Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION  (Read 27605 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »

Yep...that's Jarmo, things are getting civil and people are talking and being cool and he pulls something out of his arse like that. Instead of saying he preferes Axl to Scott he has to belittle him to the point where the only person he is belittling is himself. But I guess if we are going to talk like that comparing Robin to Slash is like comparing a pro to an amateur. Is that the type of shit we want to promote?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »

I just think it's bullshit to even compare Axl to this Weiland character.

It's like comparing a pro to an amateur.

The real thing to a wanna-be.

Obviously some of you think Scott is the first. Poor misguided people.? rofl

/jarmo

VR is hit and miss with me.? Axl is a master at what he does, but I have no problem admitting that I feel Scott has created a more diverse body of work, and that's why I prefer him.

You prefer Scott over Axl?  Huh I don?t wanna look like I?m contradicting myself but if that?s the case... I don?t think this board is the place for you.  I don?t mean to offend you in any way and I respect your opinion, but you?d do much better in a VR board.  beer

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »

Why should he have to be on a VR board? Does GNR have to be your favorite band for you to come on this board? I love GNR but it's nice to have some diversity and for to have different people with different opinions here. And it would be nice for people not to be closed minded and to trash others opinions just cause they are different than theirs.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »

I agree with you.   Smiley But I was just advising the guy that he would do much better in a different board. I don?t feel (anymore) that this is the right board for a VR fan. There?s much better forums out there for that purpose. That?s my opinion anyway. Of course he can come here and post news about VR and then get upset by the posts following, everyday single day.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »

Does GNR have to be your favorite band for you to come on this board?

Depends. For you I'd say yes since you have an agenda.  Tongue

You don't have to think GN'R is #1, but don't expect us to feel sorry for you if you only come here to put down the bands and its fans.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:22:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »

Obviously some of you think Scott is the first. Poor misguided people.  rofl

/jarmo

VR is hit and miss with me.  Axl is a master at what he does, but I have no problem admitting that I feel Scott has created a more diverse body of work, and that's why I prefer him.

You prefer Scott over Axl?  Huh I don?t wanna look like I?m contradicting myself but if that?s the case... I don?t think this board is the place for you.  I don?t mean to offend you in any way and I respect your opinion, but you?d do much better in a VR board.  beer

Yes, I do prefer Weiland to Axl.  I liked Axl first b/c GnR hit the scene before STP did, but I have grown to like Scott better, for the reason I stated: I think he has more music for different moods.  This takes nothing from Axl.  Still love the guy's music.  As for leaving the board...why?  I post on a VR board, GnR board, STP board, PJ board, Flaming Lips board, Butch Walker board etc. etc. etc., b/c I like all types of bands and music.  I don't take others opinions personal, I just don't feel the need to bash differing opinions, and belittle those who disagree.  It's a big world guys.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:24:29 PM by oldleadbelly » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »

Obviously some of you think Scott is the first. Poor misguided people.? rofl

/jarmo

VR is hit and miss with me.? Axl is a master at what he does, but I have no problem admitting that I feel Scott has created a more diverse body of work, and that's why I prefer him.

You prefer Scott over Axl?? Huh I don?t wanna look like I?m contradicting myself but if that?s the case... I don?t think this board is the place for you.? I don?t mean to offend you in any way and I respect your opinion, but you?d do much better in a VR board.? beer

Yes, I do prefer Weiland to Axl.? I liked Axl first b/c GnR hit the scene before STP did, but I have grown to like Scott better, for the reason I stated: I think he has more music for different moods.? This takes nothing from Axl.? Still love the guy's music.? As for leaving the board...why?? I post on a VR board, GnR board, STP board, PJ board, Flaming Lips board, Butch Walker board etc. etc. etc., b/c I like all types of bands and music.? I don't take others opinions personal, I just don't feel the need to bash differing opinions, and belittle those who disagree.? It's a big world guys.

Alright? ok I?m sorry if I offended you in anyway...?  peace I just thought you were using this board to check VR related threads. That?s why I advised you to go to a VR board. Cos I just feel this ain?t the best place for that.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »

/jarmo

VR is hit and miss with me.  Axl is a master at what he does, but I have no problem admitting that I feel Scott has created a more diverse body of work, and that's why I prefer him.

Yes, I do prefer Weiland to Axl.  I liked Axl first b/c GnR hit the scene before STP did, but I have grown to like Scott better, for the reason I stated: I think he has more music for different moods.  This takes nothing from Axl.  Still love the guy's music.  As for leaving the board...why?  I post on a VR board, GnR board, STP board, PJ board, Flaming Lips board, Butch Walker board etc. etc. etc., b/c I like all types of bands and music.  I don't take others opinions personal, I just don't feel the need to bash differing opinions, and belittle those who disagree.  It's a big world guys.

you must have a lot of time on your hands
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:05 PM »

In my opinion that friend sings patient better than scott.

He's just an armature not wide ranged or trained but he sings the song thinking about his girl friend in the distance. He doesn't sing it just because it's by a certain band or because his friends can play it.

oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2007, 09:28:38 AM »

/jarmo

you must have a lot of time on your hands

Haha, nice try, but I'm not touching this one.  I'm here to talk about music, nothing else.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »

/jarmo

Alright  ok I?m sorry if I offended you in anyway...   peace I just thought you were using this board to check VR related threads. That?s why I advised you to go to a VR board. Cos I just feel this ain?t the best place for that.

No problem at all.  Things get a bit heated here some...well let's be honest...most of the time, but I'm not offended.  No need to apologize, but I appreciate it. peace
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: