/Pearl Jam to buy a ticket to go see them live.  Doesn't get much more logical than that

What "logical" argument are you going to put forth that outlines how Slash is more relevant than Vedder in 2007?  It's obviously not going to be based on about concert ticket sales or album sales so I'm curious what argument you're going to put forth
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »

Who is on the cover or Rolling Stone?  Slash or Vedder?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »

Who is on the cover or Rolling Stone?  Slash or Vedder?

So Steven Adler's more relevant in 2007 than Eddie Vedder too?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »

Who is on the cover or Rolling Stone?? Slash or Vedder?

Don't know about that, but Guns N' Roses for sure is more relevant and I would Assume Slash is too.  If you went on Ebay and saw a Slash guitar or an Eddie Vedder guitar, which would be a higher bid?

When does the new Eddie signature amp or guitar come out?

What about Eddie's signature "errr" voice pedal?

To muscicans and people in bands and in the music industry, Slash is still the man.  Look at how Clive Davis got Slash to be on the Daughtry Album.  Slash is a session player to the stars even now.  Was Eddie asked to tribute Jimi Hendrix?  He did a tribute for REM, Slash did Van freaking Halen. 

If Slash was Michael Jordan, Eddie Vedder would be like a Reggie Miller.....
GeraldFord
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

Now Mr. Nixon, are you ready to eat your humble pie and admit that saying Scott Weiland is more relevant than Eddie Vedder in the current music scene was absurd? ?

Yes. I was wrong. I thought Libertad would do much better than it did.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »

Don't know about that, but Guns N' Roses for sure is more relevant and I would Assume Slash is too.  If you went on Ebay and saw a Slash guitar or an Eddie Vedder guitar, which would be a higher bid?

That's not really a fair comparison, because even though he plays some guitar Eddie isn't a main guitarist for his band, Mike McCready and Stone Gossard are.  Eddie's known for his work as a vocalist, not a guitarist

Eddie not working as a session musician or not having an amp or guitar edition named after him doesn't really mean anything
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2007, 09:26:16 PM »

Who is on the cover or Rolling Stone?? Slash or Vedder?

Don't know about that, but Guns N' Roses for sure is more relevant and I would Assume Slash is too.? If you went on Ebay and saw a Slash guitar or an Eddie Vedder guitar, which would be a higher bid?

To muscicans and people in bands and in the music industry, Slash is still the man.? Look at how Clive Davis got Slash to be on the Daughtry Album.? Slash is a session player to the stars even now.? Was Eddie asked to tribute Jimi Hendrix?? He did a tribute for REM, Slash did Van freaking Halen.?

That's taking it out of context a bit, wouldn't you agree?  Eddie isn't a famed guitar god like Slash, so talking about fine musical products is a bit out of line.  Plus, Eddie doesn't whore himself out for money.....

Oh, Slash messed up ATBL, and Poundcake was a fucking joke!

But, I digress.  This thread is about Scott and Eddie and their relevancy to the masses.  Clearly, Eddie Vedder and the PJ boys come out on top.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »

I was joking when i mentioned the eddie guitar. I know this.  My point was that Slash is still very relevant.  Irrelevant people don't have 2 les paul custom guitars..

Garry, how you been?  Long time..
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »

I was joking when i mentioned the eddie guitar. I know this.? My point was that Slash is still very relevant.? Irrelevant people don't have 2 les paul custom guitars..

Garry, how you been?? Long time..

Doin' good Marc! 

Slash is a legend, I won't take that away from him.  One of the best guitarists ever.  But he's been filed away under the Classical section.

Vedder is a legend as well, but he still continues to be relevant.  PJ headlined Lollapalooza just last Sunday.  And people are still talking about him and the events that took place there.

VR isn't even headlining Inland Invasion.  And Los Angeles is their base of operations!  That's sad! 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »

VR is a joke....

not.. HA!!!!!!
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:39 PM »

I thought this was Vedder versus Weiland...not Vedder versus Slash.

Slash is still extremely relevent...he's the secret character in the new Guitar Hero 3.  Fall Out Boy is more relevent than Vr but they didn't ask Peter Weinerz to be in the game....they asked Slash.

Eddie is also exteremly relevent.  He's scoring the soundtrack to the new film Into The Wild by Sean Penn.  What film is Weiland scoring?  Oh, that's right...nothing.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:23 PM »

Maybe its because Weiland is busy touring with his band, doesn't have that much free time to do soundtracks to films at the moment.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »

To muscicans and people in bands and in the music industry, Slash is still the man.? Look at how Clive Davis got Slash to be on the Daughtry Album.? Slash is a session player to the stars even now.? Was Eddie asked to tribute Jimi Hendrix?? He did a tribute for REM, Slash did Van freaking Halen.?

Oh really..So Eddie DIDN`T do a tribute to Van Halen ? Wow that is really hard to belive man..Because Eddie Vedders singing-style is soooo close to David Lee Roth? ok
Instead he did a tribute to REM..? And what does that mean ? Does it mean that it?s moore status in doing a VH tribute ? That was a bad comparison to make out Slash as the better one, Do you know how fukkin HUGE, REM are ?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:24:07 PM by Adler_Sorum_Brain » Logged

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

You think Eddie Vedder is in REM?
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »

Did you read everything in my post? ?? Wink

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »

Well, to be frank it was slightly confusing.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »

Well maybe..But know iv?e changed it..Just because your?e sooo cute 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:25:34 PM by Adler_Sorum_Brain » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: