Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD  (Read 22367 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »

gee i wonder who you are talking about Roll Eyes

typical fucking slash fanatic boy response.

by the way, a few posts above i said "its amazing how often Slash's tune on Axl changes." and that "I can already see what he says next week.." ..so regardless of what he is asked, he could at least keep his facts striaght.

but you'll ignore any facts to defend your hero. maybe its your posts that are stupid. crying

Oh please tell me Great Seer, what will Slash be saying next week?

Your one to call someone a "fanboy"; You take sycophancy to a whole new level.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 08:01:52 PM »

Hmmm, Slash has some very nice things to say about his former bandmate and even takes blame for
how things went down and you choose to spin it this way:

these guys can't quit talking about Axl.  its amazing how often Slash's tune on Axl changes.   I can already see what he says next week..

Slash is a pathological liar.  a great guitarist, but not a good liar.

How typical.

keep ignoring the facts.  slash changes his tune every week.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »

if I'm not wrong, Slash said a few months ago that he's not going to respond questions about Axl or GNR anymore... well, that lasted the same time his ''no more GNR covers in VR sets''? Roll Eyes

if you read the full thing you'd see that this interview took place prior to the south american tour.

and so before slash said he wasn't going to bother with gnr related questions.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »

if I'm not wrong, Slash said a few months ago that he's not going to respond questions about Axl or GNR anymore... well, that lasted the same time his ''no more GNR covers in VR sets''  Roll Eyes

if you read the full thing you'd see that this interview took place prior to the south american tour.

and so before slash said he wasn't going to bother with gnr related questions.

But he has answered GNR related questions since he said that...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »

yea in fact he's answering more GnR questions in the last year than he has since he's left guns over a decade ago.   

you'd think with a new album out these guys wuld be more interested in talking about VR and Libertad.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

yea in fact he's answering more GnR questions in the last year than he has since he's left guns over a decade ago.? ?

you'd think with a new album out these guys wuld be more interested in talking about VR and Libertad.

what the HELL! have you read the article?!?! the entire interview is massive, goes in depth about the guitars used on libertad, he talks about how he likes scotts voice on this record, etc. this is just one small tidbit that the axilites are focusing on.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »

yea in fact he's answering more GnR questions in the last year than he has since he's left guns over a decade ago.   

what the HELL! have you read the article?!?! the entire interview is massive, goes in depth about the guitars used on libertad, he talks about how he likes scotts voice on this record, etc. this is just one small tidbit that the axilites are focusing on.

yet the title of the thread is: Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »

Umm, what is your point? I am not trying to attack you, I disagree with a lot of your opinions, however I am being civil. Slash can't control what some guy names a thread, this is a GNR forum, so the guy pointed out the axl part which im sure most of you have the strongest amount of interest for. 

"you'd think with a new album out these guys wuld be more interested in talking about VR and Libertad."

So read the interview in which this excerpt was pulled from.  I just can't follow your logic sometimes man

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »

keep ignoring the facts.?

The fact I was focusing on was the fact that Slash praised his former bandmate and took blame for how things ended up and the fact you chose to take a typical/predictable stance in your reply to the original post. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 08:26:41 PM »

i read it before you posted it here, its a good one. A little gear insight for us guitarists.

Chinese Democracy is done, nice to hear

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 08:40:52 PM »

yea in fact he's answering more GnR questions in the last year than he has since he's left guns over a decade ago.? ?

yet the title of the thread is: Slash Interview - Mentions Axl/CD

You need to start some comprehensive lecture courses man, you're reading just what you think things are, like other people say, this is just a small part of the interview, and even if slash said he wasn't going to talk about Axl anymore, what's wrong with giving a simple answer that would please the ears of the interviewer, it's nothing more than that, actually he's being nice....

I can see you guys bashing Slash for "not having anything to say about Axl/CD because he's obviously avoiding the fact that CD is better than Libertad"  is that would you probably say??   or something else???

Damn, have Axl's child if you please but stop bashing Slash just because you want to... and please, start reading...   peace

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

So read the interview in which this excerpt was pulled from.  I just can't follow your logic sometimes man

i would if i was more interestd in libertad but its a weak mediocre album so I dont really care about info on it.   

i was just responding to the topic of the thread.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »

So read the interview in which this excerpt was pulled from.? I just can't follow your logic sometimes man

i would if i was more interestd in libertad but its a weak mediocre album so I dont really care about info on it.? ?

That says it all right there - you don't even know what it's about and you start verbally attacking everything - based on the topic of the thread.? That's like arguing about some world or political event just based on reading the title, only, of a newspaper article.? ?And then the word "fact" gets thrown around.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:56:13 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 09:25:42 PM »

i would if i was more interestd in libertad but its a weak mediocre album so I dont really care about info on it.   

That says it all right there - you don't even know what it's about and you start verbally attacking everything - based on the topic of the thread.  That's like arguing about some world or political event just based on reading the title, only, of a newspaper article.   And then the word "fact" gets thrown around.   

the topic of the thread which was this part of the interview

Do you talk to Axl at all?

I know about what?s going on with him, probably about as much as anybody else does because it pops up in conversation. Otherwise, I don?t really spend too much time thinking about it. But I?m glad that he?s out there and he?s doing something. He?s got a record, which I know is done. He just has to put it out. I really have no animosity toward him anymore. I have finally gotten over that. I don?t have any of this sort of bitter resentment about the whole fucking upheaval that was 1996.

So it?s actually a nice, content feeling, and I?m glad that he?s working and I?m glad that I?m working. I feel like I?ve achieved something by having gotten a little bit out from underneath the umbrella of the constant Guns N? Roses recognition, which is great to an extent. You want to be able to do some other stuff without having?it?s like toilet paper on your heel. So now I feel content in doing what I?m doing and sort of letting bygones be bygones. Although I think he?s probably still pissed at me for a lot of things. But I?m like, whatever. It probably is my fault. Whatever, I?ll let it go.

no i didn't bother clicking to read the whole interview, I read this and that was enough.
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »

So read the interview in which this excerpt was pulled from.? I just can't follow your logic sometimes man

i would if i was more interestd in libertad but its a weak mediocre album so I dont really care about info on it.? ?

u think libertad is a weak mediocre album.this really shows how much u know about music.CD could cum out tomorow and be shit and the likes of u would praise the shit out of it cause its axls baby.really dont leave posts if u dont know what ur talkin bout.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

u think libertad is a weak mediocre album.this really shows how much u know about music.CD could cum out tomorow and be shit and the likes of u would praise the shit out of it cause its axls baby.really dont leave posts if u dont know what ur talkin bout.

If you think libertad is good then it shows how much you really know about music. That album is pure corporate rock, it's crap. And the only way most people can defend it is by bashing Axl or by sayinh "its great compared to the rest of what's out there"....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 09:37:06 PM »

i gave the album a fair chance, go read my reviews of it.   I'm listening to Let It Roll as I type this.    It has its moments but as a whole it is very mediocre.  I hardly see what CD has to do with it, but with what we have gotten from that (in demo form, mind you) completely blows any of VR's stuff out of the water.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 09:40:09 PM »

Lets get back on topic please, lots of Libertad discussion in the "Libertad discussion" thread and plenty of comparison threads in the Dead Horse forum.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »

If you think libertad is good then it shows how much you really know about music. That album is pure corporate rock, it's crap. And the only way most people can defend it is by bashing Axl or by sayinh "its great compared to the rest of what's out there"....

So apparently your amazing knowlege of music has appointed you the judge of what is good music and what is bad? that same musical brilliance that came to the conclusion SBQM and slither have the same riff. I personally love the album, without bringing up comparisons to Axl. It may be easier for me because I like Axl's stuff too. Pure corporate rock, I doubt you even have any idea what you're talking about anymore
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »

Why you need to bring GNR to the discussion? Why you all Scott fanboys need to justify EVERYTHING VR or Scottie does with GNR or Axl comparisons? Why you all keep insisting on a senseless comparison?

Guns N' Roses cant be compared with VR, and Axl Rose cant be compared with Weiland. Same for ANY GNR album with ANY VR album. It's just ridiculous: frontmen in different leagues, bands in different leagues, albums in different leagues. You'll necesarily lose everytime you all propose this kind of comparisons.

Go compare VR with...lets say... Buckcherry, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, etc. Compare Weiland with any other Vedder/Morrison wannabe and compare ''Libertad'' with any other mediocre-disposable-corporate rock album and you'll have an interesting comparison to propose.

If you want to discuss CD, GNR or the ethernal GNR leader, feel free to go to the GNR section. Let's make things easier to the mods  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: