Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION  (Read 27599 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »

i watched the webcast last night.   

VR sucked.   Scott sucked.  I won't be going to see them next week now.  Someone tell Matt to tune his fucking snare drum.  And put down that stupid megaphone Scott, we dont need it in every song.    He really sucked at the end.

You?re not going to see them cos of a bad webcast and cos Scott was ill and injured himself at the end?  Huh

i was iffy on it in the first place.  tickets are like 90 bucks.   not worth it when I'm not a fan of most of the songs, and I can't stand Scott on GnR classics like Patience.    The STP covers are cool but they don't play them as good as STP.   Just not worth it.   If this show was any indication of next weeks show, Its not worth it.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »

i watched the webcast last night.   

VR sucked.   Scott sucked.  I won't be going to see them next week now.  Someone tell Matt to tune his fucking snare drum.  And put down that stupid megaphone Scott, we dont need it in every song.    He really sucked at the end.

You?re not going to see them cos of a bad webcast and cos Scott was ill and injured himself at the end?  Huh

i was iffy on it in the first place.  tickets are like 90 bucks.   not worth it when I'm not a fan of most of the songs, and I can't stand Scott on GnR classics like Patience.    The STP covers are cool but they don't play them as good as STP.   Just not worth it.   If this show was any indication of next weeks show, Its not worth it.

Alright... it?s your money and your choice.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 05:55:11 PM »

VR sucked.? ?Scott sucked.? I won't be going to see them next week now.? Someone tell Matt to tune his fucking snare drum.? And put down that stupid megaphone Scott, we dont need it in every song.? ? He really sucked at the end.

Agreed scott's preformance was bad but that probably was because he's ill, Although I do applaude scott for finishing the show even after he injured himself...

How did he injure himself?

He jumped of a monitor and twisted his ankle(or he pulled a hamstring or something not too sure about that) that's also the reason why he did slither sitting down...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 05:59:24 PM by Grouse » Logged
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »

VR sucked.? ?Scott sucked.? I won't be going to see them next week now.? Someone tell Matt to tune his fucking snare drum.? And put down that stupid megaphone Scott, we dont need it in every song.? ? He really sucked at the end.

Agreed scott's preformance was bad but that probably was because he's ill, Although I do applaude scott for finishing the show even after he injured himself...

How did he injure himself?

He jumped of a monitor and twisted his ankle(or he pulled a hamstring or something not too sure about that) that's also the reason why he did slither sitting down...

That would have been a perfect opportunity to go "I'm getting too old for this shit"
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »

and I can't stand Scott on GnR classics like Patience.  

Scott sang Patience ? Is nothing sacred anymore Grin
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »

the webcast sucked, and was mixed very poorly, backing vocals being heard over main vocals.

scott was not on form for whatever reason, but everyone has off days.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 08:49:17 PM »

and I can't stand Scott on GnR classics like Patience.  

Scott sang Patience ? Is nothing sacred anymore Grin

Unfortunately yes he dose Sad
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »

Not really a surprise you wouldn't go see VR, you along with Jarmo have been one of the biggest complainers of VR around here. I say I glad you aren't going to see them, we don't need your kind. Now if only you would decide to do the same with this section of the message board  Roll Eyes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

actually, in my opinion, it is your kind we don't need 'round these here parts.
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »

ok, and why do you say that? I don't come here bitching and complaining like you do. I've respected both VR and GNR and have not talked trash just for something to do. Scott is allowed to have an off show, remember your sweet Axl at the VMAs. He completely stunk. He was out of breath during Jungle, but did I stop following the bad. I still went to see them when they were in Ottawa and enjoyed the performance. Axl had an off night it happens. Axl is still a great frontman and the new version of GNR does play a good show, the same is true of Scott and VR and one off night doesn't change that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 11:05:03 PM »

ok, and why do you say that? I don't come here bitching and complaining like you do. I've respected both VR and GNR and have not talked trash just for something to do. Scott is allowed to have an off show, remember your sweet Axl at the VMAs. He completely stunk. He was out of breath during Jungle, but did I stop following the bad. I still went to see them when they were in Ottawa and enjoyed the performance. Axl had an off night it happens. Axl is still a great frontman and the new version of GNR does play a good show, the same is true of Scott and VR and one off night doesn't change that.

Why are you bringing GN'R into this?

It's about how much Scott sucked at this gig.

Nothing to do with the 2002 VMAs.

Most people on this board would rather see Axl on an "off night", than Scott.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:15 AM »

Why are you bringing GN'R into this?

It's about how much Scott sucked at this gig.

Nothing to do with the 2002 VMAs.

Most people on this board would rather see Axl on an "off night", than Scott.? ok

/jarmo

Nobody wants to see anybody on an off night, scott sucked, his voice sounded sick and terrible and he was off key quite a bit. Just like nobody wants to see "off night" axl out of breath, looking lethargic, and sounding like mickey mouse. Nothing to do with the 2002 vmas? I think it was quite relevant, the topic is about an off night, and this is a guns n roses board.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 01:02:44 AM »

i was in the front row for the whole show. Scott sounded bad compared to the tuesday show in santa barbara.it look like scott fucked up his ankle jumping off a monitor towards the drumset, i wasn't looking right at him, but i heard him hit the floor and he had to sing slither while sitting on a chair, after the song we was able to walk off on his own power very ginerly

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »

Poor Scott. Have you seen the footage where Axl jumps off a huge speaker, twisting his ankle when he lands! You can actually see him swear as he hits the ground. Trooper that he is, he covers it nicely and keeps dancing.  rofl

Someone here had the footage as their avatar. Cracked me up!

And Scott had to sit down you say......aww.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »

And Scott had to sit down you say......aww.

That was really fucking cheap, and you know that.

He was hurt and had to sit down... That seems pretty logical to me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:55:31 AM by Beef Jerky » Logged
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 04:00:08 AM »

That was really fucking cheap, and you know that.

He was hurt and had to sit down... That seems pretty logical to me.

Also pretty stupid. Weiland isn't a young man any more. I tore the muscle and ligaments in my ankle when I was 21, and walked 3 miles home on it. Could I do that now? Could I arse.

Besides, not all twisted ankles are the same. But for a person who thought that hearts were on the right side of the chest, I wouldn't expect stolat to realise this.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 04:21:39 AM »

oh, sorry for bringing Axl into it.  Tongue

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »

any vids?

I forgot all about it last night.

yeah me too Undecided
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 04:06:19 PM »

It's funny, I saw an amp they were using that said GUNS-N-ROSES on it.....
It's hard to believe they are still using stuff from 15 years ago that shouldn't belong to them to begin with.

The San Diego show wasn't as bad as KROQ's because: The injured ankle kept Scott from excessive ass-shaking, and the chilly weather made him keep his shirt on.
Also, since 1/3 of the songs they did were covers, the set wasn't that bad even if you don't like the VR albums.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »

It's funny, I saw an amp they were using that said GUNS-N-ROSES on it.....
It's hard to believe they are still using stuff from 15 years ago that shouldn't belong to them to begin with.

Musicians tend to "own" their own gear so the theory of them "using stuff from 15 years ago that shouldn't belong to them to begin with" is off the mark.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: